Mary Jo - Envelopes

BobBrazeal

DIS Veteran
Mary Jo,

Last night I started using the Go button on the Forum jump at the bottom of each thread to navigate back to the main forum page. This seemed to clear up the "unpredictable" behavior of the envelopes. I was understanding them and getting used to them.

Well now that odd behavior is back even when I use the Go button. I've been using only that to navigate to make sure I didn't introduce any of the behavior from something else.

I'll be working my way down the list of topics and the envelopes will be closing as expected. Then on one return to the list of topics, I'll notice one or more open envelopes above me. These are not near the top nor when I go there do they have any new replies in them.

Lets say that there is one open envelope about the middle of the list, with closed envelopes above and below it. I go to that thread and navigate back via the Go button at the bottom of the page. That envelope closes and the next one below it is now open. I can do that all the way down the topic list.

If there are more than one like that, say three open envelopes with closed above and below, and I read the top of the three, when I navigate back that one closes and the next one below the two remaining will now be open, keeping three open as I move down the list.

Also it doesn't always do this. Like last night it was working fine and seemed to be fine for a while this morning.

I'm going to try to eliminate other variables and see if I can narrow it down. See if skipping around in reading posts vs. working right down the line makes a difference. I believe that I was working right down the list.

Sorry for so long but I've waited to post something until I could have something concrete to describe to you and to make sure that my actions were consistent and not causing the unpredictable activity.

Thanks,

Bob

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy>Bob,

I'm impressed. Thank you for helping us out. I'll let the wm's know what you've found out so far...

Quick update.

I got out of IE and back in. Same actions.
I have seen the same results on this board and on the Disney Vacation Club board.
I've started at the top and worked down, at the bottom and worked up and random; all with the same results.
I've used the thread title to navigate to the thread and I've used the "down arrow" next to the thread title. No difference in the envelope actions.
Of course this only happens when I've got a maybe 20 or 30 open envelopes to begin with. With just one or two, I read the new posts and the envelopes close and stay closed until a new reply is added to a thread.
I don't get any envelopes open that are next to threads without the down arrow. I assume those go hand in hand, indicating new posts since I last logged in.

I feel like I'm playing Whack-a-mole. I hit one and another pops up at random somewhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter