Masks Provide More Protection Against Covid-19 Than A Vaccine

Good point. When those vaccinations become available it'll be "game on" for people resuming normal activity. The attitude among many will be "I got the shot, I'm done with this crap." :sad2:
Agreed. I don't think people understand that a vaccine isn't a forcefield and doesn't work instantaneously so things could go very badly during the holidays. I don't even want to think about the possibility too long, too scary.

There's already a lot of "I'm done with this crap." I hear it in one form or another from a different person every day. And there's a lot of #maskoff floating around on social media, too. :sad2:

We are all tired of this, but some have never given precautions a good try.

And I do agree, there's a process to finding masks that work for you. I've got several cloth ones (probably 12 to 15) that I have worn every day since April and am still thinking I want to go look for another mask.

And yes, I get Redfied's point. Even with a vaccine, we'll probably need to wear a mask for a while to keep the virus under control while people are vaccinated and while we learn the efficacy of the vaccine.

Again, I don't like masking and social distancing, but I do believe scientists.

Is wearing a bra a mandatory activity? I've pretty much given up wearing them in the privacy of my home. But when I leave the house it's mostly bra and always mask.

And not just for others. When they are well fitted there is a certain amount of comfort and security. And they can keep you warmer. But when it gets cooler I will probably like the mask less as I don't like covering my face and getting it sweaty when it's cold outside.

I'll still wear it but will probably feel less comfortable.

Funny thing - I bought a boatload of masks and I also made a couple. But I prefer to wear the disposable ones. Then I go out wearing my disposable and I'm not making the fashion statement others are. Makes me feel so plain Jane.

Early on, I made a point of learning how to put on and take off the mask. I learned to keep hand sanitizer in my car and I learned not to touch anything - my face, other objects, and to try to be as 'good' as possible at avoiding possible infection.

And - as the weather gets cooler here, I've figured out that I can get away with no bra if I wear a loose sweater or jacket for the little trips. But as soon as it freezes on will go the bra.

Will the mask make a difference over the course of this pandemic? I sure hope so as what else have we got?

Approrite undergarments and panty hose were written in the dress code when I started working in a bank in 1985. I left there 20 years ago, have no idea what's in their dress code today.

But a bra for women was expected. And still is in much of today's society. I do find them more uncomfortable than a mask, especially in 90 plus summer temperatures.

Looking forward to the day bras are no longer expected, just like masks!

Our governor was able to extend her State of Emergency from 9/15/2020 to 10/15/2020 I wish it was longer and she wishes it was longer but it's about all she can get right now. Hopefully they extend it again millions of Federal aid are at stake and it would be foolhardy not to allow the citizens of the state to get that aid. Anyways part of the Emergency (that was added later) is the mask mandate. It was set to expire with the State of Emergency but was then extended when that got extended to 10/15/2020.

In my state each county has the authority to adhere or not adhere to the mask mandate (among other decisions). My county met today (which was a planned meeting) and voted 4-3 to maintain the mask mandate til 10/15/2020. A lot of the local community wants the masks if for nothing else than they hope they help the schools and other businesses maintain the ability to stay open. Around here having in-person school (and fall sports) has been paramount for many of the parents.

I wish the mask mandate at least went through early next year especially as the vaccine efforts are really ramping up.

Good point. When those vaccinations become available it'll be "game on" for people resuming normal activity. The attitude among many will be "I got the shot, I'm done with this crap." :sad2:
I think this will be the case too. That's what I was worried about with the mask mandate being voted on today. I know there's mask fatigue but I was concerned if we fall back on not having the mandate the ones only doing it because of it will stop doing it. I think that could be the case with the vaccine too but vaccines take time to get through a population so it can't just be you get the shot and now you're good. You gotta give it time.

When we came out to WDW we understood that the cost of being able to go and enjoy the empty parks was we had to wear a mask, we had to use the hand sanitizer and we had to maintain 6' from everyone else (and any other rules Disney or the airlines imposed). Same goes for going to the grocery store, the hardware store, and everywhere else you might encounter strangers, especially indoors. I do not see it as a loss of freedom, it is the COST of freedom. Otherwise we stay home...which is what we have been doing...since March...and that does feel like prison. You don't have to ask, of course we will wear the masks - GLADLY. I personally do not care if the masks protect me, or any stranger, or no one at all.

Now if only we could get the schools to open...

@jlwhitney I don't find anything funny about getting federal aid nor about a community who is concerned about the quality of education their children are getting if they aren't in person and about keeping places open but if you feel like enlightening me by all means do so :flower3:

@jlwhitney I don't find anything funny about getting federal aid nor about a community who is concerned about the quality of education their children are getting if they aren't in person and about keeping places open but if you feel like enlightening me by all means do so :flower3:

nothing to do about schools but wishing the mask mandate to be dated into spring .

but I also live in a county with no mask mandate and everything is open (many places don’t require masks and haven’t been having anymore issues then places that require them) and schools are 5 days for all grades (grades 3-12 wear masks but not for everything depends on class and spacing and such).

oh and we have a decent size population And the majority live in only a portion of the county and over crowded schools .

Is someone making you wear a paper one? Buy yourself couple nice cloth ones and stop whining.
I bought a few "very nice" cloth masks. No thanks. They are gross. IMO I will stick with disposables.

nothing to do about schools but wishing the mask mandate to be dated into spring .

but I also live in a county with no mask mandate and everything is open (many places don’t require masks and haven’t been having anymore issues then places that require them) and schools are 5 days for all grades (grades 3-12 wear masks but not for everything depends on class and spacing and such).

oh and we have a decent size population And the majority live in only a portion of the county and over crowded schools .
I must have missed where I said Spring..I actually said "early next year"..that means Spring to you?

For context the city on the other side (the city itself has the most population of any one city in the metro at nearly 492K) of the state line extended their mask mandate to run through 1/16/2021 on 8/13/2020. I'd be more comfortable with that.

There's over 2.1 million people in my metro between both states lines. We all are part of the same community here though with differing rules. My county is the most populous in my state (over 600K).

It's been all open here for months now as well.

You seem to have a strange issue with my statement that's for sure though I appreciate you responding to me giving your reasoning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!