Mattress Question

A few months ago, I posted about how lousy our very expensive kings mattress has become. It occurred to me that perhaps I could replace it with two twin mattresses, and perhaps have more ability to flip, turn and even replace more easily. Has anyone ever done this? If so, has it worked? I wouldn't need to replace anything other than the mattress.
Thoughts?
Suggestions?

Sure - I've known several people that have done this. You can buy a kit on Amazon for about $35 that has a little pad that goes on the crack between the two mattresses and a strap that goes around the whole thing to hold it together.

No actual help. But I’ve needed to replace my mattress for about 5+years and can’t seem to do it. Maybe it is spending money. Maybe it is being afraid of getting one I don’t like. But what ever the reason I am suffering through it.

I know people who have this. They also claim it limits movement to the other side of the bed when one rolls over.

My husband and I have Purple mattresses and the Purple adjustable bed frame so we have 2 twin mattresses so we can each adjust our own side. It works well for us. When we had a Sleep Number bed it was kinda similar except Sleep Numbers have a foam insert between so it kinda feels like one mattress but not really.

Friends of mine lived in an older home with steep stairways with sharp turns, so it was impossible to get a king inside the bedroom. They did the two twins with a strap around them and it worked for them for several years until they built their new home.

What mattresses can be flipped these days other than hotel mattresses?

I haven't specifically seen that done, but I do remember when my parents bought a California king mattress set once, it came with a two piece box spring that looked like two twin mattresses side by side.

If it is a Eurotop or pillowtop, you can't flip it over, just turn it 180 degrees (so the head is the foot and foot is the head).

Oh, but be careful, because the mattress will have on its operating instructions "Do not use the handles as handles" :jester:

That's because they are not intended to support the weight of the mattress. They are there so you have something to grab onto while positioning the mattress properly.

Friends of mine lived in an older home with steep stairways with sharp turns, so it was impossible to get a king inside the bedroom. They did the two twins with a strap around them and it worked for them for several years until they built their new home.

We have a 100 year old home and our room was in the attic. We got a sleep number for this exact reason. So much easier to get up the narrow staircase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter