Max Pass Question

Beckyb3

Mouseketeer
So I am still trying to get up to speed on how Max Pass works but I know that I probably should get it. My question is basically at what point in the day does Max Pass get to be less valuable? Meaning roughly at what point are Fast Passes all gone so you wouldn't necessarily be using it. The reason I ask is because we will be going to Disneyland with a three day pass but we won't arrive until later on the first day because we will be driving up from Carlsbad and we may spend some time at Legoland or at the resort first. We are definitely going to get the three day pass because with the promo offer because it makes the most sense even if we can only spend a few hours in the park so my idea was to come in the evening and maybe do a few rides and then do the World of Color Dessert Party to basically start off our Disneyland trip (this is our first time). If we are arriving later in the day, do we still need the Max Pass on the first day? Part of the reason I am asking is because I am debating on whether we get our tickets direct from Disney or from Undercover Tourist. If we get the tickets direct, we can have Max pass already which is a bit more convenient but it is about $30 more after you factor in the Max Pass discount (for a family of four). This delta gets to be about $75 if we do wind up not needing Max Pass on day one and I would be more inclined to go with Undercover Tourist and pass up the extra convenience of already having this. Thoughts? At what point in the day will it be less valuable. Our first day there will be April 23rd if that makes a difference.

So I am still trying to get up to speed on how Max Pass works but I know that I probably should get it. My question is basically at what point in the day does Max Pass get to be less valuable? Meaning roughly at what point are Fast Passes all gone so you wouldn't necessarily be using it. The reason I ask is because we will be going to Disneyland with a three day pass but we won't arrive until later on the first day because we will be driving up from Carlsbad and we may spend some time at Legoland or at the resort first. We are definitely going to get the three day pass because with the promo offer because it makes the most sense even if we can only spend a few hours in the park so my idea was to come in the evening and maybe do a few rides and then do the World of Color Dessert Party to basically start off our Disneyland trip (this is our first time). If we are arriving later in the day, do we still need the Max Pass on the first day? Part of the reason I am asking is because I am debating on whether we get our tickets direct from Disney or from Undercover Tourist. If we get the tickets direct, we can have Max pass already which is a bit more convenient but it is about $30 more after you factor in the Max Pass discount (for a family of four). This delta gets to be about $75 if we do wind up not needing Max Pass on day one and I would be more inclined to go with Undercover Tourist and pass up the extra convenience of already having this. Thoughts? At what point in the day will it be less valuable. Our first day there will be April 23rd if that makes a difference.
I would say if you arrive late MP is not going to help that much and may not be worth it. It does allow you to get other folks cancelled FPs, but other than that its value is lower. If I were you I would do UT for the tix and just add MP manually each morning you need it.

:wizard:

Last edited:
You can always check on the app to see if rides are still distributing fastpasses that day and if it'll be worth getting maxpass that day or waiting for the next day

If you will be wanting to use PP or to get ride photos, then just get MP for one person, even if you arrive later in the day.

I wouldn’t get max pass for the first day. It literally takes less than a minute to add it to your ticket once you are through the turnstile.

If you main objective that first night is to see World of Color and take it easy, then there is no reason to get it. Some rides will be out of their fastpasses (space mountain, radiator springs racers), but not all. Lines for most of the rides at Disneyland don't get the really ridiculous length (like at WDW) except for maybe Radiator Springs Racers. Most of the better rides should be under an hour in the evening, a lot will be significantly less than that. You should be able to catch a few rides and take in World of Color without it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!