MaxPass and Rider Swap Question

chris1212

Mouseketeer
Just a question about my experience yesterday.... had 2 MP’s for Indy and got 2 rider swaps. First group rode, but then the ride broke down before we could use our rider swap. We were assured it would be good to use for the rest of the day.

We had another 3 MP’s for BTMRR, so went over there and got 3 rider swaps (one kid isn’t tall enough for Indy). Both our groups rode and when I checked the app I now only had 1 rider swap for Indy and not two. And it dissapeared after the time period was up.

I have now read you can only have one rider swap per person? We ended up not going back to Indy since we only had the one rider swap now and the time period was up.

If we had went back what is the policy on this situation? Would we have got the other rider swap back? How come the one disappeared from the app when we were assured it was now good all day? Very familiar with FP+, so just trying to learn the nuances of MP!

Just a question about my experience yesterday.... had 2 MP’s for Indy and got 2 rider swaps. First group rode, but then the ride broke down before we could use our rider swap. We were assured it would be good to use for the rest of the day.

We had another 3 MP’s for BTMRR, so went over there and got 3 rider swaps (one kid isn’t tall enough for Indy). Both our groups rode and when I checked the app I now only had 1 rider swap for Indy and not two. And it dissapeared after the time period was up.

I have now read you can only have one rider swap per person? We ended up not going back to Indy since we only had the one rider swap now and the time period was up.

If we had went back what is the policy on this situation? Would we have got the other rider swap back? How come the one disappeared from the app when we were assured it was now good all day? Very familiar with FP+, so just trying to learn the nuances of MP!

I have been told by CMs that you can only hold one rider switch at a time. However, I would think that if a ride went down that the rider switch should convert to a multiple experience pass, which would be good for any FP in that park for the rest of the day. Maybe rider switches don't convert? That's kind of a bummer. I would definitely write an email to Disney and ask about it. Maybe it's a bug that they need to address. Doesn't seem fair to lose the rider switch because a ride went down, after all, you don't lose a FP when a ride goes down. And it also doesn't seem right that you can't go get another rider switch while you wait for that ride to come back online so you can ride it. As far as going back and asking about it at the ride itself, in my experience a CM can do almost anything with their device but it's up to the discretion of that CM in that moment. I had an issue with RSR going down when I was supposed to do a rider switch and then my kid was melting down (right next to me as we were talking about it) and the CM asked me what time I wanted to return and manually put that time on my pass (for two hours later), which was nice. She also loaded an extra rider switch on my husband's pass, maybe as a "sorry for the trouble" gesture, which was also nice as it allowed me to take my son back to the hotel and my husband to ride RSR with my parents.

Thanks @SOCALMouseMommy !

I think if we had went back to the ride it wouldn’t have taken much explanation to get the rider swap back, but by that point we had moved past and didn’t bother going back. I have found that most CM’s have been granting rider swaps without even looking over to where I say the baby is.

Interesting that another day we had a Matterhorn rider swap we decided not to use. So let it expire and thought that was it. A few hours later we got a rider swap at space mountain and they said we still had one for Matterhorn? Even though it was long since expired and gone from our app.

Just to add my two cents experience. I agree with @SOCALMouseMommy. If you have a MP and a ride goes down, it automatically converts to a multiple experiences pass. But the rider switches do not convert. Two weeks ago, Cars went down while I was holding rider switches. Had to go all the way to Guest Services to get it fixed as the scanners for the CMs weren't working at the attraction. It was quite the cluster, you can imagine. However, Cars is not a multiple experiences ride choice, so I also went to Guest Services to see what could be done. I didn't want it accidentally converting. They made my rider switch good for the entire day, so it was definitely worth the walk. With that done, I was able to retain the chance to ride Cars when it came back online, but was also free to grab another rider switch as we continued through the park. (I knew about the one rider switch pass detail, another reason for making a GS stop!)

I think it's knowing these little details that can make the difference in one's experience with the new Rider Switch program. I hope this can help others and I'm always checking for others experiences as well. Thanks for posting! And keep posting about Riders Switch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter