MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

Great thread. I sure appreciate it. I see the problem I am going to have that another poster posted earlier. I don't ride much due to a low back problem - so any coasters, jerky rides, are out .i was the fast pass runner as well for my family. We are there right after July 4th for a few days so my understanding is every person needs a ticket to ride (or the fast pass at least for now to be scanned) , there is no ability for a FP runner while others ride FP rides.....and no real FEEL on when MAXPASS is going to be distributed.

If you had a crystal ball, would you predict the standby lines will be shorter as people wise up to the immediate FP return times thus the FP lines growing and times not so immediate? I guess I what I am trying to ask is I can't think park touring is going to remain so simplistic as people get clued in.....THoughts?

Great thread. I sure appreciate it. I see the problem I am going to have that another poster posted earlier. I don't ride much due to a low back problem - so any coasters, jerky rides, are out .i was the fast pass runner as well for my family. We are there right after July 4th for a few days so my understanding is every person needs a ticket to ride (or the fast pass at least for now to be scanned) , there is no ability for a FP runner while others ride FP rides.....and no real FEEL on when MAXPASS is going to be distributed.

If you had a crystal ball, would you predict the standby lines will be shorter as people wise up to the immediate FP return times thus the FP lines growing and times not so immediate? I guess I what I am trying to ask is I can't think park touring is going to remain so simplistic as people get clued in.....THoughts?
It doesn't matter if a standby line is shorter. FP will always be prioritized over standby and if more people are using FP the shorter standby line will move slower than it used to.

It doesn't matter if a standby line is shorter. FP will always be prioritized over standby and if more people are using FP the shorter standby line will move slower than it used to.

Ok thanks I guess I am just trying to figure out how much longer this ability to hop in line for a FP immediately and ride will last. The standby people have got to catch on at some point especially with CMs shouting the benefits of pulling the immediate fast pass. Trying to see if this is going to make park touring EASIER for me in a few weeks....thanks!

You can still be a runner. Scan your tickets (once or twice depending on the ride), THEN you get out of line and run and get another FP. It will be only a couple minutes slower than your regular strategy.

It depends on the ride. On rides with two loading stations, they are just feeding FP lines all the way through to loading. The other side is standby. Big Thunder never had a long FP return line...but that ride is a people eater, loading 30 per train with 4 trains running, there is always a train in the station.

I suspect the majority of these immediate return FP rides are either omnimovers or have a high hourly capacity such that the FP line can keep moving and the standby lines not hugely impacted.

I think it's brilliant and definitely directly addresses the concerns about overcrowding in the parks. If you get more people in lines and riding immediately, they aren't clogging up walkways and they get more done per day, leading to greater perception of value.

You can still be a runner. Scan your tickets (once or twice depending on the ride), THEN you get out of line and run and get another FP. It will be only a couple minutes slower than your regular strategy.

You can't always easily exit the line after the second touch point,though.

There really isn't a huge need anymore to have a runner.

You can't always easily exit the line after the second touch point,though.

There really isn't a huge need anymore to have a runner.

To the bolded - yes!!! Given how quickly the return times are and how short overall the FP lines were, there wasn't really anytime or need for a FP runner. The whole thing, start to finish was maybe 5-7 mins. The only ride I can think of that may have been longer was Indy and they only scan once on that ride, at the entrance so you could easily grab passes back.

To the bolded - yes!!! Given how quickly the return times are and how short overall the FP lines were, there wasn't really anytime or need for a FP runner. The whole thing, start to finish was maybe 5-7 mins. The only ride I can think of that may have been longer was Indy and they only scan once on that ride, at the entrance so you could easily grab passes back.
I don't disagree. I hope it stays that way, but I'm not sure how long the immediate FP will last.

I'd be surprised to see that continue long term.

I don't know...it seems to be working well. If it was really a glitch, it would have been fixed by now.

I think it is purposeful. If they are going to start charging a premium for the ability to make fastpasses on your phone, there needs to be an incentive to pay for it. These immediate return times plus the ability to secure FP literally between rides or while in lines, rather than having to go all the way TO an attraction is a huge bonus which people WILL pay for.

I don't know...it seems to be working well. If it was really a glitch, it would have been fixed by now.

I think it is purposeful. If they are going to start charging a premium for the ability to make fastpasses on your phone, there needs to be an incentive to pay for it. These immediate return times plus the ability to secure FP literally between rides or while in lines, rather than having to go all the way TO an attraction is a huge bonus which people WILL pay for.
Oh, I think it's purposeful. I just think they are monkeying with the system to test some things out. They were all over the board with things at WDW during the rollout of FP+.

Oh, I think it's purposeful. I just think they are monkeying with the system to test some things out. They were all over the board with things at WDW during the rollout of FP+.

We all know Disneyland is better at stuff than WDW. ;) They won't need all kinds of time to tinker with the system. They probably used all of WDWs issues to come up with this way of doing things as being the most effective.

We all know Disneyland is better at stuff than WDW. ;) They won't need all kinds of time to tinker with the system. They probably used all of WDWs issues to come up with this way of doing things as being the most effective.

I think we would all love if this is the new normal. :) We just have to agree to disagree for right now on the likelihood of that being the case.

But if this new timing system eliminates the need for a runner, and the main benefit of Maxpass is also eliminating the need for a physical runner, doesn't this actually take AWAY the incentive?

But if this new timing system eliminates the need for a runner, and the main benefit of Maxpass is also eliminating the need for a physical runner, doesn't this actually take AWAY the incentive?

Not really. With this system currently, you still need to go to the attraction to obtain a FP. But imagine you could get a FP with an immediate return for Big Thunder while inside Disneyland and then get one for Radiator Springs Racers immediately afterwards, all while walking to Space Mountain to ride standby? That's the benefit to Max Pass. A runner could not accomplish the same thing.

No, because without MaxPass you still have to cross the parks for FPs. It's just that (at the moment anyway) now in a lot of cases you can do the running right NOW vs having to wait for your time frame to open up and spacing out the running around.

For example my day in DCA on Tuesday:
Picked up GoTG FPs around 9:05 ish for 12:05-1:05. Our window to get the next FPs was 10:54
At that time Soarin FP return was 11:05-12:05. While older DD took the kids to meet Cap, DH and I went and picked those up and headed over to TSMM where the return was 11:10-12:10. We picked them up and since we were already passed our return window we could have gone on to RSR and picked up FPs there. All before the kids were done meeting Cap. We wanted a night time ride on RSR so went and rode Soarin, TSMM, had lunch, rode GoTG and then picked up RSR FPs on our way out for an afternoon break. Had I realized what was going on I probably would have grabbed Soarin, TSMM *then* GoTG saving us an hour of wait time for FPs.

So what it does is eliminate the need for a runner while others are riding. There's no time to kill so no need to split up to do that in a lot of cases.

Wasn't WDW created with the goal of resolving all of the issues DL had in the first few years?

Just checked the disney app, there are fast passes available right now for RSR and the return time is 13:10-14:10

???? What am I missing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts