MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

No, because without MaxPass you still have to cross the parks for FPs. It's just that (at the moment anyway) now in a lot of cases you can do the running right NOW vs having to wait for your time frame to open up and spacing out the running around.

For example my day in DCA on Tuesday:
Picked up GoTG FPs around 9:05 ish for 12:05-1:05. Our window to get the next FPs was 10:54
At that time Soarin FP return was 11:05-12:05. While older DD took the kids to meet Cap, DH and I went and picked those up and headed over to TSMM where the return was 11:10-12:10. We picked them up and since we were already passed our return window we could have gone on to RSR and picked up FPs there. All before the kids were done meeting Cap. We wanted a night time ride on RSR so went and rode Soarin, TSMM, had lunch, rode GoTG and then picked up RSR FPs on our way out for an afternoon break. Had I realized what was going on I probably would have grabbed Soarin, TSMM *then* GoTG saving us an hour of wait time for FPs.

So what it does is eliminate the need for a runner while others are riding. There's no time to kill so no need to split up to do that in a lot of cases.

Yep, I was thinking about this the other day as well. To make it work most effectively you would stack up two FP's for rides with immediate return(Soarin/TSMM/Cali Screamin/etc) and then grab an FP for an attraction that will force you into the two hour waiting period. By doing this you could knock out two rides with the immediate FP's and a third that you'll ride later.

Just checked the disney app, there are fast passes available right now for RSR and the return time is 13:10-14:10

???? What am I missing?

Did you already have your app opened previously? Ive noticed that while in the parks if I don't fully close the app, when I open it again it will still display old FP return times.

I am in Disneyland right now.

I can confirm crowds are moderate right now. No rides above 60 minutes.

Several rides had immediate FPs-Buzz, BTMR, HM, Roger Rabbit. Others are still available with relatively soon return times.

Something weird happened with my FPs. I pulled a Space FP at 3:24 for 7:10. In theory that means I shouldn't be able to get a new FP until 5:24, but when I checked the ticket it said 4:54, so I thought-hmm, maybe they've changed it to 90 minutes. Waited until 5:05 and tried to pull for BTMR, but it spit out an invalid ticket and said I couldn't get one until 5:24. I showed it to the CM (he wasn't busy) and confirmed I hadn't pulled anything else recently. So he opened up the CM cabinet and grabbed a special FP ticket to scan and pull a FP for me. Maybe I'll try pulling something else for a late ride and see what it says for next FP!

(quick semi-related / side question - in the DL app, I always select an attraction I am interested in to see the FP availability / return window.
Is there another way to see them all at once in the app that I am overlooking? or do you all do the one-at-a-time viewing?
thanks! don't mean to hijack)

(quick semi-related / side question - in the DL app, I always select an attraction I am interested in to see the FP availability / return window.
Is there another way to see them all at once in the app that I am overlooking? or do you all do the one-at-a-time viewing?
I sprung for the Disneyland Lines app from Touring Plans, and the ability to scroll through all the rides (for one park) on one screen and see the FP times is one of the features I love about it. $8/year, but discounts widely available.

I did see a glitch in it recently, where it wasn't showing the right times for those FPs that were available for immediate use.

I sprung for the Disneyland Lines app from Touring Plans, and the ability to scroll through all the rides (for one park) on one screen and see the FP times is one of the features I love about it. $8/year, but discounts widely available.

I did see a glitch in it recently, where it wasn't showing the right times for those FPs that were available for immediate use.

I go ride by ride. If there is a way to see them all listed, I don't know it. But at this point the official Disney app is the only one I'd trust, especially since it's been shown that the Lines app had incorrect information.

Just want to confirm that NO PICTURE shows up when scanning tickets to redeem FASTPASS.

So, you can switch tickets no problem.

Uh...no. All they did was make it bigger.

I can't think of one thing WDW does better than Disneyland. Not one.

Sure, they have the underground tunnels so that you don't see cast members walking to and from work. That also allowed them to have the underground trash collection system so custodial staff doesn't have to empty trash cans one by one. Plus the walkways are larger and much less crowded, with fewer bottleneck points. Logistically, there are definitely things that WDW were able to improve upon from DL.

Last edited:
Sure, they have the underground tunnels so that you don't see cast members walking to and from work. That also allowed them to have the underground trash collection system so custodial staff doesn't have to empty trash cans one by one. Plus the walkways are larger and much less crowded, with fewer bottleneck points. Logistically, there are definitely things that WDW were able to improve upon from DL.

But Disneyland actually keeps their bathrooms clean. And they empty their trash cans regularly...

Disneyland used to have similar rules. When I worked there, back in college, you weren't supposed to walk through another land if your costume didn't fit the theme. Also, there used to be a costume department, and lockers. You would pick up your costume when you arrived at work, change in the locker room, and at the end of the shift change back and turn your costume in. This has all been done away with because of space issues (I assume, the changes weren't made until after I left). Now cast members are given their costumes to keep at home, and thus now you see them walking into work in costume.

I go ride by ride. If there is a way to see them all listed, I don't know it. But at this point the official Disney app is the only one I'd trust, especially since it's been shown that the Lines app had incorrect information.
But there's been at least one report of a glitch in the official app as well.

Thank you for this confirmation. I'm sure it will help calm a lot of anxiety around here. How was your experience with DAS and FP today?

I'm trying to grasp the current FP situation and how it could affect our trip, although it sounds like everything could change again at any time.

I'd really like to hear current DAS experiences. There are only a few rides with FP that we might use the DAS for, but two are rides that my son will likely want to ride repeatedly (Buzz and TSMM).

But Disneyland actually keeps their bathrooms clean. And they empty their trash cans regularly...
Never been to WDW so no dog in this but mid Tuesday morning I stopped into the restroom across from Grizzly/catty corner to Ariel and it was disgusting with not a CM in sight. I was a little shocked by it. I have never seen a Disney bathroom get that way and there's always a CM if not two in the bathrooms constantly cleaning. Never saw it that bad again the rest of the trip but it sure was surprising.
But there's been at least one report of a glitch in the official app as well.
Meh, I don't know that I'd call that a glitch. If you open up a ride to FP times and don't go back to the list sometimes it hasn't refreshed when you open it back up. That has more to do with how you have your phone set up, how often it refreshes and your signal. That poster never came back but others reported it working fine at the same time. I've used many wait apps including Lines and the official app is by far and away the most accurate IMO. Five days in the park and it never steered us wrong.

Nothing wrong with having both, especially since the DLR app is free.
Agreed. Got to do what works best for you.

Has there been any word or speculation on how MaxPass will work with tickets that have already been bought when it goes live? Especially with regard to third party resale tickets? We're going next month but I haven't bought tickets yet because I don't know how the possible activation of Max Pass before our trip would affect our ability to add it to the tickets, if we choose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter