*No longer relevant* (Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy)

Oh, so they haven't actually changed how the ride moves then?
It's still an up and down ride with surprise drops. That mechanism hasn't changed. But the music is upbeat and and a lot more fun.

Does anyone know if max pass quantities are limited? I was considering buying tickets through a discount site and then adding max pass once we are in the parks. I just don't want max pass to become unavailable due to the SWGE crowds expected this summer.

Does anyone know if max pass quantities are limited? I was considering buying tickets through a discount site and then adding max pass once we are in the parks. I just don't want max pass to become unavailable due to the SWGE crowds expected this summer.
So far there's been no mention of limiting quantities of MP sold. That said, it does come with warnings that purchasing it doesn't guarantee availability of FP's. They expect you to check the app and see what's available before you purchase.

That said, who the heck knows what might change when SWL opens.

We are new to DLR and have a few Max Pass questions....
Is there a link to a FAQ thread? or can someone answer for us?

* If you know you are going to use Max Pass for the full time you are there, can you pay once on your first day? Or do you have to pay every day?
* Can you purchase MP on the app? Online? Or at the resort guest relations? (staying at Paradise Pier)
* How does it work to "stack" FPs? I've seen people say they are stacking them??
* what is the typical wait time to reserve another FP with the MP app? I remember years ago at WDW it was typical 2 hour wait between FP.
* So if at 8:30am we grabbed a FP for something at 10am, how long till we grab another?
* Or if at 8:30am we grabbed a FP for something at 4pm, how long till we can get another?

Thanks!!

Great thread! Appreciate it!
One other question.... about the actual purchasing....
Can you add MaxPass to your entire multi day ticket all at once? Or is this something that has to be added each day?
I see that you can if you purchase the tickets direct from Disney online.... however we are purchasing with our stay at PP and will pick up the tickets when we check in. Can we add the MaxPass at check in when picking up our tickets?

Great thread! Appreciate it!
One other question.... about the actual purchasing....
Can you add MaxPass to your entire multi day ticket all at once? Or is this something that has to be added each day?
I see that you can if you purchase the tickets direct from Disney online.... however we are purchasing with our stay at PP and will pick up the tickets when we check in. Can we add the MaxPass at check in when picking up our tickets?
You typically purchase day-by-day if you didn't add it when you bought the tickets. As mentioned by @theluckyrabbit, some people have reported being able to add them in advance to tickets bought with a Disney package.

Purchasing Maxpass for the day takes literal seconds, though (barring an IT issue or something). You just want to make sure your tickets and a credit card are linked to your Disney account in the app. You'll click on the "Get FASTPASS with Disney Maxpass" link on the app, it will prompt you to purchase, which you tap, you enter your CVV from the linked credit card, and boom! You're all set and booking that first FP. So I wouldn't let adding it daily stress you out. The other nice thing about adding it daily is that you may not need/want it every day, especially on a longer trip (and if you're not park-hopping). So adding daily gives you flexibility.

Did you book through Disney Travel? If so, call them to ask if they can add MP to your tickets.
We booked through Disney, but for the special pricing for Dapper Days. They said on the phone that we would pay for the tickets when we arrive and add the MaxPass then. I just didn't ask if it could be paid all at once. But.... the guy really didn't seem quite sure about it. I am thinking to call back tomorrow and see if I can pay ahead. Thanks!

Can someone tell me how to “refresh” the fast pass return times on the app? Do I click out of the app and reopen it, or if I hit “refresh plans”, will that do it? I keep seeing people mentioning refreshing it a lot.

Thanks!

Can someone tell me how to “refresh” the fast pass return times on the app? Do I click out of the app and reopen it, or if I hit “refresh plans”, will that do it? I keep seeing people mentioning refreshing it a lot.

Thanks!
You have to be eligible to pull a FP, and then you have to just keep clicking back to the “select park” screen, click the park, go back, click the park again, etc.

It’s actually in the OP (almost at the very end), but I get that it is a long OP.

So far there's been no mention of limiting quantities of MP sold. That said, it does come with warnings that purchasing it doesn't guarantee availability of FP's. They expect you to check the app and see what's available before you purchase.

That said, who the heck knows what might change when SWL opens.
Thank you for the info!

That’s a shame. For a family of 5 going on a five day trip that would be an extra $125. We may end up looking to use MP on, say, three of our days.
Can someone explain the math? I love the MP idea, but we're a party of six. In order to get six FPs, we would need MP for all six tickets? So $15x6 = $90...per day? So, a 5-day trip would add $450? Or can we "only" spend $40 per day for DH and I to have MP and book for us and the kids? Every time I read a post where I think I understand, I read one that flips my understanding. TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter