Maxpass with DAS at Disneyland?

Susie63

Dreamin' of Disney
I am wondering how these work together? What are the advantages other than saving my poor husband a few miles everyday lol

I am wondering how these work together? What are the advantages other than saving my poor husband a few miles everyday lol

We just got back a few days ago and used both the das and max pass at Disneyland. They work well together and to be honest, we only had to use the das a few times because the maxpass allowed us to do almost everything we wanted to do.

We are coming from Canada so we will have no data plan. We would have to rely on the DL WIFI

We are coming from Canada so we will have no data plan. We would have to rely on the DL WIFI

We're also Canadian (Victoria, BC) and we have unlocked iPhones and use them along with a Roam Mobility SIM card. Works like a dream.

We're also Canadian (Victoria, BC) and we have unlocked iPhones and use them along with a Roam Mobility SIM card. Works like a dream.
What mobility plan did you buy? We will be in the US for 17 days

What mobility plan did you buy? We will be in the US for 17 days

We were only there for 5 days so we just got the daily Talk+Text+Data for $4.95/day but it seems as though it would be more cost effective for you to get the monthly plan. ($84.15/17 days vs $64.95/month). We bought the SIM cards at London Drugs, I think they were $15/2 and we have used them for 2 years now.

Depending on your cell phone provider, it might be more cost effective to use their roam plan. Telus has a $7/day plan that gives you access to your Canadian plan. We used this option for our August trip for my phone since it was a new phone that is not unlocked. Unlocking costs $50/phone right now so it was not worth it to us to unlock mine. We used the Roam SIM for my husband and the Telus roaming for me.

We were only there for 5 days so we just got the daily Talk+Text+Data for $4.95/day but it seems as though it would be more cost effective for you to get the monthly plan. ($84.15/17 days vs $64.95/month). We bought the SIM cards at London Drugs, I think they were $15/2 and we have used them for 2 years now.

Depending on your cell phone provider, it might be more cost effective to use their roam plan. Telus has a $7/day plan that gives you access to your Canadian plan. We used this option for our August trip for my phone since it was a new phone that is not unlocked. Unlocking costs $50/phone right now so it was not worth it to us to unlock mine. We used the Roam SIM for my husband and the Telus roaming for me.
Thanks. I think DH's company will cover his. He is always on call. My daughters iphone is unlocked so we will try the roam mobility.

The one thing I will say about the MaxPass is the DL WIFI is still non-existent a lot and during busier times in the park, the cell networks get completely jammed so it is very difficult to use the MaxPass since you can't open and connect to the app. It is super frustrating.

What is maxpas and das?

MaxPass is offered at Disneyland in California. I believe it's a way to get FP through your mobile phone instead of through the kiosks. I believe there is a charge to do this, maybe $10 per day.

DAS is offered at both DLR (in CA) and WDW (in FL) and is the Disability Access Service program. This is free for those individuals who have a qualifying need. The basic premise is the same at both locations, there are some differences in how it works due to differences in the parks. Here are a couple of links to information.
in California: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-1-update-12-7-14-das-tied-to-ticket.3179460/
in Florida: https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...15-digital-das-on-tickets-magicbands.3178976/

Enjoy your vacation!

MaxPass is offered at Disneyland in California. I believe it's a way to get FP through your mobile phone instead of through the kiosks. I believe there is a charge to do this, maybe $10 per day.

DAS is offered at both DLR (in CA) and WDW (in FL) and is the Disability Access Service program. This is free for those individuals who have a qualifying need. The basic premise is the same at both locations, there are some differences in how it works due to differences in the parks. Here are a couple of links to information.
in California: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-1-update-12-7-14-das-tied-to-ticket.3179460/
in Florida: https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...15-digital-das-on-tickets-magicbands.3178976/

Enjoy your vacation![/QUOTE

Thank you!

You are correct, it is $10/day/ticket and it gives you the ability to grab fast passes through the Disneyland app. It also shortens the time between fastpasses from 120 minutes down to 90 minutes. You can also grab a fastpass for either park, regardless of where in the parks you are. In addition, you get Photopass for that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter