May 2018 AP Rates

EvilOne

Earning My Ears
Hello,
Since the discounts and AP posts have somehow merged I am making a clear cut post just for AP Rates, not discounts.
So, I called this morning and no they have not extended out past April 18th.

Great I have been waiting for someone to make this post. Waiting for AP discounts for early June 3rd-11th. Following along and hoping for some good rates! I have POP booked the 3rd-9th I'm hoping for a better price than what I currently have. Also looking to book our last two nights at one of the deluxes. Fingers crossed for some great prices!

Last edited:
Great I have been waiting for someone to make this post. Waiting for AP discounts for early June 3rd-11th. Following along and hoping for some good rates! I have POP booked the 3rd-9th I'm hoping for a better price than what I currently have. Also looking to book our last two nights at one of the deluxes. Fingers crossed for some great prices!
What I’m a little Leary about is the fact they are usually released right after Christmas, I’m hoping there is not gonna be some new change to the AP rates

The gp discounts were released later than last year too- 1/3 vs 12/28 last year. And the percentage discounts were considerably lower too, and availability seemed even more scarce than usual. Things are changing from the usual pattern...

Question, we are planning to bridge tickets February 9th. If the discounts are indeed released this Thursday. In your opinion(s), Will I be OK to wait to book the discount until February when I have the pass in hand? or will all the available space be gone?

Question, we are planning to bridge tickets February 9th. If the discounts are indeed released this Thursday. In your opinion(s), Will I be OK to wait to book the discount until February when I have the pass in hand? or will all the available space be gone?

Really depends. Some resorts/room types may have more availability than others, but hard to really tell for sure. You can call and book via an AP discount (if one is available) without being a pass holder... you’re just supposed to be one when your check-in.

Really depends. Some resorts/room types may have more availability than others, but hard to really tell for sure. You can call and book via an AP discount (if one is available) without being a pass holder... you’re just supposed to be one when your check-in.
I didn't know that. I thought you had to have one or a voucher already before you could book at the AP rates. That is good news, thank you.

I didn't know that. I thought you had to have one or a voucher already before you could book at the AP rates. That is good news, thank you.

My wife and I pretty much alternate annual passes (she takes girls trips w/daughter and grandtinker and I take boys trips with the twins that include golf plus we always just go by ourselves for F&W) so there are times when we don't have a current one. We have always been able to make the ressie's then obtain the AP afterwards but before we take our trip.

Thing is though, if you do reserve and later decide that you just don't want to buy the AP, then you could be forced to go with rack rate as other discounts might have already been filled up.

My wife and I pretty much alternate annual passes (she takes girls trips w/daughter and grandtinker and I take boys trips with the twins that include golf plus we always just go by ourselves for F&W) so there are times when we don't have a current one. We have always been able to make the ressie's then obtain the AP afterwards but before we take our trip.

Thing is though, if you do reserve and later decide that you just don't want to buy the AP, then you could be forced to go with rack rate as other discounts might have already been filled up.

That is awesome. Thanks I am hoping for a big discount.

Keeping an eye on this as well for our trip in late May.

I had some issues pulling up the current AP deal (that runs thru April) yesterday for a quick one-night trip in March and thought maybe that was a "sign" that they were loading the next offer but so far this morning I haven't seen anything on the site. Keeping my eyes and ears open...

Keeping an eye on this as well for our trip in late May.

I had some issues pulling up the current AP deal (that runs thru April) yesterday for a quick one-night trip in March and thought maybe that was a "sign" that they were loading the next offer but so far this morning I haven't seen anything on the site. Keeping my eyes and ears open...

Are they Mickey Ears? If not, put some on. Can't hurt!

I haven’t been able to view AP rates at all, the system kept kicking me to the page where I would purchase one. I just checked and it’s now allowing me to look at the rates for the current deal. I hope this means they’re working on the new rates as well. Fingers crossed!

I haven’t been able to view AP rates at all, the system kept kicking me to the page where I would purchase one. I just checked and it’s now allowing me to look at the rates for the current deal. I hope this means they’re working on the new rates as well. Fingers crossed!

Two things.
1. one you must be signed in- for some reason even though I always think I am (because it says my name when I look at the MDE tag at top) but then when I look up new time, it says I need to sign in if I want to see passholder or DVC rates. It will tell you right where I highlighted in the picture.
2. It might be that rates at a particular hotel are not available- sold out, weren't part of original discount etc.

If you want to check right now, type in a stay for the dates shown below and then look for what it says where I used yellow hi lighter. You can just look at OKW for those dates and you should see discounts.

upload_2018-1-11_12-3-56.png

When I hit the AP rate, the only thing they have is two bedroom but it is cheaper than a 1 bedroom without the rate and is what we paid last year for a 2 bedroom in May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter