May 2018 AP Rates

I think one issue which needs mentioning is the automatic assumption that the discount structures observed in previous years will persist. The obvious trend is that WDW is getting busier, with fewer slow seasons and subsequent lower occupancy rates. As a result, we're hearing that Disney is moving away from free dining, and I expect that other discount programs will also be scaled back at some point, in one way or another.

I think one issue which needs mentioning is the automatic assumption that the discount structures observed in previous years will persist. The obvious trend is that WDW is getting busier, with fewer slow seasons and subsequent lower occupancy rates. As a result, we're hearing that Disney is moving away from free dining, and I expect that other discount programs will also be scaled back at some point, in one way or another.

I would agree with that. Release discounts and rates with less notice (say 60 days instead if 90 days for example) to try and lock people in at rack rates earlier. Plus, with TSL and Star Wars coming soon, hotel vacancies will probably be less than before.

I've got the fun & sun discount booked already but I'm hoping for a better discount. I've been checking 3 times a day for the last month (feeling a little crazy town over here). :scared:

I've got the fun & sun discount booked already but I'm hoping for a better discount. I've been checking 3 times a day for the last month (feeling a little crazy town over here). :scared:
Crazytown may be convincing yourself that booking a quick little trip to get a bounceback will actually save you money in the long run... I have taken the one way monorail to crazytown.

Hahaha, At least you'll have a good trip into crazy town then.
Here's hoping we see some discounts tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

We were there first week of December and tried to book a bounce back. Unfortunately, nothing available at Poly and the only thing available at contemporary was 1br. We are going April 21 and have rack rate booked now, but REALLY hoping for an AP discount. This checking multiple times every day thing is wearing me out and I want to get our flights locked in soon.

We were there first week of December and tried to book a bounce back. Unfortunately, nothing available at Poly and the only thing available at contemporary was 1br. We are going April 21 and have rack rate booked now, but REALLY hoping for an AP discount. This checking multiple times every day thing is wearing me out and I want to get our flights locked in soon.

I hear you! My family is starting to give me some serious side eye because all I do is talk about our upcoming trip. I don't think they understand how much effort goes into planning. Can I help it that all I have is Disney on the brain?

That is not encouraging! What are your dates? We were hoping for CR or WL... Yikes.

I am positive they are going to start slimlining the AP discounts. They are filling at full price, then will throw in a discount for a short period of time, and then what inventory is left will be thrown to the sharks(AP holders) to fight over. Supply and demand...why discount when you can get full price. Long are the days where AP holders meant something....that’s gone. I am so happy I e spent so much time doing concierge in all the deluxe resorts. Can’t afford to now! 150 for concerige...can’t even get that for a Value now. ...sad

We are going April 21 and have rack rate booked now, but REALLY hoping for an AP discount. This checking multiple times every day thing is wearing me out and I want to get our flights locked in soon.
I hear you. I have a 10 night solo trip planned for April 21 and currently have a River View Royal Room booked for Riverside at the Fun and Sun rate. I’m happy with the room category and the cost is right at my budget, so it will work out for me if nothing else is released. But I’m hoping that an AP discount will be significant enough to book a split stay with a Deluxe instead. I did this last May and was able to swing 3 nights Moderate and then 7 at BWI. The current deal doesn’t allow for enough of a savings to do Mod/Deluxe and even Value/Deluxe isn’t great unless I did half and half (and I’d rather do all Mod and not sacrifice half my vacation at an All Star). I’m anxious to finalize the room details so that I can start my park and meal planning.

april 21st represent.. im hoping they release AP discounts soon too.. ive got the fun and sun rate at riverside right now, but would love to save a bit more if possible..

What is the current BB?

There is a thread about the current bounceback. It is a room discount & will be until August. I have posted a photo of the dates offered on that thread. I'm getting the file too large message when I try to upload the picture on this thread right now but you can see it there.

We need a couple of nights starting on April 18th. The only thing available with the bounce back at any Deluxe was 1 bedroom suites and above. I managed to get the BWI on the current promo which I feel lucky to get. I am hoping for an AP rate but I am feeling like April is going to be crowded.

There is a post about Bounce Backs .....this is for Annual Passholders

AND....No Annual Passholder Rates today!

Now I remember why I stopped posting on this site, thanks for your help. Good bye.....going back to my TP chat

Hard to believe they haven't posted AP discounts yet. Already booked for May but, would love to save some more than the fun and sun discount.
I know...I’m almost thinking of changing my trip now till October
I usually do both but trying to finish up my masters degree and plannin with graduation...if not out by
Tomorrow I will probably change. This is why I need AP Rates out. Before I start thinking again! Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter