May 2018 car rental watch

My Costco rental went dropped another $17. I have an intermediate SUV from May 15-23rd went from $219 to $202. I don't see it dropping too much more but I'm excited!

On 2/24 i booked a midsize Alamo from Cape Canaveral, return to MCO for a weekly rental starting 5/6. Couldn’t use most good coupons as no saturday night keep, despite being assessed a weekly rental.

Again used an AMEX corp ID (if you have a card, google the code but be prepared to use it to pay, they did insist upon it at gate last rental) & AD3868JST $25

Rates & Charges
1 Week(s) @217.04 $ 217.04
UNLIMITED MILEAGE INCLUDED
Tire Battery Fee .02 Day $ 0.10
Florida Surcharge 2.00/day $ 10.00
Vehicle License Fee .66/day $ 3.30
Sales Tax (7.0%) $ 12.10
Total Savings - $ 57.56
spacer_light_grey_email.gif

Estimated Total: $ 184.

At the time i thought rate was high. HA! It went dramatically up, but now has started to creep back down, seeing it now price at $200.XX from Cape Canaveral. Slightly cheaper MCO

My rental has edged down another $6 :thumbsup2. My 8-day intermediate SUV with Alamo through Costco Travel is now $223.

I'm rather enjoying this trend! Our rate nudged down another smidgen again today. We are now sitting at $205.51 for an intermediate SUV, 8 day rental booked through Costco for May 4th thru 12th.

It would be simply marvelous to get that price under the $200 mark ::yes::.

Our rate dropped significantly in the last week. Dropped $25 overnight to $133.00

Pick up in Fort Meyers on May 7 and drop off MCO on May 16

I’m holding an intermediate at Alamo for $297 and a mid-size suv for $328 for 5-15th. Still seems high but maybe it’ll come down some. Not sure we’ll fit in the intermediate with all our luggage and stroller.

I'm down to $285 for the SUV and cancelled the other reservation. I'd love it if it would drop to about $250 but it hasn't moved much in a few days. I think it is less then we paid in January for the same length of time though.

I keep checking my dates 5/2 to 5/9 plus 2 hours. I prefer Alamo. It dropped last week to $245.58 for a mid size SUV using $25 coupon & Wyndham code. It hasn't dropped since. I could get an intermediate for something like $242 now but I'll keep SUV for $3 more. I'll keep checking. I would feel better about with a rate closer to $200.

I just rebooked my Hertz reservation. I originally paid 294 for a mid size SUV and today it was down to 191 using AAA CDP code.

I'm down to $285 for the SUV and cancelled the other reservation. I'd love it if it would drop to about $250 but it hasn't moved much in a few days. I think it is less then we paid in January for the same length of time though.
Down to $270 today.

I checked my Dollar rental (prepaid) and the $217.36 (5/5 - 5/14) is including taxes and fees. I check everyday and haven't found anything cheaper. I'm still hoping it will drop further.

Still checking my rates daily. My rate didn't drop today but now a standard SUV is less than a mid size SUV. My reservation is cheaper than today's rates but the standard SUV is only $19 more than the mid size reservation I have. I'm thinking it might be worth extra $20 for bigger car....

I just checked Dollar and was able to lower my rate to $197.33 (5/5 - 5/14). It is a Manager's Special prepaid rate. I cancelled the $217.36 prepaid reservation for a full refund. This is the first time I've seen a rate under $200 and I booked it right away. I'm still hoping that the rate will drop further but if not I'm happy with the 197.

I just checked Dollar and was able to lower my rate to $197.33 (5/5 - 5/14). It is a Manager's Special prepaid rate. I cancelled the $217.36 prepaid reservation for a full refund. This is the first time I've seen a rate under $200 and I booked it right away. I'm still hoping that the rate will drop further but if not I'm happy with the 197.
Where are you picking up and dropping off?

I cannot believe it. Dropped to $116 all in. Mid size Alamo. Am Ex code (yes I have Am Ex) and $30 off coupon. May 7-May 16. Pick up Fort Meyers and return MCO

Hopefully this happens for all of you!

I also went through Mr Rebates and have 4% on top of that

I cannot believe it. Dropped to $116 all in. Mid size Alamo. Am Ex code (yes I have Am Ex) and $30 off coupon. May 7-May 16. Pick up Fort Meyers and return MCO

Hopefully this happens for all of you!

I also went through Mr Rebates and have 4% on top of that

Where did you get the Amex code and the coupon. We have amex too!

Thanks for mentioning Dollar. I was able to get a Jeep Compass for $119 all included for 5-20thru 5-24. This was about $30cheaper than. Compact. And it was over $100cheaper than Hertz, National, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!