***May 2018 Check-In Thread***

As part of our continuing efforts to create magical experiences for our Guests, World of Color is closed for refurbishment through late June 2018. In the meantime, please enjoy one of our other dining package offerings!

From the website

As part of our continuing efforts to create magical experiences for our Guests, World of Color is closed for refurbishment through late June 2018. In the meantime, please enjoy one of our other dining package offerings!

From the website

...welp, I really timed our backstage magic poorly. :laughing:

From the website

I'm glad that Disney finally committed to an official announcement, if not an official date. Let's hope the other sites update their information asap.

I am now very confused!!!

Can somone be kind enough to give US (me) an updated list of the attractions that will be closed in MAY.. pleae.. i just heard that pirates and matterorn will be closed..

I am now very confused!!!

Can somone be kind enough to give US (me) an updated list of the attractions that will be closed in MAY.. pleae.. i just heard that pirates and matterorn will be closed..

I saw this on another post as well and am wondering too! We are there the last week of May and I was really hoping to be able to do POTC :guilty:

I just looked on the Disneyland app and it's only showing Pirates down during May. It doesn't mention the construction in DCA but I'm guessing cause those rides/shows are closed for good/ to be re-themed. Matterhorn is showing down this week for a few days.

I will be there from may 19 to may 26 and i need info on what rides are gong to be closed

If you go to Disneyland’s direct site you can click on the calendar for that day. If you look at the daily activities the closures are listed. Pirates is closed last I checked. Here is a link to the daily schedule.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendars/day/2018-05-26/

ETA: It’s listed under closed for refurbishment. You can also check DCA this way. Each day and Park is listed separately. Hope that helps.

For those visiting in the first week of May, I just noticed that the fireworks are scheduled an hour earlier than usual at 8:30 on Thursday May 3rd - possibly to accommodate Star Wars Nite.

As parents of a 4-year-old, this is great news for us - it’ll be much easier keeping her awake and happy until then.

RI1Pi4U.jpg

For those visiting in the first week of May, I just noticed that the fireworks are scheduled an hour earlier than usual at 8:30 on Thursday May 3rd - possibly to accommodate Star Wars Nite.

The fireworks are also scheduled early at 8:30 the next Wed. May 9th too. I don't see something to accommodate that night but with toddlers I am really glad for an earlier show too.

Any comments on how crowded the sidewalks is for PtN parade? some of the people that are there atm?

Good ports or is the reception package a MUST?

Thanks in advance

Any comments on how crowded the sidewalks is for PtN parade? some of the people that are there atm?

Good ports or is the reception package a MUST?

Thanks in advance

I was wondering the same. We never had had problems finding seats for parades at DCA, but PtN is new for them, so who knows what it will be like!

Hi :) Going to Disneyland for the first time with my hubby and two kids (9 months and 3 years old) and we are super excited! We will be in LA and have 3 days park hopper tickets and trying to figure out which days to go to Disney.

Option 1 - grad nite:
Sun May 6, Thurs May 10 and Fri May 11 - planning to stay at a walkable hotel on all 3 days so we can walk back to the hotel for a break if needed. Issue is, I just read that friday is grad nite so it'll be super packed.

Option 2 - avoid grad nite:
Sun May 6, Monday May 7 and Thurs. May 10 - with option 2, we can avoid grad nite but the issue is, we already booked a hotel in commerce (20 miles away) from disneyland and we will only be staying at a walkable disney hotel on Sunday and Thursday. This means that we won't be able go back to the hotel and take breaks on Monday which might be hard for our two little ones.

Which option would you choose and why?

Thanks! :D

Hi :) Going to Disneyland for the first time with my hubby and two kids (9 months and 3 years old) and we are super excited! We will be in LA and have 3 days park hopper tickets and trying to figure out which days to go to Disney.

Option 1 - grad nite:
Sun May 6, Thurs May 10 and Fri May 11 - planning to stay at a walkable hotel on all 3 days so we can walk back to the hotel for a break if needed. Issue is, I just read that friday is grad nite so it'll be super packed.

Sun May 6, Monday May 7 and Thurs. May 10 - with option 2, we can avoid grad nite but the issue is, we already booked a hotel in commerce (20 miles away) from disneyland and we will only be staying at a walkable disney hotel on Sunday and Thursday. This means that we won't be able go back to the hotel and take breaks on Monday which might be hard for our two little ones.

I don't know how much my opinion counts as I've never been on a grad nite, but I'm thinking for resting there are plenty of areas around the park where you can rest. It would just be one day that you wouldn't have a walkable hotel. I have 3 grad nites during my trip...nervous about it as I've heard mixed comments on it. But I'm going in with a mind set of start early and utilize maxpass. Good luck on your decision!

Option 1 - grad nite:

I would choose option 1 -- your kids are really little, so having a walkable hotel is important. Since this is their first DLR trip, you don't know how they will do. They might really need the breaks during the day, so being close to the hotel will help a lot. Also, Sundays and Mondays are now supposed to be crowded days. Your 2nd option would give you 2 crowded days back to back (and no close hotel for retreat -- 20 miles away is a big deal if there's traffic or if you really need to get back to the hotel fast.) Grad nights aren't that bad, and this year there has been a change in structure (3 different options for schools to choose). So no one knows yet how the change will affect the crowds. With good research and planning, you should be fine.

I just had to pop in to squeal in excitement. 2 weeks from today, I'll be on my trip. It may sound weird, but I love going alone so I can soak in the atmosphere at my own pace and I very rarely get the opportunity. I'm in the process of trying to decide my disneybounding outfits. I'm trying to come up with a good Pixar one--I can't decide whether to shoot for Monster's Inc. themed or Coco. I've already got myself covered for the Star Wars Nite. Anyone else 'bound in the parks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter