***May 2018 Check-In Thread***

Pixar Shorts Film Festival in Hollywoodland - https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disney-california-adventure/pixar-shorts/

Kinda bummed that it is only for the first few days in May and then pauses until July. We like going in and watching the previews as a break, was really looking forward to the shorts. Wonder if they will be putting in previews for May and June.

I'm guessing the time in between is when they're going to be running The Incredibles 2 preview: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...redibles-2-sneak-peek-coming-to-disney-parks/

Anyone kind enough to give us updates on how difficult or crowded the sidewalk is for the PtN parade?

Anyone kind enough to give us updates on how difficult or crowded the sidewalk is for the PtN parade?

Not difficult at all, so far. For the first parade, it is easy to find good spots 60-90 minutes before showtime. If you don't have to be in the front row, you can find spots with even less time. Remember, DCA has the longest parade route of any Disney park except Shanghai -- that's a LOT of viewing spots! For the second parade (if there is one on your night), there are good spots available even 30 minutes before the parade starts. Seeing PTN in DCA is sooooo much less stressful than seeing it in DL. :)

Nice! We are at 29 days now...it has been going by fast! Still interested to hear how grad nites will be this year with the change as well have 3 days that have grad nites.
We also have 3 but will spend one of those days off property. I'll post about crowds when we get back.

Ugh... my vac starts May 1st and the forecast says thunderstorms. So bummed! I’ll only be there 3 days, I hope it does rain the whole time. When rain is expected does it rain all day? Or just quick showers? Innoregon it rains all day long, forever and ever.

Ugh... my vac starts May 1st and the forecast says thunderstorms. So bummed! I’ll only be there 3 days, I hope it does rain the whole time. When rain is expected does it rain all day? Or just quick showers? Innoregon it rains all day long, forever and ever.

But if it rains, it will be almost empty! Some of my favorite Disneyland trips are when it rains. So although you don't want rain on your whole trip, maybe look at it as a little side blessing if it does. ;) Hope you. have an awesome time either way.

It always says it is going to rain. Usually it is just the afternoon sprinkle. Most times it would rain while we where in an attraction and we come out to see that it had rained.

I booked a solo trip today!! For ONE day!!
I will be in the parks May 23 10am to May 23 6:45pm.

I know it's a Grad Night but that's the only time I could make work.

Hoping I can make the most of 8.75 full hours

Last edited:
I just bought some light up wands at Walgreens for the kiddos. I got a disney princess one for my daughter for $3.99 and a marvel one for my son that was $4.99. Kids will be excited! How much are the ones in the parks anyways? Does anyone know?

I just bought some light up wands at Walgreens for the kiddos. I got a disney princess one for my daughter for $3.99 and a marvel one for my son that was $4.99. Kids will be excited! How much are the ones in the parks anyways? Does anyone know?
I got some glow in the dark bracelets and necklaces from Walmart, and a happy face wand from Walgreens. 5 bracelets for $1.50, the wand was $2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!