***May 2018 Check-In Thread***

I'll put the convention on the op! I do not know where to look for conventions happening at the GCH (if they even have that info anywhere online), I just put the info on the Anaheim convention center site. What is the convention for?

It is a CME Practical Pediatrics course put on by the American Academy of Pediatrics. It runs from 5/25- 5/27 and is being held at the Grand Cal. Hope that helps!

Will be spending a few days (May 22-24) at the Grand Cali with my wife. She has just finished chemo therapy and has been declare cancer free so we are taking several shorter trips this year as "celebrations of life". We had a few DVC points left for this year and was lucky enough to find an available 1BR Suite for these days. Being Disney Fanatics, we knew we wanted at least one short trip to the parks. This will be the first trip to any Disney parks without our kids and extended family (we have always traveled in a herd). Even though a couple of the nights have Grad Night events, I'm thinking that the two of us will have no issues. We typically travel with the "herd" during the classic "Premier Season" anyway and have always had a great time.

Will be spending a few days (May 22-24) at the Grand Cali with my wife. She has just finished chemo therapy and has been declare cancer free so we are taking several shorter trips this year as "celebrations of life". We had a few DVC points left for this year and was lucky enough to find an available 1BR Suite for these days. Being Disney Fanatics, we knew we wanted at least one short trip to the parks. This will be the first trip to any Disney parks without our kids and extended family (we have always traveled in a herd). Even though a couple of the nights have Grad Night events, I'm thinking that the two of us will have no issues. We typically travel with the "herd" during the classic "Premier Season" anyway and have always had a great time.
Congratulations on your DW kicking cancer's butt! I think since it is just the 2 of you it will be a lot easier to navigate the Grad Nite crowds. We also usually travel with a herd ;) and the couple of times that it has been just DH, DD and I it has been a breeze. Really hoping the tiered tickets for Grad Nites will have a positive effect on crowds at DL.

Hi Guys,
So we are close to booking our flights for our proposed May trip, looking like May 19 to either 24 or 25, am I correct in assuming there will only be fireworks on the 20th for us? the 19th we wouldn't arrive till late so wouldn't be a park day.

Thanks guys!

The new Small World queue location should be done by April 13 for the start of the Pixar parade according to the newest Disney blog :)
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...get-dolled-up-at-disneyland-park-this-spring/

Hi Guys,
So we are close to booking our flights for our proposed May trip, looking like May 19 to either 24 or 25, am I correct in assuming there will only be fireworks on the 20th for us? the 19th we wouldn't arrive till late so wouldn't be a park day.

Thanks guys!
Yeah, fireworks only on the weekends. We usually travel during the week to avoid crowds but then we miss the fireworks, DD will be very happy this trip has 2 weekends since she loves fireworks. We did see the 60th anniversary ones twice, and the Hallowscreams once - HS got cancelled twice on us before we were able to see them!

OK, so I checked on the Desert Inn & Suites site again (I am relentless!) and prices went down again! The rate is now under $100 a night - it is a May promo. We have 2 rooms, one arriving on a Saturday which went down to $92 (average) a night, and then one arriving on Sunday which went down to $89 (average) a night. So this new promo saved us $292.50!

May 26 to June 3rd. Graduation trip for my daughter. We are Disneyworld pros but first time in Disneyland for us! We are staying at Best Western Suites And Inn. Any Tips would be greatly appreciated!

May 26 to June 3rd. Graduation trip for my daughter. We are Disneyworld pros but first time in Disneyland for us! We are staying at Best Western Suites And Inn. Any Tips would be greatly appreciated!
Which BW? Is it the one on S Harbor? That one is the closest hotel/motel to Disney. Did you buy your tickets yet? If not, check out LMTclub for the best prices. They have 5 day hoppers for $300 (Disney has them for $350). DLR does not do tickets longer than 5 days.
  • You will love how close the parks are to each other, so easy to hop :lovestruc
  • World of Color is awesome, I highly recommend the dessert party (I posted a photo from our table a few posts back).
  • In the morning you can get so much done! We never make rope drop at WDW but always make it at DLR - not having to deal with transportation is a huge part of that.
  • The castle is smaller than Cinderella's at WDW (like super small) but you can go inside and do the walkthrough :)
  • Carsland is so well done. I am not a Cars fan but this land is crazy pretty. And go at sunset for the Sh-Boom song and the lights coming on. I check my phone for sunset time, get to CL a few minutes before, and stand in the middle of the road.

Which BW? Is it the one on S Harbor? That one is the closest hotel/motel to Disney. Did you buy your tickets yet? If not, check out LMTclub for the best prices. They have 5 day hoppers for $300 (Disney has them for $350). DLR does not do tickets longer than 5 days.
  • You will love how close the parks are to each other, so easy to hop :lovestruc
  • World of Color is awesome, I highly recommend the dessert party (I posted a photo from our table a few posts back).
  • In the morning you can get so much done! We never make rope drop at WDW but always make it at DLR - not having to deal with transportation is a huge part of that.
  • The castle is smaller than Cinderella's at WDW (like super small) but you can go inside and do the walkthrough :)
  • Carsland is so well done. I am not a Cars fan but this land is crazy pretty. And go at sunset for the Sh-Boom song and the lights coming on. I check my phone for sunset time, get to CL a few minutes before, and stand in the middle of the road.
[/QUOTE
Yes We are staying on S Harbor. I wanted to get as close as possible. I didn't get my tickets yet so I will check out LMT club! Thank You for the tips!

Hello everyone.

We are going to DL the first week of May for about 4 days. We haven’t narrowed down exactly which dates.

By May will the night time shows run pretty much every night? Or is it better to go over a weekend for the best chance of seeing whatever parades/shows they have going?

Hello everyone.

We are going to DL the first week of May for about 4 days. We haven’t narrowed down exactly which dates.

By May will the night time shows run pretty much every night? Or is it better to go over a weekend for the best chance of seeing whatever parades/shows they have going?
Hi! May is still "off season" if there is such a thing anymore :sad2: and the fireworks are just on the weekends. The parades do happen every day. I don't remember if there is just one parade or two a night. WOC is on every night, not sure about F! since it was not showing last May. Even without fireworks or shows I would still rather go during the week than on the weekends to avoid higher crowds and Grad Nites.

And we are booked! May 20th-May 24th. Stayed at Best Western Raffles. So excited!!!!! Happy Birthday to me!!!!!

OK, so I checked on the Desert Inn & Suites site again (I am relentless!) and prices went down again! The rate is now under $100 a night - it is a May promo. We have 2 rooms, one arriving on a Saturday which went down to $92 (average) a night, and then one arriving on Sunday which went down to $89 (average) a night. So this new promo saved us $292.50!
Where did you find this May promo?

Hi folks. I'm new to posting...but, I've been a lurker on these boards since forever. I feel like I know a lot of you regulars! My mom (74) and I (44) arrive in the afternoon on April 29th and will probably do a nice dinner in DD (or Goofy's kitchen...because characters!) and rest up for the adventure after traveling. We will have 4 full days at the parks April 30th-May 3rd! I'm quite excited as the best Disneyland trips are always when it's just the 2 of us...we both feel the Disney magic way more intensely (ok obsessively) then the rest of the family. They love the joy it brings us so are totally ok with our independent trips. My husband and I have been together 26 years and got married near Disneyland last year (my mom was our witness, and my sister was the officiant--we just kinda eloped)...he said, "go, Cupcake, go...I could use a year off"--so I'm going. My mom and I are both parade and show junkies. I really hope that both Paint the Night and the Pixar Parade as well as WOC (dessert party ftw) and Fantasmic! will also be going on. Whenever it's just my mom and I it seems like Pixie dust gets sprinkled upon us wherever we go. We will be staying at the Candy Cane Inn (that's our spot and feels like home to us). I'm counting down the days like an obsessive freak...

Ps: How do I add a profile picture as my avatar? For the life of me I can't figure it out...(I want a Mater pic)

I just entered my dates and the new promo showed up. I went to check for a day early (the 4th) since my IL's are coming along but arriving a day early and the promo did not show up on their dates. They only have that extra day but the promo did not apply to any days - even the days we got the lower price. I told them they could do 2 separate reservations since their rate for most of their stay would drop to $89 a night.
I did not check other days, maybe the week I picked is a slow one (pretty please :worship:)

Hi folks. I'm new to posting...but, I've been a lurker on these boards since forever. I feel like I know a lot of you regulars! My mom (74) and I (44) arrive in the afternoon on April 29th and will probably do a nice dinner in DD (or Goofy's kitchen...because characters!) and rest up for the adventure after traveling. We will have 4 full days at the parks April 30th-May 3rd! I'm quite excited as the best Disneyland trips are always when it's just the 2 of us...we both feel the Disney magic way more intensely (ok obsessively) then the rest of the family. They love the joy it brings us so are totally ok with our independent trips. My husband and I have been together 26 years and got married near Disneyland last year (my mom was our witness, and my sister was the officiant--we just kinda eloped)...he said, "go, Cupcake, go...I could use a year off"--so I'm going. My mom and I are both parade and show junkies. I really hope that both Paint the Night and the Pixar Parade as well as WOC (dessert party ftw) and Fantasmic! will also be going on. Whenever it's just my mom and I it seems like Pixie dust gets sprinkled upon us wherever we go. We will be staying at the Candy Cane Inn (that's our spot and feels like home to us). I'm counting down the days like an obsessive freak...

Ps: How do I add a profile picture as my avatar? For the life of me I can't figure it out...(I want a Mater pic)
Hi! I think we will be lucky enough to get all the entertainment since Pixar Fest starts in April. I do wonder what fireworks they will show on the weekends.

To change your avatar follow the directions here -
https://disboards.com/threads/faqs-incl-avatars-sigs-finding-posts-cant-post-etc.1760755/

I checked your dates and the May promo is not showing up. But if you do 2 reservations (one for one night and the other for the rest of your stay) you can get the Sunday Funday promo. A deluxe room is 119 for the first night and then 99.00 per night for the rest.

I checked your dates and the May promo is not showing up. But if you do 2 reservations (one for one night and the other for the rest of your stay) you can get the Sunday Funday promo. A deluxe room is 119 for the first night and then 99.00 per night for the rest.

Wow thank you! I am totally going to re-book! I'm actually booking the big suite, but still saves me $100 right!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!