May 2018 Discounts

ive called 3 times...the music stops playing and I keep getting disconnected. grrrr. tried to mofiy online and it shows a discount then goes away. I guess I will keep attempting with the phone :(

Keep trying online. It took the system four times to accept my modification. Good luck!

I managed to get through as soon as the lines opened. They didn't have anything available for our dates for CBR other than pirate rooms which after the discount is still more than our standard room. (I had to give her the name of the offer because she wasn't sure which one it was). I did have her check for Disney Visa offers. She said one's out, but it didn't include our dates (either something about it running until February or it was only dates to February. Every time I call it's super quiet and with kids and cats it's always hard to hear them). I figure I'll keep checking back.

Just got through. No luck for my beloved WL unless I upgraded which was only like 100 more but we were trying to make the trip as cheap as possible. Good luck everyone!

Nothing for my reservation-at least online. Anyone have better luck when calling in? I'm in a standard room on CBR.

Nothing for my reservation-at least online. Anyone have better luck when calling in? I'm in a standard room on CBR.
I didn't have any. I figure I'll have better luck in a few days after reservations start being dropped for the people who booked, but didn't put down the deposit.

*Edit to add- We're stardard room at CBR as well for May 3-May 12.

Yep, got 10% off at AOA.
Me too, thanks to my TA. I got an email from her this morning telling me our total price went down. This is my first time going as an adult and planning the trip. I’m so glad to have her helping me. We booked AoA knowing there may not be a discount so i’m very happy to have any dicount at all.

Nothing I can work with for this offer. Guess I'll take my May solo trip off my calendar.
Good thing I have my January trip coming up soon!

Was able to switch to BC for $100 (total) less than my AKL rack rate room. Still hoping for a better AP rate, but I'm happy with what we've got if one doesn't appear.

Been on the phone for over 45 minutes. No modify button offered for my reservation for some reason online.

Took about 45 minutes on the computer because the system kept crashing- but got all 3 of our rooms at ASMo changed- 3 packages because a big family vacation- saved $105/ package- not a huge savings but every little bit helps!!

Still trying. I keep getting Stitch.

20 minutes later I switched from my computer to my tablet and got right in. I saved 10% off an all star music room.

I'll try the passholder discount when that comes out but now I've got some sort of discount which makes me happy.

Last edited:
I was on hold for about 30 mins or so, and on the phone a total of 50 mins. I had to modify my trip dates since we are staying off site the second week, we went from 9 nights down to 5 nights and from 8 day p/h to 10 day p/h tickets and saved nearly $1000. I will take it. I will say at first she said there were no dates available for my modified dates, but I told her I didn't understand because I already had a reservation not asking for a new one and should be able to change the dates. So she put me on hold and came back and said it was all fixed and I could indeed modify.

if this is a silly question i apologize. we have ap's but we are traveling with ds and his gf who will need tickets. is there any advantage to buying tickets right now. i booked the fun and sun room only. the ticket prices are not afffected by the promo are they? sorry if i should know this. i was going to have them wait a couple of months to buy their tix before the fast pass window opens.

Just got through, was only able to save about $90 on my Poly reservation. The CM said call back when the AP rates come out they might be better.

Ugh... I had to change my dates today due to work. Had 5 nights in standard view room (2 rooms) at POFQ, tried to shift both by one day and lost the rate. Standard views not available and the online person told me only king rooms available (which doesn't work with DS and DD both in early 20's). So I cancelled all and re-booked myself on line, Garden view rooms were available despite the disney agent saying they weren't but not with the offer so I ended up paying a bit more... sigh :sad2:

I was on hold for about 30 mins or so, and on the phone a total of 50 mins. I had to modify my trip dates since we are staying off site the second week, we went from 9 nights down to 5 nights and from 8 day p/h to 10 day p/h tickets and saved nearly $1000. I will take it. I will say at first she said there were no dates available for my modified dates, but I told her I didn't understand because I already had a reservation not asking for a new one and should be able to change the dates. So she put me on hold and came back and said it was all fixed and I could indeed modify.

That is pretty normal. There has to be availability for your room type & dates under the promotion for it to be applied. And they are also being stricter with length of stays. You will sometimes see stays of 7 nights availabile, but not 5 for example. So just having a room booked does not guarantee you can get a discount applied. And they will not always just let you drop nights for the same reason- the new length of stay has to be available. This has been true with CRO for several years now.

However, Guest Services can sometimes make these changes happen. I would be willing to bet the CM got GS involved to make the changes happen for you. So just a warning to people that having a room booked already does not guarantee you the discount later. But I am glad they worked it out for you!

I had to search multiple times right when the discount was released this morning and finally a standard room at Yacht popped up for $376 night for end of May.

I went ahead and booked it then called to get dining plan added since I’m an AP. The CM was very helpful and was able to secure the same room rate and book a ticketless package for me.

Here’s hoping for some decent AP discounts soon!

That is pretty normal. There has to be availability for your room type & dates under the promotion for it to be applied. And they are also being stricter with length of stays. You will sometimes see stays of 7 nights availabile, but not 5 for example. So just having a room booked does not guarantee you can get a discount applied. And they will not always just let you drop nights for the same reason- the new length of stay has to be available. This has been true with CRO for several years now.

I think this might have been part of my issue with a 5 night stay. The Disney agent kept saying "just keep the same departure day, 6 nights" and I kept saying "I can't I have to be back for work that day". Oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter