May 2018 Discounts

I didn't have much hope that I would be able to find a discount for out stay. Availability for my last night has been non-existent for weeks. I went online this morning and gave it another try. I got one room changed over to the discount (not huge savings as I had to upgrade the room but enough to make it worthwhile). I then tried to get room #2 under the discount, got all the way to the last page 5X and it bumped me out. Finally try #6 (and 45 minutes later) I had success. So happy!

For those still looking, keep at it.

Spoke with the TA about my dates.. she had already checked and verified my PIN Code discount we booked was still better than the new discounts.

That is pretty normal. There has to be availability for your room type & dates under the promotion for it to be applied. And they are also being stricter with length of stays. You will sometimes see stays of 7 nights availabile, but not 5 for example. So just having a room booked does not guarantee you can get a discount applied. And they will not always just let you drop nights for the same reason- the new length of stay has to be available. This has been true with CRO for several years now.

However, Guest Services can sometimes make these changes happen. I would be willing to bet the CM got GS involved to make the changes happen for you. So just a warning to people that having a room booked already does not guarantee you the discount later. But I am glad they worked it out for you!

Gotcha, she did put me on hold again so perhaps that is what she did. I had a mock reservation pulled up on the computer so I knew it was possible to book if I needed to on there, and cancel my original one. So glad I did not have to and it worked out!

I didn' have much hope for good discounts on our dates from the beginning. We were going to go in Jan/Feb but air fare was soooo expensive that we had to move up the trip to April/May (which works well because this way we get cheaper air plane tickets and we get to be there for my b-day). Since we were going to have more time to pay the trip we upgraded from Pop to POR, and with the discount we were able to upgrade from a standard room to a Royal Room for the same price!

So Im happy that I get to be at the Royal Room for my bday with my sister!

We’re waiting to see what AP discounts look like to decide if we’re going in May from the 12th-17th. I looked at mousesavers historical discount release dates and the past 3 years the AP discount was released on the second Thursday in January. Fingers crossed the trend continues this year!

What is the difference between the fun in the sun room discount and the fun in the sun package discount? I feel like im missing something. When i go to my current reservation and look to modify, it gives me both of those as different options, but both the same price. Are they different somehow?

What is the difference between the fun in the sun room discount and the fun in the sun package discount? I feel like im missing something. When i go to my current reservation and look to modify, it gives me both of those as different options, but both the same price. Are they different somehow?
The discount is a room only offer while the package includes room and tickets.

The discount is a room only offer while the package includes room and tickets.

But there is no discount on the tickets, correct? This is my question. Because I was already booked and paid for with a package, and these two offers both brought my total to the same amount. So I'm assuming that there is no advantage to one over the other for someone like me. I didn't know if the package one offered some sort of extra park day, or other perk that I was missing, since the total was the same either way.

Anyone think Disney will add discount for the Beach Club Villas for May? I have a BCV booked when I called I was told discount didn't apply. Not sure whether
should change to Boardwalk Villa to get discount.

On another note, just a word of encouragement to keep checking. I was booked in a standard room at CBR for a trip in September that had to be moved bc of Irma. When I checked when the discounts came out, there was nothing available for my dates at CBR. When I checked again last night, both May discounts were showing availability for me. So don't give up!

But there is no discount on the tickets, correct? This is my question. Because I was already booked and paid for with a package, and these two offers both brought my total to the same amount. So I'm assuming that there is no advantage to one over the other for someone like me. I didn't know if the package one offered some sort of extra park day, or other perk that I was missing, since the total was the same either way.

If you have at least 5 day tickets, you get the last day free. That's the difference.

If you have at least 5 day tickets, you get the last day free. That's the difference.
Hmmm. It doesn't show me a free last day. When I go through the process with just the room discount and 5 day tickets, it's the same price as doing it as a package with the deal. Weird.

Hmmm. It doesn't show me a free last day. When I go through the process with just the room discount and 5 day tickets, it's the same price as doing it as a package with the deal. Weird.

Maybe call and see what they tell you. When I did ours she told me what the room discount equated to - 15% and then said the last day of my park hoppers would be free since I had 5+ days purchased.

I ended up booking a Dolphin/ticket pkg through Costco Travel last night. Two of the nights I wanted to stay were sold out on Dolphin's website and so I had booked into POFQ garden view. But POFQ ended up not being part of Fun and Sun discount. People on the S/D thread suggested I look at Costco and for my dates it was not only available but almost $700 savings over POFQ room rates. I am happy with the discount I got because I need two rooms this trip which jacks the cost up. The costco pkg includes park hopper tix which I would have bought from UT, it also includes the resort fee at S/D. So I am missing out on new magic bands (have old ones) and Magical Express but I'm ok with that for the savings. :goodvibes Now onto the rest of my dining ADRs and FPs.

So excited! I got a room at POFQ for $960 through my TA for 5/12-5/17. I’m still gonna keep an eye out for an AP discount but I’m happy this is my backup. I think my 3yo is going to love the kiddie pool and I’m looking forward to staying at a small resort. I only stayed at POFQ once about 5 years ago, but I loved it. We saved almost $400 from what I priced on the Disney site! Now to start planning our days!

Sounds like tomorrow is the release date for the new buying of club level fast passes, so maybe they will be released together. Make a ton of people angry and a ton happy!

I just saved $836!!! We are staying at Yacht Club
:jumping1:

Now I kinda wished that I checked the price for Club Level when the discount came out, if it wouldn't have been too crazy I may have booked it :sad:. Just checked and no Club Level aside from the $$$$$$ rooms. I called and she said sometimes they block out rooms for convention and to keep checking back. Beach Club has availability but we love Yacht Club and haven't stayed in the renovated rooms yet. No worries I'm just happy to be going back to Disney and staying at our favorite resort ::yes:: I will still be checking though :thumbsup2

We went ahead and booked a TA exclusive package with dining for Memorial week. It saved us more than the room discount and more than the free meal deal if we would of changed our dates which wouldn't of worked for us anyway. We are a party of 6 now so we are getting 2 rooms at POP with regular dining. If my mom wasn't going to go we could of gotten a great price for POR but I am happy she is going and we are happy with the discount we got because we didn't really expect to find much of any discount for that time period. This is the first time using a TA but I think we will be ok. We normally go week after Thanksgiving but our son is a sophomore and it is getting harder for him to miss a week so we are going to try out May but I have MS so I just hope the heat doesn't do me in. Trying to stay positive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter