May 2019 booking

MamaBear221

Earning My Ears
Forgive me, as I’m very new to all of this. Planning an 8 day trip to WDW in May 2019 and trying to figure out where to start. We would like to utilize the military rates but I know it will be some time before those are available. We plan to stay at the Poly, club level with a theme park view. Should I call to book a room now to make sure we have something set up, and then change it when military rates are announced? I’m worried if we wait to book we could miss out. Is there anything else I should know about rates before booking?

TIA!

Forgive me, as I’m very new to all of this. Planning an 8 day trip to WDW in May 2019 and trying to figure out where to start. We would like to utilize the military rates but I know it will be some time before those are available. We plan to stay at the Poly, club level with a theme park view. Should I call to book a room now to make sure we have something set up, and then change it when military rates are announced? I’m worried if we wait to book we could miss out. Is there anything else I should know about rates before booking?

TIA!
We are planning the same trip same time same room go figure. I contacted my travel agent and was told to wait until summer for rates to come out. I know it's early but I wanted to make sure that I could book through them using rewards dollars. I will be booking shortly after rates are announced and have done this a few times before and I never had an issue getting Poly club level theme park view.

I am waiting for 2019 bookings at WDW as well. I'm curious as to how much to expect rates to increase since not sure Gondola will be up and running. We like staying at POP and look forward to our first time in a refurbished room. I think Disney is anticipating faster-filled bookings for 2019 since Toy Story Land will be up and running and other new rides will be coming. I would book when the 2019 availability comes out.

planning for May as well ( I think)- depends on how DD likes cruise in Dec...She's 23 and not sure if she will be bored on ship ( we are cruising in Dec and this will be our 7 cruise but we havent cruised in a few years and this will be the first one that she is not in a planned group setting). If she doesnt love it, we will drop our 11 night cruise in July 2019 and return to WDW in May 2019. Curious as to cost as we decided next time we are splurging and upgrading our hotel and dining plans.

We are excited to book for May 2019 too! Hoping there will be some type of discount then. Anyone know if there are typically discounts mid-May?

We are excited to book for May 2019 too! Hoping there will be some type of discount then. Anyone know if there are typically discounts mid-May?

Yes! There is typically a room-only discount in May. This works great for me because I typically book room-only and then get discount park tickets. Here is a link to past discounts and when they were released:

https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

PS- Love your avatar!

Thinking I will book 11 nights at POR Royal Room with deluxe dining. I wanted to maybe stay at deluxe but I'm having trouble justifying the expense and I dont want to be irritated with myself if we spend the money and dont spend time at the resort.... I was leaning more toward Contemporary but my DD is swaying me more towards POR- perhaps if there is a discount we will change back to deluxe ( since I believe most of the time POR Royal Rooms arent included in discounts)

We booked 2BR suite at Beach Club for May, made deposit, and are waiting for discounts to be announced for May-Jun 2019. Disney rep told us we can update reservation when the discounts are announced. Only pain was having to pay the deposit, but it is refundable.

Yes, the discounts are usually put out during the New Year, a few days before of after Jan 1st. We've had experience getting 15% off our Value Resort, or 20% off at Mod, along with one park day for free (with a minimum of 5 park days booked). I've also gotten Disney Emails with a discount code, which I could use before the seasonal offerings were released to the public

We just decided to do May 2019. Jan 2018 we went to DW and stayed at the Poly. Aug 2018 we went to DL. We have never been for Flower and Garden so we thought we would give it a try.

Some types of rooms are already booked for portions of May, 2019. I think your travel agent is providing bad advice about waiting since once a desired type of room is sold out, you are basically out of luck. It make more sense to book the room you want while it is still available. If a lower rate is subsequently offered by Disney, then you can look into getting a rebate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!