May 2019 Car Rental Thread

I ran a quote thru auto slash and booked a minivan with Advantage for 5 days May11-15 for $226. I think that might be a weekly rate.

Finally - a rate I can live with. May 25 - June 4 [10 day rental] Standard @ $326. Costco/AD3868JST.

No - it is still active. I've been using it for at least the last year with no issues.

I just tried it for my September and November rentals with my Costco contract id and it says a error occurred and does not give the discount.

I just tried it for my September and November rentals with my Costco contract id and it says a error occurred and does not give the discount.

I just tried it for a December reservation with no issue. I've used both Safari and Google browser so I don't know why you can't get it. I assure you I'm being truthful. :confused3 Which Costco contract Id are you using? There are two that I know of. Use 7014627.

I, too, would have gotten an error message if it was expired. Doesn't mean it won't expire at some time.

Last edited:
I just tried it for a December reservation with no issue. I've used both Safari and Google browser so I don't know why you can't get it. I assure you I'm being truthful. :confused3 Which Costco contract Id are you using? There are two that I know of. Use 7014627.

I, too, would have gotten an error message if it was expired. Doesn't mean it won't expire at some time.

Is this thru the Alamo website or Costco Travel site? Thanks!

I am using 7014627 and using the Alamo website. I use Microsoft Edge for my browser. Last November I booked the same way with coupon AD2823JAZ and my Costco id and had no problem. Very strange :confused3. I sure wouldn't mind another $25 off.

I am using 7014627 and using the Alamo website. I use Microsoft Edge for my browser. Last November I booked the same way with coupon AD2823JAZ and my Costco id and had no problem. Very strange :confused3. I sure wouldn't mind another $25 off.

That just bites. :badpc: I meant to say Chrome browser, not Google. That's what I get for trying to respond on my iPhone.

And to add to that, I just used AD2823JAZ with no issues and it lowered me to $298. Do you know where that coupon is from?

Last edited:

Researching AD2923JAZ, I found AD8698SDF directly on the Alamo website - $25. off if you use a Visa to pay for rental.

So excited as my mini van rental for 5/24-5/31 has come down again. I am now at 403.89. When I started about a month ago, the price was close to $500. I rent through Alamo and use AD3868JST and a code for Wyndham rewards.

That just bites. :badpc: I meant to say Chrome browser, not Google. That's what I get for trying to respond on my iPhone.

And to add to that, I just used AD2823JAZ with no issues and it lowered me to $298. Do you know where that coupon is from?

I was using contract id 7015309, not 7014627. It does work with 7014627. Thanks :cool1:

Last edited:
I was using contract id 7015309, not 7014627. It does work with 7014627. Thanks :cool1:

I am so sorry you are having troubles - that is very frustrating. Just a minute ago I went into Costco Travel directly and was able to get a total in rate of $298. for the exact same thing. You might try that.

Hey - you changed your quote just as I was copying it. :crazy2: Glad it worked out.

FINALLY a big price drop for me today with Costco Travel site! April 27-May 3, mid SUV, $221 total, with Alamo. (Another was $219 but I like Alamo and choosing my own vehicle).

I just use Costco Travel site, it is easy and quick to find old reservations to cancel if I find a lower rate. A few days before trip I go into Alamo site and do the pre arrival check in stuff.

Posted this in April thread too, as my rental is over both months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter