May 2019 Car Rental Thread

Hi Gina. Do you normally get a Std SUV from Alamo? If so, what do you see in their Std SUV aisle?
I definately prefer the STD suv to the Midsize. The KEY feature for me that I look for is keyless entry (just touching the handle to unlock the door). That way I can toss the keyfob in my bag and not dig around for it after a long day at the park. I rarely see a midsize SUV with this feature, but I often can find a STD suv with it. I usually see about a $40ish increase over midsize through Alamo.

Here are the vehicles I often see at almao: Hyundai Sante Fe, Jeep Cherokee, Ford Edge, Ford Explorer (rare but LOADED!!), Dodge Durango, Chevy Equinox, Kia Sorento

Here are some Alamo codes below that have been valid in past years. I tried most of them and they were still valid. Use at your own discretion. Happy car hunting!

Contract ID's
7014295 AMEX MY VACATION 08 EMAILS
7014627 Costco
7014696 BJ's code
7014926 Save with Alamo
7015071 Wyndham rewards
7016136 AMEX
7016141 Southwest
7016220 Visit Orlando
7016350 Visa

Coupon Code
AU2291VYT 1 car upgrade
AD2365FDN AOPA coupon $30 off contract
AD8698SDF $25 BJ's Coupon
AD3868JST $25 Off Specialty
AD6974JDM E-Code ???
AU3Z64SDG BJ's1 free Upgrade
AD2823JAZ $25 Off Entertainment book (any size vehicle, base rate must be $175 or more)
AD8913MJR $30 Off LACDISC ( Latin American residents visiting the US)

Product Code
AS1 (Residents of Canada)

Last edited:
We haven't rented a car at an airport in over 10 years. Can someone please walk me thru what the logistics are from deboarding to driving off in car? We booked with Advantage. We will have 4 kids with us so any tips are much appreciated!
Twoole, not sure if you'd consider this but we have been doing it for years. On the same level as car rental is Magic Express. You and the kids take magic express. DH goes and gets the car and meets you at the resort. Most likely he will arrive first and be waiting for you to arrive. That way you don't have to mess with retrieving luggage when you arrive. You just head to resort and so does he. Plus you won't have to drag the kids through the parking garage. For departure you use DAC at resort. They will check your bags, and print your boarding passes. Then when it's time to leave you all just jump in the van and head to airport. At airport you wont have to wheel a luggage cart around or tip anyone else to do it either. You won't deal with luggage on arrival or departure. Just a suggestion.

Twoole, not sure if you'd consider this but we have been doing it for years. On the same level as car rental is Magic Express. You and the kids take magic express. DH goes and gets the car and meets you at the resort. Most likely he will arrive first and be waiting for you to arrive. That way you don't have to mess with retrieving luggage when you arrive. You just head to resort and so does he. Plus you won't have to drag the kids through the parking garage. For departure you use DAC at resort. They will check your bags, and print your boarding passes. Then when it's time to leave you all just jump in the van and head to airport. At airport you wont have to wheel a luggage cart around or tip anyone else to do it either. You won't deal with luggage on arrival or departure. Just a suggestion.

Thank you, I really appreciate the tip but we are staying offsite this time. My oldest are 9 and 7 and they are good helpers. My 3 yo can go in the stroller and DD5 will stay close to us. We have only 2 suitcases to check so it shouldn't be too bad. Thanks again!

Check your Alamo rates! Mine just dropped from 436 to 306 in May for 11 days. We are picking up at the Car Care Center as the airport is double my price. I also changed my car class from standard to full size pickup! (it was the cheapest!)

Those with a Costco membership, check those rates. Prices for our dates (May 4th thru 11th) have dropped with Budget, AND they are offering a Costco cash card as well. My Standard SUV through Costco Car Rental is still $288 with Alamo, but its $265 with Budget plus a $30 cash card. We've had poor luck with Budget in the past, but for that savings I'm almost tempted to give them another try.

Since I booked with Costco in mid-Feb. for $238, the rate for my dates May 8-16 has only gone up. I've checked several times since then. Booked standard size, but open to another size if cost is much less.

Those with a Costco membership, check those rates. Prices for our dates (May 4th thru 11th) have dropped with Budget, AND they are offering a Costco cash card as well. My Standard SUV through Costco Car Rental is still $288 with Alamo, but its $265 with Budget plus a $30 cash card. We've had poor luck with Budget in the past, but for that savings I'm almost tempted to give them another try.

That's tempting. My STD SUV is $282 with Alamo, May 3-11. Just quoted $263 with Budget + $30 card. Love my pick you own vehicle though.

My dates are 4/25-5/5 and rates are still sky high. I was really hoping for a drop by now.

Here are some Alamo codes below that have been valid in past years. I tried most of them and they were still valid. Use at your own discretion. Happy car hunting!

Contract ID's
7014627 Costco
7016220 Visit Orlando
7014696 BJ's code
7015071 Wyndham rewards
7016350 Visa
7016136 AMEX
7014295 AMEX MY VACATION 08 EMAILS
7016141 Southwest
LACDISC ( Latin American residents visiting the US)

Coupon Code

AU2291VYT 1 car upgrade
AD2365FDN AOPA coupon $30 off contract
AD8698SDF $25 BJ's Coupon
AD3868JST $25 Off Specialty
AD6974JDM E-Code ???
AU3Z64SDG BJ's1 free Upgrade
AD2823JAZ $25 Off Entertainment book (any size vehicle, base rate must be $175 or more)

Product Code
AS1 (Residents of Canada)

YOU ARE AMAZING!!! I was just looking for this information! I have a Standard for $273 for May 25 - June 3, but hoping to go down a little more than that.....

That's tempting. My STD SUV is $282 with Alamo, May 3-11. Just quoted $263 with Budget + $30 card. Love my pick you own vehicle though.

I know! We have the same conundrum! We are currently holding both reservations and have to decide which one we will keep. My head says go with the savings but my heart says stick with Alamo.

Just checked my rates this morning and thru Costco travel I just saved another 30. I am now down to 317 for a mini van for for the dates of 5/4-5/11 dates. Oh it was with alamo but no cash card was offered .

I’m got a 13 day full size with Alamo for $375. Not too bad. The low rates of past years are gone now, so you have to find a new threshold that works for you. I prefer National, but they continue to come in the highest.

If you have a costco membership, check today. Budget seems to have some great prices on smaller/standard cars for my dates (5/18 - 5/24). We need a mini van so I'm still holding at my best rate so far on Alamo of about $344. Still hoping it comes down!

Alamo - Standard size car, May 11-12, pick up at Disney Car Care Center, return at BWI (taking the auto train) $44

Just checked costco travel again and now my 5/4- 5/11 mini van is down to 292 with budget. Thats over 50 bucks I saved in the last week woohoo.

Just checked my rates with Alamo for a mini Van 5/24-5/31 and down to 342.99. Finally a drop again rates. The last drop I had was a month ago.

I leave the end of April through May 11. Haven’t seen much change on Alamo or National lately. 13 day rental. $375 full size with Alamo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!