May 2019

Online system is useless for me this morning~ tried on two different browsers~ and the modify reservation tab disappeared after a while.
Called~ said it would be over a 2 hour wait~ called a different number and said I needed information about offers~ not modify my reservation~ was talking to a cast member within 10 minutes and she applied the discount to both rooms.
We saved $226 per room for our 2 room reservation at ASMo preferred room for June 1- 7.

Beyond frustrating with the Ate The Page business. I'm not seeing an option to modify or cancel my room only reservation as I have in the past. It says to call if I want to cancel or modify. I wonder why I can't do this online anymore. I really really do hate calling. I like to see my options in front of me and not feel forced to make a snap decision.
I was wondering the same thing! I already have a CBR room reservation and wanted to get the room discount applied. I'm sure the call queue is extremely long and can't sit on the phone all day at work!

Beyond frustrating with the Ate The Page business. I'm not seeing an option to modify or cancel my room only reservation as I have in the past. It says to call if I want to cancel or modify. I wonder why I can't do this online anymore. I really really do hate calling. I like to see my options in front of me and not feel forced to make a snap decision.

The option to modify was showing on mine this morning, but every time I tried to apply the discount~ I'd get to the end and it would say error and to call. Then the option to modify disappeared and it gave a number to call and change or modify reservation. I finally gave in and called~ at the first prompt I said I needed information on specials and offers~ I'd called and said modify my reservation twice and it said over 2 hour wait~ with me saying need information~ I was talking to a cast member within 10 minutes.

As far as options~ there is only one discount right now~ so the option is to keep the standard reservation or go with the discount. For ASMo preferred room~ we saved $226 per room~ I think it is based on the room and not packages because our rooms have different numbers of people in them but saved the exact same amount~ if that helps.

Last edited:
Nothing available from 4/28 - 5/4

We have had the wilderness lodge booked since August for those dates. Received a pin code and could not use it(nothing available) and could not use the special offer that just came out(nothing available). Could not upgrade or move to any other resort for cheaper(besides animal kingdom lodge).

I have gone to disney every year at this time of year and have never seen it like this, we have always been able to use a discount.

i used the PH discount and there was plenty of availability for WL - My home resort is AKL so i booked that saving $200 per night vs. rack rate. I had POFQ booked since it was a quick 2 person trip just 7 nights but switched to AKL for almost the same price.

Online system is useless for me this morning~ tried on two different browsers~ and the modify reservation tab disappeared after a while.
Called~ said it would be over a 2 hour wait~ called a different number and said I needed information about offers~ not modify my reservation~ was talking to a cast member within 10 minutes and she applied the discount to both rooms.
We saved $226 per room for our 2 room reservation at ASMo preferred room for June 1- 7.

I was also on the phone with someone within 10 minutes. I said I needed to ask a question when prompted. The wait time was only listed as 20 minutes tho this morning.

Wow, it is crazy how the Disney servers don't handle things like this well at all. I mean i understand that for most times the servers they have probably are sufficient but i would think that they would build their severs out to where they are suited to handle the largest load that they estimate could occur on a given day. I am happy that i appear to have gotten in just before the servers appear to have gone down but i feel so bad for all those who were not able to.

i used the PH discount and there was plenty of availability for WL - My home resort is AKL so i booked that saving $200 per night vs. rack rate. I had POFQ booked since it was a quick 2 person trip just 7 nights but switched to AKL for almost the same price.

What dates are you going? That is a killer deal. I got through again, finally. Still nothing at WL, they did say I could switch the the GF for an extra $600 or Beach Club for a extra $300, thinking about pulling the trigger on the Beach Club.

What dates are you going? That is a killer deal. I got through again, finally. Still nothing at WL, they did say I could switch the the GF for an extra $600 or Beach Club for a extra $300, thinking about pulling the trigger on the Beach Club.

going April 27-May 4. April 27 reservation is at the older AP rate i booked 2 days ago and April 28-May 4 is the new AP rate i booked this morning. I had originally booked POFQ but i am staying at my favorite (AKL) for LESS money.

I just got a Two BR villa at OKW on April 28- May 3 for $480 a night plus tax. Stayed here often, best rate I have seen in last several years......

I was finally able to modify my reservation online. Yey! I do hate calling, lol. I saved $200 on 6n at POFQ but might be upgrading to something else soon. I'm so happy I was able to do this. I've been waiting months for a room only discount.
I wish Disney wouldn't have posted FD for the later dates, at the same time as the room only discounts we've been waiting for. Maybe if they didn't do all of that all at once, the site would have been better equipped to handle the traffic.

I would definitely at least pull the trigger on the Beach Club for $300. The GF for $600 extra isn't too shabby either. ;)

Last edited:
Wow, it is crazy how the Disney servers don't handle things like this well at all. I mean i understand that for most times the servers they have probably are sufficient but i would think that they would build their severs out to where they are suited to handle the largest load that they estimate could occur on a given day. I am happy that i appear to have gotten in just before the servers appear to have gone down but i feel so bad for all those who were not able to.
Hi dad

After I secured a lower price for my existing room only 6n reservation at POFQ garden view with the Fun and Sun discount, I decided shortly after that to upgrade to AKL standard view Jambo. It's costing more pn than my original non-discounted POFQ gv, and even more pn than my discounted POFQ gv, but I decided to do it anyway for my older teen DGS to get a chance to stay at AKL for the first time. He has wanted to stay there since he was little. I stayed at AKL in 2016 with DD and really liked it. My original rack for POFQ was 263.00 pn. My discounted Fun and Sun for POFQ was 235.00 pn. I'm paying 301.00 pn at AKL (rack is 415.00).

Last edited:
Hoping for a FL resident or Fun & Sun discount for May 2019 at POP Century. We are booked at the regular rate, but I keep checking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter