May 26th, 2018 7-Night Mediterranean from Barcelona

AWESOME! do you know when there are other tastings? I don't think I can see them yet and some pre planning would help out a lot!
Whisky Tasting May 26th at 10:30pm
Mojito and Caipirinha Tasting May 27 at 2pm
Wine Tasting May 27 at 12:15
Martini Tasting May 28 at 10:30pm
June 1 Chocolate and liquor tasting at 12:15
There are a few more but I have to run...

Whisky Tasting May 26th at 10:30pm
Mojito and Caipirinha Tasting May 27 at 2pm
Wine Tasting May 27 at 12:15
Martini Tasting May 28 at 10:30pm
June 1 Chocolate and liquor tasting at 12:15
There are a few more but I have to run...

Thank you!!! I did a whisky and the mojito tasting in Alaska and they were great.

Thank you so much! we just got back from the beer tasting and now just 1 hour and 8 minutes on impatient waiting!

I won't get to book till the 12th march. Really hope they still have availability then. Hoping for frozen and princess gathering, as well as the character breakfast. What do you multiple cruisers think is the likelihood?
You should try at 12:00 midnight to book what you want on the 12th. If a activity is full when you try to book it on the 12th, that does not mean you don't have a chance. 1st, check back often to see if there are cancellations and a spot opened up. 2nd, check with guest Services when you board the ship. 3rd, just go to the event when it occurs and in many cases if they have a guest "no show" they will let you take their spot. Disney is very accommodating in these situations. Well, they have been in the past we cruised more often. Anyone else have a take on this?

Me too - I just really want to make sure I get Palo brunch and alcohol tastings.

They always have availability on the ship on the day your board, they will have a representative from Palos and also for alcohol tastings in one of the lounges after you board to set this up. I know one of the other groups communicating is setting up private Alcohol tastings. On our NYE cruise we booked tasting through disney and tastings with those who we met online. One day we had palo's brunch, followed by Wine tasting followed by Open Bar hour (arranged privately by online group). Oh my goodness that was a little much for one day. Alcohol tastings that they had on board... Beer, Wine, Whiskey, Cognac, Tequila, Rum, Mojitio. All of them lots of fun.

I'm thinking if we get enough people on this thread, we could all gather and meet on the top deck port side or somewhere as we leave from the Barcelona port and sail off into the Mediterranean. Just an idea. It would be really nice to meet others on this thread. Thoughts......

How about Promanode lounge Deck 3 at 3pm on Sail sway day, it is after lunch and before the muster drill. That tends to be the best spot to meet people right next to the bar. Generally a quiet area and good for a Group meet. Doesn't need to be reserved in advance. The deck I find is crowded and hard to find folks.

Last edited:
Promanode lounge works for me. Best to do this at the beginning of the cruise. That way it's always fun when you run into each other thought out the cruise. Hopefully this thread will grow some more by then.

Just booked this cruise last week! :) Can't wait to meet everyone onboard! Is anyone up for the Fish Extender exchanges this cruise?

Just booked this cruise last week! :) Can't wait to meet everyone onboard! Is anyone up for the Fish Extender exchanges this cruise?
Welcome! Just given the distance we have to travel, we are not going to do FE this cruise. I do miss doing it as I think it is a cute way to meet additional people. Originally someone had posted how the FE signup was arranged, but their post is gone now.

Got everything i wanted/needed except for brunch :( i guess i shall stalk!!

Babycatsy, I just saw your tagline, will you be blogging about this cruise. I always love to see the different perspectives from other cruiser?

Welcome! Just given the distance we have to travel, we are not going to do FE this cruise. I do miss doing it as I think it is a cute way to meet additional people. Originally someone had posted how the FE signup was arranged, but their post is gone now.
Thank you! :) And that's a good point... I'm already trying to figure out how to get everything I want to bring into my suitcase and carry on. First time to Europe (and abroad) so I'm probably going to over plan the whole thing! We should all definitely meet up one or two nights while onboard! This cruise is a girls trip for my best friend and I, so we are looking forward to meeting some new people and making new friends! :)

Thank you! :) And that's a good point... I'm already trying to figure out how to get everything I want to bring into my suitcase and carry on. First time to Europe (and abroad) so I'm probably going to over plan the whole thing! We should all definitely meet up one or two nights while onboard! This cruise is a girls trip for my best friend and I, so we are looking forward to meeting some new people and making new friends! :)

Sounds like fun.. How not to over plan and over pack is the key. I really like trying to have nice clothes for dinners and especially if we are doing the pictures and now with the newly themed tangled restaurant trying to figure out what we should wear. I am traveling DH and DD... but this is our 11 Disney Cruise, First time in the Mediterranean for us together. DD is more than excited and looking forward to the Spanish and Italian food she hopes to try. Didn't know I was raising and foodie.

Babycatsy, I just saw your tagline, will you be blogging about this cruise. I always love to see the different perspectives from other cruiser?
Yes! I will blog about the cruise afterward! you can see my report of my Alaskan Trip starting here (https://plaidshirtyogapants.com/2017/06/15/disney-alaskan-cruise-embarkation/) I've actually come a long way with my writing trip reports over this past year. I usually post the trip report plain text on here and with photos on my blog :)

They always have availability on the ship on the day your board, they will have a representative from Palos and also for alcohol tastings in one of the lounges after you board to set this up. I know one of the other groups communicating is setting up private Alcohol tastings. On our NYE cruise we booked tasting through disney and tastings with those who we met online. One day we had palo's brunch, followed by Wine tasting followed by Open Bar hour (arranged privately by online group). Oh my goodness that was a little much for one day. Alcohol tastings that they had on board... Beer, Wine, Whiskey, Cognac, Tequila, Rum, Mojitio. All of them lots of fun.
I have 3 sponsored alcohol tastings on this trip :) on the Alaskan trip we did mojitos and whiskey and whiskey knocked me on my butt.

How do you set up private parties/tastings? It seems like there are not many people who know about DISboards or other cruise boards who go on this cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter