May and June having AK morning EMH everyday?

I've literally just landed in Orlando (am standing next to a luggage carousel as I type this) and have just seen the news. Every day from 29th April onwards is EMH, so that is just seven days notice! As we're offsite and weren't planning to go to AK until the 29th (and then twice more in May), we are really stuck as we were relying on being able to do rope drop. All our FPs are booked and it'll be impossible to move days around. Hoping so much this is a glitch.

Wow. This is a mess for people off site to get on FoP! We were planning on RD N'avi at 9am. Not sure I can drag my family to wake up to get there for an 8am opening now to get on the river boat. We're doing 2 AK days and now they did this to both of them.

While that might work some people, for others it might not. I would think it would not work for those who had plans to rope drop AK and didn't intend on staying until park close.

I’m just trying to provide an easy alternative with wait times even shorter than at rope drop.

Most guests don’t stay until closing time which is why this plan works so well.

I’m just trying to provide an easy alternative with wait times even shorter than at rope drop.

Most guests don’t stay until closing time which is why this plan works so well.

Thanks, but we were planning to see both Rivers of Light shows, so we can't ride the Pandora attractions at park close.

Thanks, but we were planning to see both Rivers of Light shows, so we can't ride the Pandora attractions at park close.

What were you planning to do between shows? You should have an hour after the 1st show ends before the 2nd one starts. If Navi is a walk-on by that time, which it should be, you could still hit the rides and make it back in time for the late show.

And now I think i’ve found my next challenge. ROL twice plus Navi and FoP in the same evening after 9 pm.

What were you planning to do between shows? You should have an hour after the 1st show ends before the 2nd one starts. If Navi is a walk-on by that time, which it should be, you could still hit the rides and make it back in time for the late show.

That is a very interesting idea - I never considered that Navi would truly be a walk-on at night; I just thought it would have a more reasonable wait (30 minutes or so). Is it likely that Navi will be a walk-on at approx. 9:30PM? If so, might try that approach!

That is a very interesting idea - I never considered that Navi would truly be a walk-on at night; I just thought it would have a more reasonable wait (30 minutes or so). Is it likely that Navi will be a walk-on at approx. 9:30PM? If so, might try that approach!
Wait times go way down right before closing especially if it closes later. Usually the wait times posted are higher then what they really are.

I checed last night’s stats on Touring Plans for an example. During the last 45 minutes of operation, the posted wait time was 20 minutes with an expected actual wait of 5 minutes.

Just keep in mind that the posted times are intentionally exaggerated at night to discourage late riders.

I could see possibly falling asleep during the first one and waking up while the second one is going on. Other than that, no idea why.
I seen it once last year and that was enough for me. Don't get me wrong it is a nice show but once is enough being cramped in and sweating from all the body heat.

I seen it once last year and that was enough for me. Don't get me wrong it is a nice show but once is enough being cramped in and sweating from all the body heat.
Yeah, it was one and done for us. Glad to have seen it once...well, not really...but at least I can say I gave it a shot.

Would you all say that the days that don't have EMH are going to be more crowded, due to off site guest trying to ride FOP without FP?
We do have a FOP FP+ for 9:30AM. Our plan was to ride Na'vi twice before our FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter