May and June having AK morning EMH everyday?

So I just looked and every day but May 17th has EMH.... what the heck?
May 16th is moonlight magic at animal kingdom for DVC. Perhaps they don’t want to open early after a late night. Makes me think this is not a glitch. What to do, what to do...

For those who arent Pandora bound what is the best way to use AM EMH? I orginally had a PPO Tusker House ADR and had planned to hit KS before our 9:30 Navi FP but with the update we have cancelled it. I have a non thrill seeking kiddo who will be with us.

For those who arent Pandora bound what is the best way to use AM EMH? I orginally had a PPO Tusker House ADR and had planned to hit KS before our 9:30 Navi FP but with the update we have cancelled it. I have a non thrill seeking kiddo who will be with us.
With a non thrill seeking kiddo there is Navi , the safari, TriceraTop Spin, Primeval Whirl and Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail. I have read that sometimes the safari and gorilla trail are not open at EMH. I think if I were you I would ride Navi first then go to the safari and the gorilla trail if it is open. Then you could head over to TriceraTop Spin and Primeval Whirl.

Well that throws a little wrench in our plans. Was supposed to have 8 AM TH breakfast, then do Safari. We do have FP for it later in the week and before, but we have a friend with us who’s only day at AK is next Tuesday... We still want to do TH, both for the breakfast and the character interaction. Just how bad will it be if we try to get to the Safari after that? Our FP for FoP and NRJ are at 9:25.

May 16th is moonlight magic at animal kingdom for DVC. Perhaps they don’t want to open early after a late night. Makes me think this is not a glitch. What to do, what to do..
What is this moonlight magic? Will it affect the crowds on the 16th? Will they close the park or any attractions early for it?

I was planning on EMH rope drop on Monday, 6/4. I'm kind of hoping that there will be less people there for EMH since it's available every day now. Bad for offsite, but silver lining for me.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that since it is daily and I was not planning on doing FoP or Na'Ji at rd that it won't make that much of a difference. We were going to ride EE and Safari at rd. But then again 9 am could be the time that all those at EMH start heading to those attractions. I was incredibly angry as this completely sucks for those staying offsite. It's like Disney is saying "No more staying off site. You stay with us or else we will make it impossible for you to ride the premium rides". Waiting in line for more than 30 -40 minutes for me is not happening. Is there any point in getting at the gates a half hour early? How do they handle entry to those poor pitiful people who stay off site and can't do emh? It hadn't concerned me because I had been avoiding emh days until now. Now I'm mad again. :headache:

During my visit, there is only 1 day with not EMH in 6 days there, so bizarre.... Do you all think it is going to be extra busy since all of us off site will go since it is the only day we are on a level playing field?

Jenn

This brings up an interesting thought for on vs. off-site. For the last couple years, Disney has seemed to be slowly chipping away at onsite benefits with fewer EMHs in general, opening up FP to DS hotels, etc. As typical onsite people, I was rather aggravated, especially with the announcement that they would charge for parking. In fact, just yesterday, prior to reading this thread, I told DH that maybe we should move off-site from now on and use the money saved to buy APs for free parking and do a big trip the start of the year and a big trip before the pass expires.

Now it seems Disney is putting some benefit back into staying onsite, by giving onsite guests an advantage at riding the newer rides. But now, off-site guests are crying foul! (And believe me, I get it, give us more than a months warning and it wouldn’t be as big of an issue.)

I don’t know what to think, other than our onsite stay is from May 19-25 and with AK open and hour earlier for us, I’m pretty pumped that we might get to ride FOP more than once! Like a PP said, a little silver lining for us!

This brings up an interesting thought for on vs. off-site. For the last couple years, Disney has seemed to be slowly chipping away at onsite benefits with fewer EMHs in general, opening up FP to DS hotels, etc. As typical onsite people, I was rather aggravated, especially with the announcement that they would charge for parking. In fact, just yesterday, prior to reading this thread, I told DH that maybe we should move off-site from now on and use the money saved to buy APs for free parking and do a big trip the start of the year and a big trip before the pass expires.

Now it seems Disney is putting some benefit back into staying onsite, by giving onsite guests an advantage at riding the newer rides. But now, off-site guests are crying foul! (And believe me, I get it, give us more than a months warning and it wouldn’t be as big of an issue.)

I don’t know what to think, other than our onsite stay is from May 19-25 and with AK open and hour earlier for us, I’m pretty pumped that we might get to ride FOP more than once! Like a PP said, a little silver lining for us!

I’m all for onsite benefits. And I’m glad they’ve increased them. But, EVERY SINGLE DAY? Really? And at the last minute? And I’m not even all that upset about not being able to rope drop FoP, because we already have fast passes. But it also means that no matter what day I go to AK on my trip, I’m walking into lines everywhere. We are ALWAYS rope drop people. This will be the first time that we are stuck rope dropping a park with EMH.

Can anyone explain what we can expect for lines at Dinosaur, EE, Primeval Whirl etc? We were planning on hitting Na’vi at rope drop and then heading over to these other rides. Now I’m not sure what we should expect coming into a park that’s had an hour of EMH going already. I’m sure we won’t go to Na’vi now. But how bad will the other rides be? Our FoP isn’t until the end of the day, so FP+ for anything other than what we’ve already got isn’t happening.

Can anyone explain what we can expect for lines at Dinosaur, EE, Primeval Whirl etc? We were planning on hitting Na’vi at rope drop and then heading over to these other rides. Now I’m not sure what we should expect coming into a park that’s had an hour of EMH going already. I’m sure we won’t go to Na’vi now. But how bad will the other rides be? Our FoP isn’t until the end of the day, so FP+ for anything other than what we’ve already got isn’t happening.

I am curious too. I had planned to do EE a coupe of times at rd.

This was my itinerary pre EMH:

1a. EE (ds, dd24, me)

1b. Safari (dh/dd17

2: Primevil Whirl

3: Dinosaur (FP 9:40)

Early lunch (Yak and Yeti or Flame Tree BBQ)

4a. Finding Nemo (FP 11:30 -11:45 for 12:00 show) ds, dd17

4b. EE (dh, me dd24) (FP 11:55)

5. Festival of the Lion King 1:00 or 2:00

Break /Return at around 7:00/ Grab a bite at condo or on the way

6. It’s a Bug’s Life

7. Explore Pandora

8: Na’Vi River Journey(FP 7:50)

8. Flight of Pandora (Expected wait time is eternity)

Rationally I know that there is nothing that can be changed. The only impact this will likely have is that I will have to wait to ride the EE and (not me) Safari. I was hoping to ride EE a couple of times. We may have to skip Pimevil Whirl too. (Note, FP times reflect start times.)

[/QUOTE]
I’m all for onsite benefits. And I’m glad they’ve increased them. But, EVERY SINGLE DAY? Really? And at the last minute?

I agree! I'm in a conundrum now! Take, for example, on a Sunday that now has EMH at Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom, I had planned to go to Epcot. Will Epcot be more busy now with off-site guests since two other parks are having magic hours? Maybe it won't have any impact at all. I've never experienced going to disney on a day where two parks have EMH at the same day.

This is rather strange scheduling. I certainly understand off site guests being angry.

We've got 2 AK days planned; 6/5 morning and 6/7 evening and wasn't planning on doing EMH at any park on this trip. We have a fairly early evening the night before our 6/5 morning AK day but it's also the day we're packing up to leave BWV for a split stay move to AKV/Jambo. Our first FP+ at AK is at 10am with a FoP FP+ later in the day. I truly hate the arriving 45 min b/4 emh opening and rushing with the mob to any ride. Years ago, back when everyone did it to ride Dumbo, I had a grown man trample my then 6yo granddaughter and knock her to the ground. Ashamed to say I got my feathers a bit ruffled and shouted some not so Disneyish words in Fantasyland. :sad2: Not a very magical start to our day!

On the upside, maybe with EMH every morning it will make crowds lower during the evenings which would help our 6/7 day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter