"May I see your lanyard, please?"

Figment2

DIS Veteran
I approached a CM in the MK this last week and asked my usual question, of "May I see your lanyard?" She complied and then thanked me for asking. Apparently a lot of people are just grabbing and not asking.

I thought I should pass this on since we all meet new collectors. I never thought to mention this when I've been questioned by newbies. After this encounter I made sure I told them they should first ask to see a CM's lanyard. After all, it's only polite.

Cyn

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

This is not only a good reminder when you are looking at CM lanyards, but also when looking at fellow pintraders lanyards. A little common courtesy is all that is needed. By following this advice, it will make this hobby a little more pleasurable. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Cyn, good point! If I see a lanyard, I usually ask to see it. If I don't see a lanyard, I usually ask if he/she has a lanyard.

On Halloween night we had many children come with their parents. The children came to the door & the parents usually stood near the road & driveway. If the children said "thank you," then I would say loud enough for the parents to hear, "thank you for using your manners!"

I totally agree with "may I see your lanyard (or trading book) please" is soooo nice...we should all strive for this....another faux pas I see (hear) but usually it is people who've never heard of DIS....is "got anything good?"...to which I WANT to reply(and will DO SO next time)...everything I have for trade is GOOD! The nerve of some impolite people..:bounce:

I try to always complement people when trading. I have noticed, they don't always appreciate it though. Like last week at the Disney Store I tried to be nice and said...

"Nice lanyard babe"

All I got was a stare from that guy. I made a mental note, never trade pins on Halloween eve.

Jeff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter