MAYBE A MAY TRIP?? 3 WEEKS SAPPHIRE FALLS 2021

I really need to change the title of this TR........:thumbsup2

@Worfiedoodles......yooooohoooooooo.......I need to pick your brain.......:rotfl:

Hey.........how is everyone doing? Hope you are all good.......:flower3:

No change in anything over here, except we are back in lockdown again. Although it doesn`t seem as severe as the one in March. Not sure folk are taking this one as seriously. We went out this morning, and everything seemed as normal.....stores are as busy as usual and roads are still the same. On the first lockdown roads were deserted.

We do have high mask compliance in this country, in general. But, folks don`t seem to be keeping their distance. And many are still making plans for get togethers despite being advised not to.

We did however book our flights for next September...our deferred flights from this year came available last week, so we called Virgin Atlantic and managed to get them rebooked...:cheer2:

Now to wait till December 2021 flights are released and we`ll have our three trips next year sorted.......

Still hopeful May will happen.......forever the optimist ::yes::.......and after the better news today on the vaccine, I`m keeping that optimism.

So, I will change the title as soon as I can for the May trip......and hope all of you are doing just wonderfully in your own little part of the world.......:wave2:

May it happily happen? A May trip report.

Was fun to review the old HHN pictures, thanks.

Here’s to maybe meeting up next September. And glad you are feeling much better.

I had a lot of fun going through all the pictures again.....since 2007, we really did fall in love with HHN. It really is so much fun.

Ok, I've been so sad about not going to Orlando... have avoided the dis... BUT, decided I missed my Carole and am venturing here again. I haven't gone through all of this yet -- but looking forward to it. Hoping this is the thread with your Cotswolds trip -- where Davy and I were GOING to go in summer 2021 for my birthday... not sure if that's happening now but it will one day!!!! Ok, going to start reading now! <3

Ok, I've been so sad about not going to Orlando... have avoided the dis... BUT, decided I missed my Carole and am venturing here again. I haven't gone through all of this yet -- but looking forward to it. Hoping this is the thread with your Cotswolds trip -- where Davy and I were GOING to go in summer 2021 for my birthday... not sure if that's happening now but it will one day!!!! Ok, going to start reading now! <3

You`ve been missed too Alice :hug:

Yep, the Cotswolds is in this one......just haven`t got round to changing the name yet......lol.....oh you never know about next year......fingers crossed all round!!! You and Davy will love it there.....so much history and then you find some more!

I was also supposed to say hi from Tom in the email......I had already sent it before he said......so Hi from Tom :wave2:

And good to see you back posting......::yes::

I'm joining very late to the party! I've seen you on so many TRs I follow, so it's high time I subscribe to one of yours! :goodvibes

Well a very big :welcome: along to you Tracy........it`s so good to see you here.

Yes, I think we co-post on Raeven`s wonderful trip reports and several others.......::yes:: I have no idea where this one is heading at the moment, but keeping it going till we eventually make it back to the USA........which we absolutely will.......lol......it`s just when!!!

Again, lovely to see you here........:wave2:

Well a very big :welcome: along to you Tracy........it`s so good to see you here.
Thank you! :goodvibes

I have no idea where this one is heading at the moment, but keeping it going till we eventually make it back to the USA........which we absolutely will.......lol......it`s just when!!!
Yes! And, just having a PTR in the works probably helps to fend off the Disney withdrawal at little.

Again, lovely to see you here........:wave2:
So happy to be here! :flower:Looking forward to getting to know you more.

Well, I finally changed the name of this hopefully happening upcoming Trip Report!

Long overdue..........:)

Hope everyone is doing good and getting excited and prepared for Thanksgiving in the United States and then Christmas for all of us. Which is certainly going to be a little different this year for most of us.

Again, we are all in different situations with covid restrictions and what may happen in the coming days and weeks.....but Christmas will happen regardless. For us, no visiting family up in Scotland and no big friends get-togethers this year. Zoom will be overloaded I`m guessing on days around the holidays with all of us wanting to see as many friends and loved ones as possible.

We have a week left in lockdown in England.....then, goodness knows what we`ll be doing, we`ll find out Thursday, but not much will change as we`re still being very good and not mixing as we used to. Christmas will be a quiet one for us, but that can be a good thing too. We are so looking forward to it.

Life is pretty quiet right now.......we were supposed to fly out on the 22nd for two weeks, so that was annoying that we didn`t. But, Kyle picked up his new car on Saturday, so that took the sting out of the weekend a lot!!!

Friends we keep up with through Zoom usually and I`m trying to get back into our weekly quizzes which were always so much fun.....and through them, I discovered I`m not in the least bit competitive......according to me :rotfl:

At the minute we have two of three planned trips booked for next year. Three weeks ago our Virgin Atlantic flights for September 2021 were released......so we pounced on them and got booked up for next year.....

cv69-S.gif

Of course, presuming things are at least partly normal and all restrictions have been lifted for international travel.

I did mention it`ll be funny not flying upstairs in the Jumbo Jet anymore.....then it dawned on us......we`d sit on the wing if it meant flying to America!! ::yes:: We did get good Premium seats though which we were surprised about.

There are so many good reports of the vaccine going around, it`s hard not to feel a bit more positive. So, even if the May trip doesn`t happen, I`m confident September will. I spoke to friends at the hotel over the weekend and they filled me with more confidence just talking to them.

The lovely Maria reminded me the other day about doing some Christmas visits....revisited......so I thought that might pass some time till Christmas......and as I love looking at our pictures often......I`d enjoy it too.

So, once Thanksgiving is over, and I`ll be partaking in a little bit of that too and enjoy Turkey too.......honorary American that I am.......I`ll post some Christmas pictures.......make me so nostalgic.

So for now, I do hope each and every one of you are doing ok and looking forward to some Thanksgiving time this week.......whatever you`re doing and whoever you`re with, I hope it`s wonderful........

cv61-S.jpg

Love the new name, so very hopeful your May trip is a GO!! I feel your palpable disappointment in not being at Universal at this very moment. Future trips are coming, we are going to be able to have fun again! If we say it enough, it will be so :flower:

Zoom is a godsend, isn't it? So nice to be able to see other people and realize we aren't really alone.

How very exciting for Kyle to have his new car! Now you have the perfect reason to go for some lovely drives and enjoy being out of the house and in the world :love:

I am absolutely delighted you are going to post your Christmas photos! We just cancelled our Christmas trip, and I know seeing them will bring happiness, as I know we will get there next year 🎄

Thank you so much for keeping this going! We are all rooting for international travel to return and for you and Tom to set foot back in that brilliant Orlando sun!

Maria :upsidedow

Last edited:
Again, we are all in different situations with covid restrictions and what may happen in the coming days and weeks.....but Christmas will happen regardless. For us, no visiting family up in Scotland and no big friends get-togethers this year. Zoom will be overloaded I`m guessing on days around the holidays with all of us wanting to see as many friends and loved ones as possible.

Yup, there will be a lot of zooming for us too in Canada. At least we had our Thanksgiving back in October lol

There are so many good reports of the vaccine going around, it`s hard not to feel a bit more positive. So, even if the May trip doesn`t happen, I`m confident September will. I spoke to friends at the hotel over the weekend and they filled me with more confidence just talking to them.

Yes!! You are lucky to be in the UK where one of them may actually be manufactured so maybe get them sooner?? I hope UK does well with it too because there is a good chance my son may go to Uni there next year!

So much fun that you get to get back into trip planning! Crossing my fingers for you that we can all travel again soon!

Love the new name, so very hopeful your May trip is a GO!! I feel your palpable disappointment in not being at Universal at this very moment. Future trips are coming, we are going to be able to have fun again! If we say it enough, it will be so :flower:

Zoom is godsend, isn't it? So nice to be able to see other people and realize we aren't really alone.

How very exciting for Kyle to have his new car! Now you have the perfect reason to go for some lovely drives and enjoy being out of the house and in the world :love:

I am absolutely delighted you are going to post your Christmas photos! We just cancelled our Christmas trip, and I know seeing them will bring happiness, as I know we will get there next year 🎄

Thank you so much for keeping this going! We are all rooting for international travel to return and for you and Tom to set foot back in that brilliant Orlando sun!

Maria :upsidedow

You`re so right......there are so many more trips ahead for all of us.....yes, maybe we should stand in front of a mirror and say Universal three times.......wait.....that didn`t work out well for Bloody Mary......:rotfl:

Thank you.....as I think I told you he`s done so many miles on it already.....fun!!

Oh my goodness, yes, zoom has been invaluable through this.....although my mum is getting internet this week :rolleyes1 Almost 86 years old and technology and her have never been friends!!! This is going to be fun......and the time I am glad I`m almost 7-8 hours away......

I need some Christmas cheer already!! We`re putting our decorations and trees up this weekend, and the real Christmas movie watching starts then......:santa: Yes, I was sad when you cancelled too.....so many have done the same and it`s never nice to read, but completely understandable.

Yes, once International flights open up again......we`ll be raring to go.......and yes, I`m happy we kept this one going....we have a lovely bunch of folks post here and I love reading all of them......although if May doesn`t happen I think I`ll win the award for the longest pre trip report ever.......:laughing:

Yup, there will be a lot of zooming for us too in Canada. At least we had our Thanksgiving back in October lol

Yes!! You are lucky to be in the UK where one of them may actually be manufactured so maybe get them sooner?? I hope UK does well with it too because there is a good chance my son may go to Uni there next year!

So much fun that you get to get back into trip planning! Crossing my fingers for you that we can all travel again soon!

I always forget Canada has a different Thanksgiving......isn`t Zoom the best! I know so many who are thankful for it.....

Yes, so far I`m only reading and listening to positive comments about the vaccine. I`ll be happy to take it when offered.

How lovely for your son coming here to go to University! Such a wonderful opportunity to experience another country through education.

Good to see you Kathy......hope you`re all doing ok........

Having trips booked makes everything better, doesn't it? :goodvibes

Oh it really does, completely agree!!

Have you any plans coming up Tracy? So many have had lots of plans changed this year.....it`s never pleasant reading of people`s treasured trips being postponed.

Whoo-hoo!!!! So very happy for you and Tom for having 3 trips booked for next year!!! pixiedust:

And tell Kyle congrats on the new car!!! It's always fun to drive something new and I love the new car smell!!!

And I think I need to set my scale back 20 pounds... This working from home is hard on my waist line!!! popcorn::

Hope you have a safe Thanksgiving!!!!

Last edited:
Oh so happy you have trips planned!! I CAN JUST PICTURE IT NOW.:rotfl2:

TOM, riding on the wing.:oops: Hoping that's his flying on the wing coat and hat????

.giphy (1).gif

😁
I have 3 trips planned, in my mind at least, that's about as close to any I'll get. I fear I'm about to be on forced retirement soon. Our State is shut down,
'it's a fine mess Ollie'.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter