MDE App

Caropooh

POO, are you? POO POO, POO POO!
Is anyone else having this problem?
For the past couple weeks, the MDE app has been kicking us out before we even get to log in. We have the current version (4.17.0) and have iPhone 6's.
I was just on the phone with Disney IT and he couldn't figure out why it's happening. We've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it, shutting the phones down, uninstalling the app, then restarting the phone and reinstalling the app. Nothing works. We're headed to WDW in 24 days and would really like to be able to use the app in the parks.

Yes. Was in the parks/using the app last week and was having issues with it freezing and crashing constantly. I also have the latest version and an iPhone 6. Talked to a Photopass cast member in AK who brought up that there some bugs that they're trying to get worked out but don't know if the bugs have anything to do with the freezing/crashing.

The MDE app works pretty well on my iPhone 8 but won’t open at all on my iPad Mini 3. And when I use the MDE website on the iPad it won’t open My Photos - pulls up the app, which won’t open. Bugs indeed!

I just returned from a trip and my travel party has the iPhone 6s and iPhone 8. Throughout our stay the app was a nightmare. I usually went to the FP kiosk to book my additional FP because the app was slow, crashed, froze etc.

We are iphone users as well (6s and 8's). On our family trip in August and my husband and I F&W trip in October, the app worked just fine. We just got back from weekend Christmas trip and the app was constantly crashing, freezing, kicking us out. I did find that sometimes switching off wifi got it to work better for awhile.

We are iphone users as well (6s and 8's). On our family trip in August and my husband and I F&W trip in October, the app worked just fine. We just got back from weekend Christmas trip and the app was constantly crashing, freezing, kicking us out. I did find that sometimes switching off wifi got it to work better for awhile.

I noticed that over Thanksgiving week with an iPhone 7. I think the drain on the wifi network confuses the app. Data seemed to work fine. Well, as fine as that app ever workso_O

It’s not an apple issue. When Disney has to push out messages in the app to apologize and warn users they can’t modify or cancel dining reservations it means it’s a Disney issue.

We have been here since 12/9 and it has been a huge pain in the butt to put it mildly. MDE has worked like it’s supposed to maybe 2 days out of a 7 night stay. It’s actually insulting that Disney seems to know about how terrible their site and app are but don’t seem to care. It would be one thing if they didn’t basically force you to use it to get the most out of your stay, but they do and then when it doesn’t work nobody seems to really care onsite. Just half hearted apologies from cast members.

Samsung Galaxy 7. App hasn't worked since August. I've re-installed a thousand times. It just doesn't log in. Ever. My account works fine on my son's (Galaxy 7 Edge) phone fine. IT says they've never heard of the issue and can't help me.

We are enroute home from a weeklong stay as I type this. Used the app all week with shockingly minimal issues. Changed FP around all day long, looked for dining, mobile ordered.

I was having the same problems on my iPhone 6. I upgraded to the X just before our trip (got home today) and the app worked much, much better.

I’m on iPhone 8+ and just booked all my February FP without issue (I am not on the version that showed up a couple days ago because I was afraid to change anything that close to FP date :rotfl2:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter