MDE check-in?

You should. If you're using Disney's Magical Express you should also receive the text before you get to the resort. If not, no big deal. Just check your carry-ons with bell services (not the check-in line) and head to the parks.

Yes, most of the time.
There is a brand new update to MDE and it says that if the app shows you are eligible you WILL get a text. No more "may" get a text. I personally am iffy on if that's accurate. The update just came out last night so too soon to have any tests
I've got a post on the new app options
This is from my completed check in. The check mark indicates that I will get the text. In all fairness we usually do
67EFF152-5CA2-4C43-B888-B79A7732C7E0.png

I don't think you should put a lot of faith in the you "will" get a text. I have that message now as well after the update (which I'm really liking now that I'm used to it 😜 ) and I'm Canadian. Unless they've decided to finally text everyone, not just people with US numbers, I know I won't be getting one!

I have updated the MDE App and now see the place where the room number will appear. 😃My Dd and her Dbf are flying, taking magical express and may arrive before me and DH (we are driving). It will be nice if they can access room if they arrive before us. They will have their magic bands. Thank you.

I have updated the MDE App and now see the place where the room number will appear. 😃My Dd and her Dbf are flying, taking magical express and may arrive before me and DH (we are driving). It will be nice if they can access room if they arrive before us. They will have their magic bands. Thank you.
That's been there for over a year

I don't think you should put a lot of faith in the you "will" get a text. I have that message now as well after the update (which I'm really liking now that I'm used to it 😜 ) and I'm Canadian. Unless they've decided to finally text everyone, not just people with US numbers, I know I won't be getting one!
So you have the green check mark and that same message shown above?
Just confirms my theory that they won't text everyone with that message if you do.

So you have the green check mark and that same message shown above?
Just confirms my theory that they won't text everyone with that message if you do.
That's correct, it's showing up like that for all FOUR of my reservations (long story behind a very stressful split stay :headache:) One of them was booked thru a travel agent (the one that is causing all kinds of headaches and incredible anxiety over it even being honoured when we arrive :sad2:) and the other 3 I've booked myself -- one online with no help and 2 I needed to do over the phone. Soo .. this also disproves any speculation that how you've booked is what is or isn't triggering the "successful" online check-in process.

All it proves to me is that once again, Disney's IT department is what needs a serious upgrade, not the system they expect us to use :P

No, I think how you booked drives whether or not you can choose to skip housekeeping on the app, not a room ready text

No, I think how you booked drives whether or not you can choose to skip housekeeping on the app, not a room ready text

It is not giving me the choice to skip housekeeping on the app(i have updated). i booked using the disney website but its a club lrvel room. so not sure if that makes a difference or not. i would like to skip housekeeping.

It is not giving me the choice to skip housekeeping on the app(i have updated). i booked using the disney website but its a club lrvel room. so not sure if that makes a difference or not. i would like to skip housekeeping.
You can't. It isn't offered at deluxes.

The ability to skip housekeeping with the app check in is limited to moderate and value resorts. If you want to skip housekeeping you’ll likely need to talk to someone in person when you check in.

The ability to skip housekeeping with the app check in is limited to moderate and value resorts. If you want to skip housekeeping you’ll likely need to talk to someone in person when you check in.
You can't skip housekeeping at the Deluxe resorts period. Not on the app and not in person.

why do some get a text and some don't? Is it a bug with the text messages? I reserved on the phone with a Disney agent and reserved AKL. Is there something I'll need to do to get the text?

why do some get a text and some don't? Is it a bug with the text messages? I reserved on the phone with a Disney agent and reserved AKL. Is there something I'll need to do to get the text?
No one knows the answer to this any more than the know why some get a PIN code and others never do. Or why some get welcome calls from DSS when booking CL and some don't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter