MDE in mid-September at 10:30-11:00 p.m. - How crowded?

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
What should we expect in terms of wait time to get on the bus and have the bus depart? Are there more evening flyers than I'm imagining? Trying to weigh out our options if we want to pre-arrange for private sedan service or just get down there and hop in a cab vs. taking our chances getting on a DME bus and possibly sitting there for half an hour or so before departing if the bus is empty. We've never flown in so late before on the Orlando arrival side so this is new to us.

Thanks!

Your issue at 10:30 or 11:00 PM is not that it will be crowded. It will not be.
But rather, waiting at the airport for additional flights/travelers to arrive. I have read here of folks leaving right away, as they were the last on the bus and I have read of folks waiting more than an hour for the bus to leave. There is no way to predict in advance.

Your issue at 10:30 or 11:00 PM is not that it will be crowded. It will not be.
But rather, waiting at the airport for additional flights/travelers to arrive. I have read here of folks leaving right away, as they were the last on the bus and I have read of folks waiting more than an hour for the bus to leave. There is no way to predict in advance.

Oh wow, yeah that hour is what scares me. After a full day of work and daughter's full day of school, I think best bet is going to be to get a car service (and I'll be sure to bring my drivers license for the ID stop when we arrive :upsidedow)

I've been told many times by ME that their goal is to have all guests on their way within 30 min of checking in to the bus. That each bus departs either when it's full or when the first guest has been on board for 30 min, whichever comes first. This has been our experience on all of our trips but I do know there are exceptions because there are always exceptions. My last trip, just before Memorial Day this year, was a late arrival. DGD and I got there about 10:30 and after dealing with the hell that is baggage claim it was close to midnight when we made it to ME. We had a very short wait to get on the bus and got right on our way. We were in our room before 1am, which included checking in and using an internal shuttle at our resort

I've been told many times by ME that their goal is to have all guests on their way within 30 min of checking in to the bus. That each bus departs either when it's full or when the first guest has been on board for 30 min, whichever comes first. This has been our experience on all of our trips but I do know there are exceptions because there are always exceptions. My last trip, just before Memorial Day this year, was a late arrival. DGD and I got there about 10:30 and after dealing with the hell that is baggage claim it was close to midnight when we made it to ME. We had a very short wait to get on the bus and got right on our way. We were in our room before 1am, which included checking in and using an internal shuttle at our resort

But your wait was at baggage claim, not on the DME bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!