Meal Plan ?

melindamouse

Earning My Ears
I know one of our membership perks is that we can add a meal plan if we are staying on property at a Disney Hotel. I am staying at the Coronado next month, but I bought my hotel via Travelocity. Can I still add the meal plan? My itinerary is already in My Disney Experience but when I called reservations they said they can’t see it. Any suggestions/tips to navigate logistics?

I know one of our membership perks is that we can add a meal plan if we are staying on property at a Disney Hotel. I am staying at the Coronado next month, but I bought my hotel via Travelocity. Can I still add the meal plan? My itinerary is already in My Disney Experience but when I called reservations they said they can’t see it. Any suggestions/tips to navigate logistics?
You won't be able to add a dining plan thru Member Services. You booked through a 3rd party (Travelocity) and they control the reservation. It would be the same as if you had used a travel agent to book your stay. Had you booked CSR through DVC (either with cash or points), I think that you would be able to add a dining plan but it would have to be done thru Member Services in that case.

If you're doing a lot of signature dining and table service meals, you might want to consider getting a Tables in Wonderland card. Otherwise, there are a number of restaurants that offer DVC discounts.

Call Disney and ask. I doubt you can but I wouldn't be surprised if it's allowed. It also may not be advantageous to do so.

You can still use DVC member ID card to get discounts at about 100 restaurants around property. Or buy TIW if you think that will pay off in the long run.

This is not a member perk. It is not listed among perks on the website.

The ability to add a DDP to a room-only booking applies to DVC or cash. It is not a perk.

Once we joined DVC, we found we did much better with and AP or the TIW card than with the DDP. For us, the DDP was too much of the wrong food for what we wanted to eat. We didn't want dessert at lunch for every meal, yet it was part of the deal.

Once we joined DVC, we found we did much better with and AP or the TIW card than with the DDP. For us, the DDP was too much of the wrong food for what we wanted to eat. We didn't want dessert at lunch for every meal, yet it was part of the deal.
It's a specialty item. We often get the Dlx plan but we routinely have shorter stays or multiple rooms and target the group where it makes the most sense then pay for the other's meals when together. We also look at the restaurant and likely meal choices as part of our decision making whether to get it or not. For many it doesn't save money or add true value.

I'm afraid someone's given you some incorrect information; there's no such membership perk. Dining plans can be added to DVC points reservations just as they can be added to cash reservations, but that's not really a perk, it's just a function of your having made a reservation through Disney Reservations or DVC Member Services. I'm pretty sure that reservations made through third parties like Travelocity aren't eligible for the dining plan at all.

I'm afraid someone's given you some incorrect information; there's no such membership perk. Dining plans can be added to DVC points reservations just as they can be added to cash reservations, but that's not really a perk, it's just a function of your having made a reservation through Disney Reservations or DVC Member Services. I'm pretty sure that reservations made through third parties like Travelocity aren't eligible for the dining plan at all.
There are some differences between DVC and cash in that there may be minimum stays to add the DP and discounted rooms may not eligible in all situations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts