Meal voucher for moonlight magic

Ariel620

DIS Veteran
I got a reminder email for moonlight magic next week and it said we would be given a meal voucher. Does anyone know the details? Like what hours the voucher will be valid (for the 7pm entry, or not until the 9:30 start time) or what locations or food options will be available using the voucher?

I made a reservation at the Sci-Fi restaraunt assuming we get a MM ticket in August. I’m wondering if the meal ticket is for roadside food like hot dogs, etc.

I got a reminder email for moonlight magic next week and it said we would be given a meal voucher. Does anyone know the details? Like what hours the voucher will be valid (for the 7pm entry, or not until the 9:30 start time) or what locations or food options will be available using the voucher?
Unknown as this will be the first time that meal vouchers are being used for a Moonlight Magic event.

Meal vouchers sound new. We didn't get them for either of the MM events I attended last year. Maybe they are limiting the free food going forward?

Reading on FB it seems some were loading up coolers of food/drinks to take with them, demanding full boxes of Mickey bars, etc. I haven't seen that myself at the 2 events I was at but I really wasn't watching closely either.

I would imagine the vouchers are for the hot dogs/chips and that would start once the party begins. I doubt we could use them earlier than 9:30.

Reading on FB it seems some were loading up coolers of food/drinks to take with them, demanding full boxes of Mickey bars, etc. I haven't seen that myself at the 2 events I was at but I really wasn't watching closely either.

That is so ridiculous.

Some jerk's always gotta ruin it for the rest of us.

Where on Facebook did you read this?

It was so nice (fast) walking up and just grabbing what you wanted (already prepared) and no cashier necessary. It made it so that getting a quick bite to eat didn't waste a big chunk of party time. Now, this will be like "payment" and will surely slow things up. Also, I wonder if all food will have to be obtained in 1 location. So, instead of grabbing chicken strips at one location and a drink and bag of chips at another, and then your mickey bar at the end of the night, you will have to get it all at once.

I say again.....

That is so ridiculous.

Where on Facebook did you read this?

It was so nice (fast) walking up and just grabbing what you wanted (already prepared) and no cashier necessary. It made it so that getting a quick bite to eat didn't waste a big chunk of party time. Now, this will be like "payment" and will surely slow things up. Also, I wonder if all food will have to be obtained in 1 location. So, instead of grabbing chicken strips at one location and a drink and bag of chips at another, and then your mickey bar at the end of the night, you will have to get it all at once.

I say again.....

On one of the DVC FB groups a couple people posted stories of seeing that stuff happen.

We just didn't try to get food right at the beginning of the event....about an hour in there seemed to be no lines so we could just grab a snack as we wanted. It was nice. I know we didn't use anything close to a full meal for each of us though....in May we shared one meal as a snack and then grabbed a Mickey bar later in the evening.

It will stink if this is caused by the above...We loved being able to quickly walk and grab what we wanted. So if they are going to limit it to just 1 meal voucher it will be upsetting.

And some will post something like that just to get a reaction.

I haven't received this reminder email. I did receive a confirmation email when I registered though. I wonder if I should be nervous, or just chalk it up to Disney IT.

I haven't received this reminder email. I did receive a confirmation email when I registered though. I wonder if I should be nervous, or just chalk it up to Disney IT.
No need to be nervous. MM is listed on member website. It's available to all members with qualified contracts (subject to availability). You don't need the email invite to register and go.

The info as posted on another facebook thread was : Food Vouchers will be available for pick up at the main entrance, International Gateway or over at Innoventions West. They will allow you to get one entrée, one side and one non alcoholic beverage with no price cap at the following locations : Electric Umbrella, Sunshine Seasons, Yorkshire County Fish Shop, and Norway Bakery Kringla Bakeri. The event as you know starts at 9:30 but you can get into the park with your reservation at 7pm. However if you are already in the park on an annual pass or day ticket the dining locations will start excepting the vouchers as early as 6pm.

I came here trying to confirm this info and I've put in a request to join the page where this info appears : Eating Around the World and All Through the Land
If this is true it will change our evening plans for sure. We do not eat fried foods so we knew nuggets were out, and hubby wouldn't want to wait until 9:30 to eat dinner anyway, so I had made an ADR at Le Cellier at 6:00pm, but now with the offering of a free dinner at Sunshine Seasons, I will have to move that adr to another night. I really hope this info pans out to be true as I think it would allow for people to eat at dinner time and way before the 9:30 party start. Also Im assuming since dessert isn't included with this voucher that the mickey bars and ice cream will still be available with the old method. We attended the Moonlight Magic at Epcot in 2016 and it was amazing. All that was offered was Mickey Bars and Fruit bars, Chips, cookies and lemonade. And we were more than happy with even that. The invite says light refreshments, so I find it to go above and beyond that they would then give a free meal to every attendee.

The info as posted on another facebook thread was : Food Vouchers will be available for pick up at the main entrance, International Gateway or over at Innoventions West. They will allow you to get one entrée, one side and one non alcoholic beverage with no price cap at the following locations : Electric Umbrella, Sunshine Seasons, Yorkshire County Fish Shop, and Norway Bakery Kringla Bakeri. The event as you know starts at 9:30 but you can get into the park with your reservation at 7pm. However if you are already in the park on an annual pass or day ticket the dining locations will start excepting the vouchers as early as 6pm.

I came here trying to confirm this info and I've put in a request to join the page where this info appears : Eating Around the World and All Through the Land

Thanks for sharing this info, this would be a great perk!

We have been to 3 events, EPCOT, MK, AK. At MK we witnessed a couple filling shopping bags with the single wrapped cookies. They stopped when we gave them a look. We had to laugh, they weren't even good cookies, just meh. But yes, that's probably why they now have vouchers.

Meal vouchers sound new. We didn't get them for either of the MM events I attended last year. Maybe they are limiting the free food going forward?
That’s what it would seem like...limiting food. I hope not limiting Mickey Bars.

On the Facebook page I follow someone was kind enough to post a photo of the voucher. It does state that ice cream novelties will remain available through out the park ! Yea !! I would post pic here but it keeps telling me the image is to large.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!