• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

medical help

new york 1

Mouseketeer
I know its not the thing to look foward to,But where do you go if someone becomes ill in the WORLD:confused3

Hmm... There are a few answers.

First, your closest cast member can help.

If it's not "urgent" all parks have a first aid station.

Also, in your hotel, guest services can call a doctor to come to your room.

I hope you have a safe trip!

Also if I may chime in:

One thing we always do is bring along a few of the necessities from home:
Children's Tylenol, Ibuprofen (Motrin), aspirin etc. From what I understand the gift shops on property don't regularly stock children's OTC stuff like those I mentioned. And honestly it has been some time since I have checked (since we end up bringing our own!). Check and see with the front desk if they carry some of these essentials.

There is nothing like having a kid with a fever on property and no car and trying to find these things!

If you need OTC meds there is a Walgreen's that is not very far from property, it is off of 192 (by Sherberth Rd.) So if you don't have a car, and are relying on Disney Transportation, a cab would be needed but it shouldn't be "expensive" (in terms of cab fare) to get these items.

If you are seriously SERIOUSLY ill as the PP said tell the front desk and they can usually send up a Doctor or call Reedy Creek. My Aunt had to do an ambulance ride from the parks to an Orlando ER on their last trip. And said they (Reedy Creek EMTs) were very accomadating, took wonderful care of my cousin who had gotten her finger broke in a bathroom door at the Boardwalk, and in all what could have been a nightmare was actually a rather painless experience.

ETA: I found the address of the Walgreen's we stopped at:7767 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747. Depending on where you are on property we found it to be very close. There is another one in the exact opposite direction, but since the property is so large again check with the front desk clerks or your cab driver and they (hopefully) should be able to point you to the closest one.
Hope this helps!

Florida Centra care.....Its like a urgent care. I learned what you need to do in the event of a sick child on our last trip.. Plus they have a shuttle that will pick you up at your resort, and bring you back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter