Medication on airplane

knlasv

Mouseketeer
Does my medication have to be in the original bottle in my carry-on bag or can I put it in a day-to-day pill organizer? Flying Spirit- Cleveland to Orlando.

If you still worried about bringing meds outside their original containers take a picture of the label with your phone. From what I've read the only times when keeping meds in their bottles is necessary is 1) when flying in/out of the country and 2) when carrying large amounts.

If you still worried about bringing meds outside their original containers take a picture of the label with your phone.
How would this help? How would a TSA agent know the little white bill you have in the pill box matches the picture of a label?

Only worry if the scent will set off a sniffer dog (They’re usually only at customs entry points, so you shouldn’t worry.) People are calling all kinds of things “medication” nowadays and the dogs pick up on them.

How would this help? How would a TSA agent know the little white bill you have in the pill box matches the picture of a label?

How would they know any pill in a bottle matches a label on the outside?

While not straight up medication just flew Tuesday night back home and my tums (in the original container) set off for additional screening. I've flown many times through many airports with a tums container and never an issue. In my case I'm guessing maybe the shape because they asked at first if it was sunglasses. A normal pill bottle though probably wouldn't set it off. I chalk it up to a one off experience though.

I fly with a travel bottle that I fill with Ibuprofen and that's never been an issue. The travel bottle is just a generic white cylindrical bottle so no labeling or anything.

While not straight up medication just flew Tuesday night back home and my tums (in the original container) set off for additional screening. I've flown many times through many airports with a tums container and never an issue..

One time I didn't realize I had a tiny part of a Tums wrapper left in my pocket and it set the alarm off and I had to go for additional screening. Apparently a little bit of the foil is enough to activate it.

One time I didn't realize I had a tiny part of a Tums wrapper left in my pocket and it set the alarm off and I had to go for additional screening. Apparently a little bit of the foil is enough to activate it.
Yup my husband has had it go off for the tiniest Kleenex piece. They tell you not to have anything on your pockets though easy to forget :o

Folks need to remember that TSA is concerned about the security of your flight. Drugs aren't something they police.

Yep. In my thoughtlessness, I packed a full size bottle of Pepto Bismol in my carryon. My bag got stopped with TSA and they pulled out the Pepto and had to put it in the machine for the scanner. I apologized profusely to the agent for being so stupid and told her that she could just throw it out. She said "no need, we don't care about medications and would not make you throw it away, but we do need to make sure it's just liquid."

She said "no need, we don't care about medications and would not make you throw it away, but we do need to make sure it's just liquid."

That would be under the liquid medicine rules. It’s ok but needs to be out of the carryon and in a bin so they can see. In this case they care that it’s a medication.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!