Meers vs Tiffany Towncar???

ceecee

DIS Veteran
Please help...we have always been lucky and had family meet us at the airport, this year we are on our own. Which is better Meer's or Tiffany Towncar? There are 3 of us and we will be going in September. Any feedback is appreciated.

Tiffany Towncar!! WE flew our oldest DD and Grand-DD down to WDW the day after we arrived. Tiffany delivered them on time and safely,the driver met DD at baggage claim w/ a sign w/ DD name on it. And helped with the luggage and stoller and car seat. then 4 days later they arrived on time to pick them up and Deliver them back at the Airport worry free!! :) :) :) :)

tink.gif

We've used Mears on 2 prior trips and haven't been very impressed with them. Seems to take forever loading at airport. Drivers indifferent at best. Several stops before reaching our own destination.

This time we're going to use Tiffany. Though we haven't even gotten there yet, I'm already impressed with their service. We're a group of 6, so we'll need a van. But it's our van - no other riders with other stops. Driver will meet us at baggage claim area instead of us trying to find their location at airport. By our request, they'll stop for 1/2 hour at grocery store so we can pick up snack supplies for hotel room. And all this was cheaper for the 6 of us than the Mears price, even with a $3 off/person coupon for Mears. Seemed like a no-brainer to me.

90 honeymoon
95,98, 01 w/kids & grands

The first time in 95 we used mears and they were great i went back down this year and didn't rent a car and my sister and i were there for the week geta way and decide to use mears,
It was a mistake!! they were very rude and throw are luggage in the back of their van instead of placing it in there right , the guy complained the whole time he was sick of his job, needless to say i will never use the again. So please check around first.
Mrsmom

Have used Mears Transportation every time we've gone to WDW...
There's usually a wait to board..some would even consider it to be a "cattle car" operation....the driver's have never been overly friendly..but I don't expect "friendliness" until I arrive at WDW..we always have to go to several other resorts before we get to our own...but I have always found this to be an opportunity
to meet new people from all over the world..a chance to discover plans, dreams, expectations..and memories of earlier events..I have never left a Mears van without an idea or two that I had not thought of earlier...(a plus is..that we get a glimpse of all the other resorts)..
I essentially see Mears as a "means to an end"...they are taking us to our "HAPPY PLACE"..no more..no less.
Since finding these boards however..I plan to use a Towncar service next time...mostly because I like the perk of a 30 minute grocery stop..(notify them in advance) and because I think my dd's would get a real hoot out of seeing a driver.. holding a placard with their name on it..awaiting them at the airport..
For us...it means...LETTING THE MAGIC BEGIN...A LITTLE EARLIER THAN EXPECTED!!!!
In summation...my opinion is..do whatever works for you....GETTING to the WORLD is not nearly as important as is BEING there!!!! :cool:

We used Tiffany Towncar on our first trip to Disney because my husband was meeting us at the hotel and I had both kids and tons of luggage. They met us where we picked our luggage up and we were out of there in no time! On our way he showed the kids different things and really went out of his way to make their first trip into Disney a wonderful memory. They are great!

I strongly recommend Tiffany Towne Car. We used a van because we had 7 people and the driver was Berkley. It was great. Ask for him. He was friendly, on time, helpful with baggage and even my stroller, and just all around great. There is a coupan on their site as well. Do it-you will not be sorry.Carolyn from NJ

goofyandmore

Thanks to everyone who responsed...looks like we'll use Tiffant Towncar!!!

Ask to have Darcy as your driver. Very friendly and nice. We have used TTC and got the grocery stop. It beats standing in line for Mears. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter