Meet me at the Snuggly Duckling! A June 2018 TR. UPDATED 3/8

Another one who wants to try the Cheshire Cat tail pastry and still haven’t either!

Always fun to have a Dis meet.

I love the Tangled area at night with all the lanterns, I think your pictures are very nice!

The mermaid cupcake looks very delicious, I may need to put this on the list also!

While at the Contemporary I took some time to really examine the mural which I have never taken the time to do in the past.
Your photos of the mural are gorgeous!

Next it was onto the monorail for a ride over to the Poly!
Sweet picture of you two!

Back to the monorail to head off to the next resort and along the way all of us riding the monorail got to take in this spectacular full rainbow arching over Seven Seas Lagoon.
Wow! That is spectacular!

First stop was the Basin White store to look for my favourite Earl Grey lip balms that were not sold at the Disney Springs location. My mission was successful and I was able to pick up a few.
I love those too! I completely forgot to go to Basin White last summer, must remember in July!

We got to use our refillable mugs again so it really paid off to bring them with us this day.
They are great to have at Gasparilla Grill with the freestyle machines!

I always forget how much fun this ride is and it sometimes becomes an afterthought for me in my planning.
It's so fun! I loved having the little peek into the Tron area too.

I loved Happily Ever After just as much as the first time!
I love it too!

Otherwise I think this photopass opportunity is lovely and I hope it is still around on my next trip so I can try to get some slightly less awkward photos. The only real negative of this photopass spot is that it is so popular that they rush you through it but that may also have been because we were there right at park close time. They run it like a well-oiled machine churning us all through it - look straight forward, look down, look up, look at each other. I think it took a minute to get our photos taken. :laughing: This doesn't allow for much originality or variety of poses.
The shot of you and your mom looking at each other is sweet. I don't think you look awkward at all.

I think the Tangled lantern photos turned out really lovely. Some great shots set in a beautiful part of the park.

Glad you were able to finally cross paths with the fellow DISer and pull off a meet! It's always fun running into DIS friends in the parks.

Nice being able to have a DIS meet!

It was nice running into each other especially as it was unplanned. A nice surprise!

I didn't realize it closed so early. The Cheshire Tail was on my "to try" list but we never did get around to it. Just as well since most of our MK days were either early morning or late night.

I was so disappointed it was closed. Silly me, I just assumed that all food service stands etc would be open until park close.

My family wanted to get this done, but every time we walked past there was at least 20 people in line and we assumed it would take more than half an hour. Perhaps it goes faster though. Oh well, something for next time.

The line moved pretty quickly as they were very efficient with posing you and moving on.

Another one who wants to try the Cheshire Cat tail pastry and still haven’t either!

Always fun to have a Dis meet.

I love the Tangled area at night with all the lanterns, I think your pictures are very nice!

The mermaid cupcake looks very delicious, I may need to put this on the list also!

At least you have a few trips coming up where you can try out that sought after tail!

The dis meet was fun and we laughed about how we basically had the same itinerary but were just missing each other. She said she would see my instagram post and they would have just left that area. :laughing:

They are great to have at Gasparilla Grill with the freestyle machines!

The freestyle machines were great!

I think the Tangled lantern photos turned out really lovely. Some great shots set in a beautiful part of the park.

Glad you were able to finally cross paths with the fellow DISer and pull off a meet! It's always fun running into DIS friends in the parks.

I love the Tangled area. I hope they keep the photopass opportunity around so I can try again on my next trip.

Just trying to get caught back up again. I had missed 2 updates, and loved reading them both!! THe rainbow was incredible!

I have no idea they made a memorial to the little boy. :(

The sad memorial for the little boy that lost his life here.

It is quite lovely.

Love that you got Dole Whips there together!

That sandwich at Gasparilla sounded quite nice! I think the jam on it would be perfect!

June 18 - EPCOT

I had set my alarm for 0630 but when it went off I just could not drag myself out of bed so I turned it off and slept a bit longer. I didn't end up getting out of bed until 0800. It was almost the end of vacation and I was starting to feel the early mornings and late nights.

When we finally made our way out of the room it was to a bustling bus stop. We saw a cast member at the bus stops monitoring the bus flow and I could only assume it was due to the Magic Kingdom bus fiasco of the day before.

It was a good thing the cast member was there as he ended up having to divert an Animal kingdom bus to go to EPCOT as there were a lot of people waiting and the board was saying a bus wasn't going to come for another 30 minutes.

When we got to Epcot the bag check was insanely busy. I was facing the consequence of sleeping in. :laughing:

We were finally in the park at 0940.

We made it over to Test Track right before our fastpass window closed. We hadn't been on it since it was refurbished so the design a car pre-show was new to us.

Here is our eyesore of a car. :laughing:

IMG_5413 by Lessa Polnicky, on Flickr

Turns out it was great on efficiency but performed horribly in every other way.

Mom decided to try out her new cooling cloth as it was once again sweltering outside.

We made our way to Living with the Land to use our fastpass before our lunch reservation. The wait here was longer than I have ever seen it in the past, I am used to this ride having no line! The wait was long enough, that even with a fastpass, I considered skipping it as I was worried about getting to our ADR. Mom said we should stick it out.

I found it interesting seeing all the edible plants. For instance, I had no idea day lilies were edible.

When we got off the ride we really had to book it to get to our reservation. We had a lunch ADR at Beaches and Cream so we had quite a ways to go.

Even though we were in a rush I still managed to get some photos in while speed walking.

As we were going through World Showcase I saw a random collection of characters out for photos in the walkway that leads back to the building used for special events. I told Mom to keep heading to Beaches and Cream and that I would catch up. I wish I could have gotten pictures with all the characters but I picked the two more uncommon ones.

The race continued and then I was halted again when I found Merida out at the International Gateway. I had to stop for her as I never got to see her in Magic Kingdom. In fact, I have never met with Merida in all of our trips.

I assume all these characters were in training since there was no photopass and they were in unusual locations.

I caught up with Mom just outside the park on the path to the Beach Club. Based on the time stamps on my photos I made it from The Land to The Beach Club Resort in 15 minutes and that included stopping for three characters meets and snapping some scenery photos on the way. I was a hot mess by the time I got there but I think 15 minutes to do all that is pretty impressive!

I would have thrown myself in that pool if I was allowed in. :laughing:

LwtL has become a victim of the FP+ system! Use to be the best filler ride without a wait, not anymore!

Love the character meets, good job managing your time!

It's amazing how backed up the buses and bag checks can get right at opening times.

15 minutes to get to Beaches and Cream is really impressive! That's no small walk, and when you have to do it in the middle of summer...that's tough.

Did your mom like the cooling cloth? I liked that hers was a Mickey design, just curious to hear if they made a difference.

When we got to Epcot the bag check was insanely busy. I was facing the consequence of sleeping in. :laughing:

LOL! It's ALWAYS insanely busy no matter what time of day. Seriously, I don't get it!

45659211364_09073c3224_z.jpg

I've seen way worse.

My own.

Love this one!

And... 15 minutes WITH character meets and lovely photos isn't bad at ALL!! Good job!

Great pics with the random characters! It's always nice to stumble upon stuff like that!

I wish WDW had random characters out more often. It is all well and good to be able to plan ahead but those extra surprises you encounter can add that extra magic to a day.

LwtL has become a victim of the FP+ system! Use to be the best filler ride without a wait, not anymore!

Love the character meets, good job managing your time!

I agree that the lines at LwTL are due to FP+, it's a shame.

I was pretty proud that I managed to squeeze those characters in and hustle to the Beach Club in 15 minutes. :laughing:

It's amazing how backed up the buses and bag checks can get right at opening times.

15 minutes to get to Beaches and Cream is really impressive! That's no small walk, and when you have to do it in the middle of summer...that's tough.

Did your mom like the cooling cloth? I liked that hers was a Mickey design, just curious to hear if they made a difference.

I think the monorail/bus bag check at Epcot is the worst out of all the parks. Too may people and not enough bag check stations.

She did like the cooling cloth. It was nice for her to have something to help cool off.

LOL! It's ALWAYS insanely busy no matter what time of day. Seriously, I don't get it!

I've seen way worse.

My own.

Love this one!

And... 15 minutes WITH character meets and lovely photos isn't bad at ALL!! Good job!

Thanks! I couldn't believe that I managed to do all that in 15 minutes.

June 18 - EPCOT

It was sweet relief walking into the air conditioning of Beaches and Cream after after hasty walk in the summer heat.

Not too bad considering my mad dash. I couldn't believe I wasn't a red faced drippy mess. :laughing:

Mom got the Cheese and Bacon Fries - topped with cheese sauce, bacon, red onions and garlic peppercorn ranch.

I usually get a burger when we eat here but I decided to try out the Grilled Cheese as I had read good things. I did substitute the tomato bisque soup it comes with for fries as I wasn't feeling soup on this hot summer day.

And you can't go to Beaches and Cream and not get dessert!

Mom got the Brownie with vanilla ice cream and asked them to hold the hot fudge and whipped cream. :confused3

I usually get the No Way Jose but it is a huge sundae and I knew I would not be able to come anywhere near finishing it so I opted to try a milkshake instead.

Our meal was good but I think I will stick to my tried and true of burger and No Way Jose when I return.

I really love the Beach Club and I'm hoping to rent a two bedroom villa here for our big family trip in 2021.

We decided it was time to head back to the resort for some pool time. Rather than walking back to the front of Epcot to catch a bus to our resort we decided to catch a bus from Beach Club to Animal Kingdom and then get a bus from there back to AKL.

Our plan worked really well as an Animal Kingdom bus showed up quickly and there was an AKL bus waiting at AK when we arrived. Much more efficient than walking to the front of Epcot.

There were lots of animals hanging out by our room that afternoon.

Down at the pool we were able to snag a spot that I had had my eye on and it became my favourite spot. It was in a quiet corner which offered partial shade, minimal foot traffic, and a pretty little stream.

It was a lovely afternoon at the pool. I really enjoyed our afternoon breaks and I plan to incorporate them into our plans from now on.

I spent some time reading in my lounge chair and some time floating around in the pool. They had a Disney trivia game going on so I decided to join in. Some of the questions were pretty hard! While playing the trivia game I made friends with a five year old who swam up to me and gave me a watering can and asked me to "water the roses" with her. :laughing: It was sweet but also worrisome that a child would be so willing to approach a stranger.

After a few hours of R&R at the resort we made our way back to Epcot where we decided to use our second anytime fastpass from the DVC tour on Soarin.

This time I asked if we could go into the middle section of seats and they placed us in the front row! Never hurts to ask! This ride was much nicer without the distortion of being on the end.

Thanks! I couldn't believe that I managed to do all that in 15 minutes.

It's like you have a superpower!

And you can't go to Beaches and Cream and not get dessert!

It's just not done.

Our meal was good but I think I will stick to my tried and true of burger and No Way Jose when I return.

But good to try other things now and then.

Much more efficient than walking to the front of Epcot.

For sure!

Down at the pool we were able to snag a spot that I had had my eye on and it became my favourite spot. It was in a quiet corner which offered partial shade, minimal foot traffic, and a pretty little stream.

That sounds unbelievably relaxing and peaceful. Love this picture!

It was sweet but also worrisome that a child would be so willing to approach a stranger.

Hm, maybe she knows Disney is a pretty safe place, but would be a bit more cautious otherwise?

I LOVE your dresses, but especially yours, Lessa!

The No Way Jose is one of Beaches and Cream's best sundaes, but I'm sure the milkshake was a nice change. And now you can say you gave it a try.

Love all the giraffe shots from your room. I bet it was an incredibly relaxing afternoon, watching them for a bit then reading by the pool. That little stream looked really neat, too!

And as the parent of an outgoing kid, talking to strangers can be inevitable. No matter how many times I tell my son not to randomly start up a conversation with someone next to him, he can't resist. :sad2::sad2:

I really enjoyed our afternoon breaks and I plan to incorporate them into our plans from now on.
On Spring and Fall trips my family has done occasional afternoon breaks, but on a Summer trip, yes, I think they are necessary. At least if you're not used to the heat down south.

This time I asked if we could go into the middle section of seats and they placed us in the front row! Never hurts to ask!
With Soarin' I usually just left it to chance where I sat. it never used to be an issue. But after experiencing the droopy Eiffel Tower on the new version, I will probably do the same and ask for the middle section.

It's like you have a superpower!

I certainly felt like it! :laughing:

But good to try other things now and then.

Very true, I am always getting teased for sticking to the same stuff all the time.

Hm, maybe she knows Disney is a pretty safe place, but would be a bit more cautious otherwise?

I hope so!

I LOVE your dresses, but especially yours, Lessa!

Thank You!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts