Melting Chocolate Chips?

Disney Ontario

Ontario Disney
:wave2: Hi Before christmas, I went and bought one of those Electric Chocolate melting Pots. Now I lost the recipes. I melted white chocolate chips on saturday and it wanted to stiffen up. How do I keep the chips soft and smooth? Do I have to add butter or liquid?

I would add extra butter when actually melting it. I would also say "Ditch the Electronic." Double boiling the chocolate will help keep it smooth! Also if it hardens, add about a spoonful of butter and microwave chocolate until it starts to "remelt." Hope I helped!

~Jessie~

If the chocolate wants to harden up it's cause it got to hot!!! When I made candy all the time with the confectioners chocolate I melted a lot of mine in microwave. Be careful doing that. set timer for 1 minute for a pound of chocolate. Then stir then go at 30 second intervals stirring well each time.

To keep the chocolate warm I set my bowls in electric skillet with a little water in it (DO NOT GET WATER IN YOUR CHOCOLATE it will harden like a rock!!!) The skillet was set on warm or just a little above and I mean a little. This way I could work for hours making candy while sittin at the kitchen table adding a few chocolate wafer thingys as needed.

The double boiler method works for just a small amount of chocolate but if I was gonna do it for any length of time I'd go with the electric skillet so I could sit and work as much as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter