Member double beach towel

tiggr33

DVC '97
Sorry if in another thread, search didnt turn up anything.

Has anyone else received a double beach towel? My GF got a package from DVC yesterday and when we opened the box, it looked like a terry cloth bag. We opened it up and there was a double beach blanket in the bag, along with sand stakes to keep it in place .

I am also a member and I didn't get anything. Has anyone else? The box had over $8 in postage on it.

not here but that would be nice. I love free stuff that my marketing money pays for.

Nope, I didn't get anything. I've never received anything (other than gilicee and my initial backpack). Is this something they do often?

Did she just add on (@ Vero or HH)?:confused3

Nope. She did do an add-on last year at SSR, but so did I (seperate contracts). I checked on ebay too see if they were there, like the glicee's were listed before I got mine. There is only one listed. So are either just shipping, or it's a random thing, I wonder.

Wow-they were giving some of these away on our cruise last month-I'd love to get one! They had some other very nice towels too.

How cool is that!! I have been trying to organize a gift basket with beach towels for my kids upon our arrival in June. And no luck!! Anyway, it would be a welcome treat to receive one in the mail!! Maybe your friend was one of the "Year of a Million Dreams" winners. Good for her!

I hope we all get one too!! I got one of the Vero Beach towels when they first opened Vero Beach. It is the cutest towel. We won it when we went to an open house at VB years ago. We never use it!! LOL!! Maybe I will this year now that i think of it!!

Was there any note/promo card with it? Must have been a nice surprise to find that in the mail!

Nope, I didn't get anything. I've never received anything (other than gilicee and my initial backpack). Is this something they do often?

I didn't receive those, either...no towel, no glicee, no backpack...

Was there any note/promo card with it? Must have been a nice surprise to find that in the mail!

Nope. It was a plain brown box, with a white label with the return address of DVC. It had over $8.00 is USPS Priority mail postage. There was nothing in the package beside the towel and the stakes. I see nothing on the DVC site about them.

Did she recently attend a DVC member event (like the weekly member meeting)? I know that we have attended events in the past, entered drawings, and then left the event before a winner was drawn. If that was the case, perhaps she won something and they sent the prize to her home. :confused3

When I was on a cruise a couple of months ago, they were giving them out to the member who got the most people to go to the prospective member event on the ship. They said they were only giving them out on the ships when we were there.

Strange that she was randomly sent that. Maybe her guide really likes her. hehe

Did she recently attend a DVC member event (like the weekly member meeting)? I know that we have attended events in the past, entered drawings, and then left the event before a winner was drawn. If that was the case, perhaps she won something and they sent the prize to her home. :confused3

Nope to this theory too. She hasn't been on property since November 06.

1.) What a nice surprise! Did she enter the DVC Castle Stay contest? Maybe this was a prize they sent to some of the entrants?

2.) I totally need one of these! Can you imagine how many chairs I could reserve at Stormalong Bay with this!?!?!

;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter