Member Lounge in Epcot to remain open throughout 2018

erionm

DIS Veteran
DVC has announced via a Disney Parks Blog post the the Member Lounge at the Imagination Pavilion will remain open through 2018.

Member Lounge: Launched in 2016 as part of our Disney Vacation Club celebration of “25 years and beyond,” the Member Lounge on the second floor of the Imagination! Pavilion at Epcot became an instant hit, welcoming more than 180,000 Members and special guests to this secluded (and delightfully air-conditioned) space during its first year. The lounge’s popularity prompted its extended operation in 2017, and I’m pleased to report that it’s currently scheduled to remain open throughout 2018. Stop by the lounge (entering through the Imagination! Pavilion’s merchandise shop) between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily to enjoy comfortable seating areas, complimentary soft drinks, Wi-Fi service, device-charging stations, computers with printers, a children’s play area, access to Member Service Advisors and more.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...nish-strong-with-membership-magic-ever-after/

So happy to hear this news! We really enjoyed it when we visited it and hoped it would stay open.

As a resale purchaser am I eligable to use this lounge
The lounge is not supplied by DVC and doesn't feature in anybody's contract. It's paid for by DVD, effectively it's marketing to sell more new timeshare. They get it on a low rent I imagine as it was unused space (ex sponsors area) in Epcot. This is why they don't give any commitment to it- first Disney will reclaim the area once it has a use for it, and second DVD won't want to commit long term to paying for it. Post April 2016 resale buyers, Ken effectively decided they are not getting any more DVD free marketing spend.

Last time at Epcot we completely forgot about the Lounge ! Ugh! And we will not be back next year! Going to HHI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter