Member Services Breaking 11 Month Rule!

I honestly have no idea. I guess as October has 31 days then you cannot book for October 8th next year? I am clueless. I assumed it was just 11 months, but then I have never tried going in on the 31st of a month before and trying to book. The whole 11 month booking thing has been a bit dodgy for several days. WDW is either trying to deter DVC members filling up rooms for 50th anniversary ahead of time; or since they had lay-offs ,they have one heck of an IT problem. If I were them I would be super glad that someone wanted to book the room and pay for it already. I would try again at 9ET if I were you. The "problems" usually work themselves out by then.

Yep. I am still getting 30 September to 7 October. Shouldn't it be October 1st to October 8 today?

I honestly have no idea. I guess as October has 31 days then you cannot book for October 8th next year? I am clueless. I assumed it was just 11 months, but then I have never tried going in on the 31st of a month before and trying to book. The whole 11 month booking thing has been a bit dodgy for several days. WDW is either trying to deter DVC members filling up rooms for 50th anniversary ahead of time; or since they had lay-offs ,they have one heck of an IT problem. If I were them I would be super glad that someone wanted to book the room and pay for it already. I would try again at 9ET if I were you. The "problems" usually work themselves out by then.

You cannot book October 1, 2021 until November 1, 2020. The farthest you can book today (10/31/20) is September 30, - October 7, 2021. (October 7, 2021 would be the check out date). That's just the way the software is written. It's worked that way for as long as I can remember.

So for example, you can only book for check in starting September 30th 2021 today, but you could also do that yesterday. You cannot book for a vacation starting October 1st 2021 until tomorrow, November 1st 2020. I do wonder what happens with February which only has 28 days though. I haven't figured that one out yet. On the "dodgy" comment, that was in reference to the "holes" which have been coming up in the availability of rooms. I guess I needed to make that part clear. Some days the "holes" have fixed themselves by the time 9 ET arrives. Thanks for the info CarolMN :)

So here is the wording regarding trades. Open to interpretation and the use of the words in their discretion, may or may not be relevant. Again, doesn’t say they can...but doesn’t say they can’t.

View attachment 535474
This wording is actually not ambiguous at all. It explicitly say that the member assigns to DVD “all occupancy and use rights associated with the Member’s Ownership Interest and attributable to the Member’s allocated Vacation Points.” Unless the member has rights to book before the 11 month window, then rights to book before the 11 month window are not passed over to DVD when the Member trades out. So I guess DVD could reserve rooms ahead of the 11 month window if a Member who owned a fixed week traded out. But that example cannot account for the amount of rooms they are grabbing before the members have an opportunity to book them.

It is also significant that the way they are taking rooms clearly does not work to the benefit of the DVC membership, but actively works against it.

You will not be able to book January 29, 30, 31 or February 1 until March 1.
I believe this is how I was able to get a AKV CL studio a couple of years. "Walks" need to be 5 days long in order the bridge the two months together and I am guessing some folks walking did not have enough points to block 5 days. (1/28, 1/29, 1/30, 1/31, and 2/1). So at 8am on 3/1, I got my room.

Yep. I am still getting 30 September to 7 October. Shouldn't it be October 1st to October 8 today?

No because today is the 31st. Since September doesn’t have one,you are still locked into the 30th.

The 1st doesn’t open until tomorrow.

This wording is actually not ambiguous at all. It explicitly say that the member assigns to DVD “all occupancy and use rights associated with the Member’s Ownership Interest and attributable to the Member’s allocated Vacation Points.” Unless the member has rights to book before the 11 month window, then rights to book before the 11 month window are not passed over to DVD when the Member trades out. So I guess DVD could reserve rooms ahead of the 11 month window if a Member who owned a fixed week traded out. But that example cannot account for the amount of rooms they are grabbing before the members have an opportunity to book them.

It is also significant that the way they are taking rooms clearly does not work to the benefit of the DVC membership, but actively works against it.

I believe it is but some good points have been made, especially the one in which it is a perk vs, part of the POS.

Just sharing what I found.

ETA: I am not saying they aren’t pulling rooms in a nature that supports only this either...,just that there may be more than we know and someone would have to really fight it.

Plus, some of the categories taken have so many rooms that it would have been easier for them, if they truly wanted to book a few ahead of time, to do it without members noticing because all you have to do is leave one room available for it to show correctly on the website,

The more I check, the more I am leaning toward more of a computer than a deliberate attempt, including to stop walking for those popular days.

None of it makes sense.

Last edited:
So this morning at 07:00 CST I went and tried to get 1- 6 October 2021. 2 bedroom at CCV. Everything was availabl. But it said I was outside my window. Which is bs. I have CCV as my second resort. Plus I have plenty of CCV points for 2021.So I went back to try again and everything was gone. Now I am pissed. now I have to wait an hour to chew on people. I will be nice but this is beyond bad.

Sorry you missed out. Hope you have good luck with a waitlist.

It's possible that your clock was just a bit ahead of Disney's. It's also possible that you were too far along in the booking process. Maybe someone else will know for sure, but I seem to recall you can only go so far in the booking process before 8:00 am eastern. If you go too far, then the system denies you. It's also possible (even most likely) that there was only one or two rooms available, and that people had faster computers than you have. There has been a huge interest in 10/1 reservations and the competition fierce, especially for the MK resorts.

Again, sorry.

So this morning at 07:00 CST I went and tried to get 1- 6 October 2021. 2 bedroom at CCV. Everything was availabl. But it said I was outside my window. Which is bs. I have CCV as my second resort. Plus I have plenty of CCV points for 2021.So I went back to try again and everything was gone. Now I am pissed. now I have to wait an hour to chew on people. I will be nice but this is beyond bad.

2 days ago that happened to me. I hit it at 8 AM Eastern, but may have been a second faster than Disney. Yesterday I got in and half way through the reservation I got the dreaded 7 Dwarfs error, when I went back in Resv’s were gone. Finally today was able to get Poly!

It's also possible that you were too far along in the booking process. Maybe someone else will know for sure, but I seem to recall you can only go so far in the booking process before 8:00 am eastern. If you go too far, then the system denies you.

Not to hijack the thread, but can someone refresh us as to exactly how far you can go pre-8am est in the booking process? I had some of the error messages above when trying to book my September 2021 reservations and can never remember exactly how far in the process to go before 8am. Thx

Not to hijack the thread, but can someone refresh us as to exactly how far you can go pre-8am est in the booking process? I had some of the error messages above when trying to book my September 2021 reservations and can never remember exactly how far in the process to go before 8am. Thx
I'll just post what I do...others may have different opinions but this has gotten me Value and Club studios recently. I go in before 8AM and select the room....I try to continue and let the warning pop up about not being 8AM yet. I leave the pop up there and then at 8AM I click on the Close and Refresh button (I think that's what it says). Quickly open the room that I'm trying to get and click continue. I had been trying to be at the point where you hit Continue to book the room right at 8AM but that never seemed to work.

I'll just post what I do...others may have different opinions but this has gotten me Value and Club studios recently. I go in before 8AM and select the room....I try to continue and let the warning pop up about not being 8AM yet. I leave the pop up there and then at 8AM I click on the Close and Refresh button (I think that's what it says). Quickly open the room that I'm trying to get and click continue. I had been trying to be at the point where you hit Continue to book the room right at 8AM but that never seemed to work.
But wouldn't that require more clicks? I've gotten all my values by just going to the point where I hit "Continue."
I've gotten the box that says I'm outside my booking window when using Chrome. I had to switch to Safari.

Sometime in the last year it seems to have changed for me. You used to be able to search before 8:00:00 and be looking at the availability calendar and right at 8 et you could hit continue. Now I need to actually wait to search until 8:00:00 then quickly open the detailed calendar and hit continue. If I do the search before 8, I can wait a minute to hit continue and it is still “too early”. I think refreshing the results is the same as doing a search AFTER 8:00:00.

Just my own personal experience, but when I've tried recently to hit Continue just after 8 I never seem to get it...when I refresh first then continue I've been able to get both even though it takes an extra second. I even had a couple of times where I hit continue just after 8, got an error, then refreshed and the room was still there...by the time I continued the room was then gone. No idea why but it works for me lol It may just require waiting a couple of seconds after 8AM to make the Continue option work though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter