Membership Account Creation For 1st Time Resale Buyers How Long Does Disney Take?

Bear_1989

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

I've tried to search the boards but not had much luck with finding a clear answer. Can anyone tell me approximatley how long Disney takes to create a membership for a new member who has just bought a resale contract?

I closed on the 26th of December 2023 and I can see the deed has been registered in my name on the OCO online but I haven't heard anything from Disney yet. I'm keen to get my trip booked before my 11-month window closes and was wondering if there's anything I can do to help speed the process along.

Thanks

Mine took this long:
Contract Closed on 07/19
Email Received With Confirmation Code on 07/29
Total Elapsed Time of 10 days but the closing email clearly states it can take upward of 5 weeks.
You closed during the end of year so some member services were likely closed for the holidays, people taking vacations and what not, so it shouldn't be much longer then off to more Disney pixel dust you go :-)

Mine took this long:
Contract Closed on 07/19
Email Received With Confirmation Code on 07/29
Total Elapsed Time of 10 days but the closing email clearly states it can take upward of 5 weeks.
You closed during the end of year so some member services were likely closed for the holidays, people taking vacations and what not, so it shouldn't be much longer then off to more Disney pixel dust you go :-)
Thanks, I hope your right, we are so excited about booking my first DVC trip !

Thanks, I have had a read of this thread but seems people don't always update there posts, so most of the recent posts don't have much in the way of timing post closing date.

I closed on 12/22 and the contract only just showed up today… slightly longer than usual. So I would expect another week before yours comes if you are are new member. Fingers crossed it’s quick for you

I closed on my contracts on 12/29, got the deeds, and now waiting on Disney as well. I'm hoping they come up soon as I have a trip in February coming up during which I am considering upgrading our tickets to annual passes, but knowing what trips would be available before our trip would definitely help. I hope it is around 10 days like people are experiencing!

Hi All,

I've tried to search the boards but not had much luck with finding a clear answer. Can anyone tell me approximatley how long Disney takes to create a membership for a new member who has just bought a resale contract?

I closed on the 26th of December 2023 and I can see the deed has been registered in my name on the OCO online but I haven't heard anything from Disney yet. I'm keen to get my trip booked before my 11-month window closes and was wondering if there's anything I can do to help speed the process along.

Thanks
My deed was recorded 12/26 too and I’m an existing member and I’m still waiting for it to show up on my account (not sure if its longer for new members or not 🤷🏼‍♀️) I assume they’re slightly behind because of the holidays and closings, I’m really hoping it’s early next week.

It’s funny last time I purchased a resale contract was when we first became members and we bought direct from Disney pretty much exactly the same time and so I had immediate direct points to play with so I didn’t pay attention all that much to when the resale contract and points showed up on our account. Now it’s like watching paint dry, I check 10x a day😅 Plus I’m waiting for sellers of another contract we’re purchasing to send their closing documents (it’s been a month since it passed ROFR and we sent all our funds and documents- so annoying!), it’s been a long month of waiting.

If there was ever a thing to get me to buy more direct points is having borrowed all our points from next year and now having to wait impatiently for our resale contracts to come through. I’m near ready to call up my guide now just for the immediate satisfaction 😂

Update for anyone who's intrested

My membership actiavation came through in the evening (UK Time) January 5th, so 10 days after closing. Still waiting on my points to load, my new hourly hobby is to check for points. Spoke to MS who said it can take a while???? whatever that means

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter