Memory Maker - how do they get ride photos of the right people?

Actually, if you have a MB you don't have to scan at all. All photos scan via RFID, even those with touch points. Scanning is redundant/unnecessary.

I'd say all the MB type 1 are too old to work via RFID now. DD has a few she still uses and when we ride her copies of photos don't appear in my account. I can tell because as PP said, you'll get a copy for each person in your group. We only get 3

But unlike PP, we rarely get the wrong photos, once every 5 trips I guess, 1 ride will be wrong. Ride photos are my least favorite photo so I've never attempted to get the right one. I didn't even realize it was possible. I knew we could get missing photos but never thought about it for ride photos. Good to know if it ever does matter.

I've heard several first hand accounts of people not getting ride photos, and as such, at any ride where there is a touch point, the couple of seconds it takes to claim your photo is insurance against it not showing up as it should.

In the even that a ride photo does not get linked to your account, contact the photopass people about missing photos, tell them the ride, date and time, and if you can send them another picture of your party from that same day, it will greatly increase their odds of finding your missing ride photo. This holds true for any other missing photo as well.

I've heard several first hand accounts of people not getting ride photos, and as such, at any ride where there is a touch point, the couple of seconds it takes to claim your photo is insurance against it not showing up as it should.

In the even that a ride photo does not get linked to your account, contact the photopass people about missing photos, tell them the ride, date and time, and if you can send them another picture of your party from that same day, it will greatly increase their odds of finding your missing ride photo. This holds true for any other missing photo as well.
Like I said, in our thousands of rides, I can count on 1 hand the number of times we've missed a ride photo. So yeah, it can happen and yeah you can touch the scanner. Simply pointed out that if you didn't want to fight your way to the scanner it isn't necessary. Not required. That's all I said. Some don't even realize that. Some think you have to. Because it sure does take more than a few seconds to shove through the crowds of people looking at the photos.

Like I said, in our thousands of rides, I can count on 1 hand the number of times we've missed a ride photo. So yeah, it can happen and yeah you can touch the scanner. Simply pointed out that if you didn't want to fight your way to the scanner it isn't necessary. Not required. That's all I said. Some don't even realize that. Some think you have to. Because it sure does take more than a few seconds to shove through the crowds of people looking at the photos.

On the occasions that I've claimed photos that way, it has never taken me very long. Maybe I'm just good at shoving my way through :) In the past, I've not claimed many photos that way, on occasion we have, usually at TSMM, but this past year, I've read a couple of different accounts of folks not getting their photos, so just figured that I'd put it out there that it apparently does happen, and I suppose, if you get home after your trip, and a ride photo you really wanted somehow didn't show up, at that point it isn't going to matter to you one bit what the odds of that happening are, or exactly how rare it is. Tapping in to make sure you get the photo is cheap insurance, but to each their own.

Sigh. Of course, it's from 2015. No way to charge or replace the battery, I assume?
No, no way to charge, or replace the battery. You can get a basic MB for $13 I believe. Really not terribly expensive, and even if you could replace the battery, it would likely be a $3 plus battery, so we are talking about a $10 difference in cost. Compared to the overall cost of a Disney trip, this isn't horribly expensive.

Just as a side note if pictures are important to you I would watch your account pretty hard to make sure you get them all. We always get the current version of Memory Maker on our trips and always miss a picture or 2 which is no biggie. But on this last trip we were missing a TON - several ride photos and tons of actual posed photos. Seeing as we were almost always traveling as a group of 12 it was fairly easy to track down our missing pictures but if I hadn't noticed a day in that we were missing some and started keeping track it would have been hard to remember at the end what all we were missing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter