Menu Question

Piglette

Disneyphile
I have MS so was poking around the site for tips for folks with MS. But while I was here, I wondered about something else, that I know will sound petty and trivial. But here it is...

I have a band around my stomach that allows me to eat very little food. The doctor has given me a card that says I should be allowed to order off the child's menu. Is that something that Disney might accommodate? If so, what's the best way to make the request? When I'm actually at the restaurant? Or should I get something from guest services beforehand?

Thanks for your help. Obviously not a big issue compared to the other issues I'm trying to figure out (of most concern, dealing with the heat with MS), but thought y'all might know the answer to this one.

Thanks!

You can always order off the kids menu. My mom can't eat that much and does it all the time.

The kdis menu's at WDW leave a lot to be desired unless you love chicken fingers and PB&J's. Another option is to order just an appetizer (there are some incredible ones there!) or at some restaurants they are able to prepare a "half portion" of some entrees. Talk to your server, I've found that they are very helpful in dealing with special needs!

Anne

On the restaurant board there was a thread about adults or even childrern over 9y ordering from the children's menu being charged double the children's price for the same meal. I would go the appetizer route.

I would think that if you bring documentation, they will let you order from the children's menu at the reduced price. In my experience, WDW is very accommodating of food related special needs. My husband is allergic to chicken (weird, I know!), and even at pre-plated meals, they are more than happy to do substitutions. At Hoop-Dee-Doo, they even offered to cook him something that is not on the regular menu, if needed. Ask when you call to make Priority Seatings and they can give you more info. and make a note on your resrvation.
Barb

There have beeen reports of people with bands/bypass who were only charged the child's price at buffets, especially because it was obvious to the server that very lttle food was actually being eaten.

I don't think you will have trouble with them accomidating you.
The "older kids being charged double" that another poster mentioned is apparently something new. As far as I can tell, it's just for the sit down restaurants. The counter service places don't care who orders what.

We were last at WDW in April and I shared with my youngest DD quite a few times since neither of us are big eaters.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Not trying to be cheap, but it does seem silly to order full meals when I can eat less than my toddler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter