• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MerryPoppins is having surgery tomorrow * Update from her DH *

going2wdw

Praying for peace
Our fellow scrapper MerryPoppins is scheduled for her cancer surgery tomorrow. I've included a link to her original support thread where she's updated it with surgery information. She needs load of pixie dust and prayers to get her through this and the treatments.

MerryPoppins support thread - surgery update

She has been in my thoughts all day. I hope that everything is going well.

I received a note from MerryPoppins DH. I'm including it here. Sounds like everything went okay and she's over the worst of it.

Hi there!

This is Allen reporting on Missy's progress.

Missy went into surgery at 11:00 am today. The performed the simple mastectomy with no problems. Before the surgery Missy had a radioactive tracer placed in the breast that was going to be removed. They follow the radioactive material and remove the lymph node that collects it. If there is any lymph nodes that would have cancer, that would be the one
involved.

Happy to say, they tracer worked and they removed the one lymph node and will test it. The chances are very slight that the cancer would have spread to there, but we wanted to be safe.

The surgery took about 3.5 hours with an hour of recovery. She is doing fine, if a bit woosy from the Demerol. We fully expect that she will be able to come home on Sunday. We will have the path test back on the breast tissues removed (from both the mastectomy and the reduction to the other side) and on the lymph node.

Both of us send our love and thanks to the many friends that have shown both of us support in these days. It is heartening to know how many dear friends we have.

Well...

I've got to feed the dogs and all that fun stuff and get ready for tomorrow morning.

Take care everyone,
Allen and Missy

Thanks a bunch for all the prayers and pixie dust. My reports came back. I am now cancer free! Still sore and tire easily. Food keeps rolling in, so I'll soon have new recipes to share with all of you! Loads of love and smiles. :)

Big {{{{hugs}}}} back at you! So happy about the great news. Glad to see you on line. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter