Message From Pete - Breast Cancer Walk

Disney Campers

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone:

During DISCon last week, I had the pleasure of running into Deb Wills. Many of you know Deb from her unofficial Disney site (http://www.wdwig.com). I have known Deb for a few years and have always felt she was an extraordinary woman. I recently came to learn that she is even more extraordinary than I realized. In the spring of 2002, Deb will celebrate her 16th anniversary of being breast-cancer free, and she has undertaken what I consider to be a great challenge. She will be participating in two 60 mile walks with 3000 other courageous individuals to help raise both money and awareness in the fight against breast cancer. These walks will be held in both San Diego, CA and Washington, DC.

Deb has asked me to help her in her efforts to raise money for this very worthy event. In light of the fact that this site lost one of its closest friends, Sylvia Murray, to breast cancer this year, I am asking everyone that visits this site to help. I am personally donating $500 to Deb's efforts and I ask all of you to do what you can to help. All too often the internet and the communities that form on it come under criticism and scrutiny. From our site, I have always seen that our community has great compassion and a willingness to help wherever we can, and I ask that in that tradition, we do all we can to help Deb in this endeavor.

If you are able to donate to the cause, checks should be made payable to Avon Breast Cancer 3 day, and sent to:

Deb Wills
PO Box 524
Rockville, MD 20848

There is no amount of money too small to donate. Anything you can offer brings us that much closer to a cure. Deb has told me that she would be honored to carry the name of any loved one who has been touched by breast cancer, and that you should include that information with your donation.

Thanks everyone for reading this, and thanks for your support of this most worthy effort.

God bless.

Pete

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter