Mexican food

robinmy

Earning My Ears
I've visited WDW a couple of times, but I've never ate Mexican food there (my favorite) since my friends and family do not care for it. This trip I'm going with my cousins who all like Mexican food. I'm trying to decide which restaurant to make an ADR at. So who has the best Mexican food?

I've been looking at San Angel Inn Restaurante at Epcot, Maya Grill at Coronado Springs Resort, or Frontera Cocina at Disney Springs. So, any thoughts or recommendations for these restaurants? Based on the menus, I'm leaning toward Frontera Cocina.

Thank you.

If you want the best food, my pick would be Frontera Cocina, although I haven't eaten at Maya Grill. I think San Angel Inn is more about the atmosphere as the food is hit or miss and seems overpriced compared to what you get at Frontera. I also loved the margaritas at Frontera. We had lunch there and it was a relaxing meal since it wasn't as busy as I'm sure dinnertime is.

Haven’t been to his Disney outpost but having been to all of the Rick Bayless restaurants in Chicago, even the Ohare counter spot which is great, I would have to say that wins over Epcot’s options.

While I enjoy the food from San Angel Inn, the experience and ambiance is what you are mostly paying for there. If that's important to your group, then go there.

I think when many people think of Mexican food they think: tacos, burritos, fajitas, enchiladas, etc. You will not find a whole lot of that at San Angel Inn, you will find a few more options at La Hacienda, but in general, neither of those 2 places feature a lot of the Mexican foods that many people are accustomed to. Unless you are staying at Coronado, I probably wouldn't make a special trip there; I would opt for Frontera at Disney Springs. The menu looks promising.

Any restaurant by Rick Bayless us going to be great. I haven't tried his restaurant in Orlando, but Chicago is topnotch.

Don't overlook La Hacienda de San Angel. It is one of my absolute favorite places in WDW. The mixed grill is to die for. So is the corn soup. Unless you are looking g for TexMex hamburger tacos and burritos, that would be my first choice.

I just put a review in my dining report if you want to check it out.

Thanks for the information. The ambiance isn't a big deal; I'm looking for good food. I totally missed La Hacienda de San Angel when I was looking at possibilities. It does sound good. I'm still leaning toward Frontera Cocina. The menu sounds great. I don't know if reservations are tough to get there. If they are, I'll fall back on La Hacienda.

My wife and I ate at La Hacienda de San Angel in Feb. 2017. We split the Del Mar (grilled shrimp, scallops & fish, Mexican corn salad & veggies) and it was sensational. Plus the view of the lake just before sunset topped off the experience. We have not eaten at the other restaurants mentioned, so I can't compare & contrast. I would recommend La Hacienda.

We have eaten at all 3 Mexican locations at Epcot.
The QS was great value for the price.
San Angel was just ok very dark & quite noisy in there.
But La Hacienda we loved & if you can get a window view across the lake even better.
I would recommend it.
This year after seeing a few reviews about Frontera Coquina at Disney Springs we have booked an early evening dinner there.

Let me know how you like it OP.
I wanted to try the Mexican food at Epcot but my travelling partner (sister) on that trip said "it's not like anything you've eaten before". We live in a border state that is famous for their 'Mexican' cuisine, their green chile (which has a 'patent' on the name), plus we have traditional Old Mexico cuisine here and used to hop over the border to eat (when it was a bit safer).
I do get intrigued by the photos of the Mexican food on here.

We have eaten at all 3 Mexican locations at Epcot.
The QS was great value for the price.
San Angel was just ok very dark & quite noisy in there.
But La Hacienda we loved & if you can get a window view across the lake even better.
I would recommend it.
This year after seeing a few reviews about Frontera Coquina at Disney Springs we have booked an early evening dinner there.
Frontera Cocina is the only other place in WDW you can get the avocado margarita!

Wow! Thanks everybody. I'm hearing so many good things about La Hacienda and Frontera Concina, it will be hard to decide which to pick. Maybe we can work two Mexican meals into this vacation!

I am currently trying to decide between La Hacienda and Frontera. I’ve been to La Hacienda and really enjoyed it but with all of the positive reviews for Frontera and the AP discount I’m a little undecided. I currently have La Hacienda booked because of the convience. We’re staying at BWV so that might make my decision. I don’t think you can go wrong with either one.

I am currently trying to decide between La Hacienda and Frontera. I’ve been to La Hacienda and really enjoyed it but with all of the positive reviews for Frontera and the AP discount I’m a little undecided. I currently have La Hacienda booked because of the convience. We’re staying at BWV so that might make my decision. I don’t think you can go wrong with either one.

We had frontera cocina last trip. Nothing to write home about. Going to try La Hacienda this next trip. Pepper market used to have some nice pork enchiladas believe it or not. Not sure if they are still there since change. The nachos at the Mexican QS in WS weren’t half bad either. If you are going when there are festival food booths that is where I’ve gotten the best Mexican items at WDW.

I've visited WDW a couple of times, but I've never ate Mexican food there (my favorite) since my friends and family do not care for it. This trip I'm going with my cousins who all like Mexican food. I'm trying to decide which restaurant to make an ADR at. So who has the best Mexican food?

I've been looking at San Angel Inn Restaurante at Epcot, Maya Grill at Coronado Springs Resort, or Frontera Cocina at Disney Springs. So, any thoughts or recommendations for these restaurants? Based on the menus, I'm leaning toward Frontera Cocina.

Thank you.
My fiance and I loved La Hacienda so much that we went back twice! Definitely get the queso dip and I loved their short rib dish! I was excited for the much anticipated avocado margarita but was disappointed. The rest was great though!!

Thank you.
Stay away from San Angel. All together is was one of the worst meals I ever had on Disney property. The waiter was awful too. I tend to think all Mexican food at Disney is nasty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts