Mexican Halloween And Beach Adventure Cozumel Port Adventure

adcatalano

Earning My Ears
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/cozumel-mexico-halloween-and-beach-adventure/

My wife and I are going on the 10/29 western Caribbean on the fantasy. The only port we plan on doing an organized adventure is Cozumel (which happens to fall on Halloween). We originally were set on doing Chichen Itza but a few weeks ago they announced the Mexican Halloween and Beach Adventure. The choice was more important to my wife so I let her have final say. She chose the Halloween one but when I went to book it was sold out. Oh well - it was a win lose either way.

Today I noticed the Halloween port Adventure was no longer listed as sold out so I jumped on a reservation. Figured it would be safer to change our minds out of this than trying to get in down the road. Just wanted everyone who might be on this same cruise know that if this activity interests you book now while it's not sold out.

I'm also hoping for some opinions on what you think we should do, the Halloween event or the chichen itza tour... we're 50/50 split

I am on the same cruise and thought about doing the Halloween excursion because we are actually there on Halloween. We are doing the Highlights, Ruins, and Discover Mexico tour. Part of this tour is going to the same chocolate company so I'm hoping we'll get to see the Dia de Los Muertos stuff. If I were a party of 2 adults, I would probably go to Chichen Itza though. I would LOVE to go there, but I think the amount of travelling involved would be too much for my child.

These are two such different excursions!

One is an all day, possibly strenuous, (4 hours one way!!) travel to a very monumental, well known, special world famous location, the other one seems to be a one time event/opportunity for some culture/food/relaxation that you may be unlikely to experience ever again. (Unless you can time a visit to Cozumel on Halloween ever again?)

You must have a preference!?!

Do you see yourself on a plane, bus, boat for hours to see an amazing world famous world heritage site?

Or do you see yourself in a bathing suit, tasting chocolates and immersing yourself in a Mexican Halloween experience?

I feel we are less likely to be back in port on Halloween as compared to being back in general. One thought is we can do chichen itza if we ever have a port around there on a future cruise, but we probably won't get the other programming choice again. We are both into the Mexican culture as it surrounds the day of the dead, but we also know how momentous the ruins visit would be. I have a feeling I'm more pro Halloween excursion and my wife is more chichen itza but she was willing to decide on the other. We'll be happy either way, but there'll be some regrets no matter what

How was this excursion? What was it like? Anyone know if this will be available year round? We're going in March and would like to do this. Is there an option to stay longer at the beach after? Thanks!

It was ok. We were apparently the second group to ever do this excursion so there is definitely room for it to grow. Our tour guide Miguel "Mike" was great, very informative on the drive to the cacao company. The cacao tour was informative and interesting as well. As part of the day of the dead section we learnt about what goes into an altar for the deceased. Learnt a little, but wished we went deeper into things. At the end there were sugar skull coloring pages that you could decorate - by the description I thought we'd be making real sugar skull masks so that was a disappointment.

The beach was fine but obviously "tourist-y". I'm sure you could stay longer as long you got yourself back to the ship (they gave us the option of skipping the beach as well if you paid for a taxi back).

This has the potential to be a good excursion but it was too light on the day of the dead for me. I probably would have enjoyed myself more if in the back of my mind I wasn't questioning my decision to pick this over chichen itza. I don't know f they'll be doing it off season but it sounded like they would be continuing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter