MHT people..a question...

Beanie

~*Snoopy Fan Forever*~
Has anyone flew out of Manchester lately? Can you tell me what the Security is like? I mean, how far in advance should I arrive?? I have a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old with me and I would like to get there the latest time possible...My flight leaves at 8 in the morning...thanks! :)

I flew out a week ago from Manchester, arriving 1 1/2 hours before my flight and had plenty of time. But, I was flying solo and did not care what boarding number I got on Southwest either. I was in the third boarding group. But then again, if you have small children and are also flying Southwest, your boarding number doesn't really matter, now does it?

I LOVE MHT and avoid Logan like the plague!!! I went to pick up family a few weeks ago late in the afternoon and noticed a line to check in, but it was for Delta. I did not notice one for Southwest. There are still guards patrolling and security is still searching bags, people, etc. No one without a ticket is allowed near the gates. If you are flying Southwest and are on the first flight out, then I would plan on 2 hours prior to the flight to arrive. Even if you have a paper ticket, you still need to check in at the counter downstairs (unless this has recently changed). This will allow enough time to check in downstairs, check any luggage, then head upstairs through security, then wait in line to get your boarding cards. Plan on bringing things for the kids to do both at the airport and on the plane, such as travel games, coloring books, etc. When I went last September and took that flight, the line was very long. This is a popular flight to be on, since it is their first one of the day to MCO.

Thanks everyone!! I appreciate the responses...I am flying Southwest and yes with two kids, so boarding doesn't matter...but I did want to know if 2 hours was enough, which you both answered perfectly for me!! Thanks so much!! :)

I'll be seeing you fly right over my house - be sure to wave! :D LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter