Miami to Orlando

Caoimhe

Earning My Ears
Hi all
We are flying in to Miami and driving to Orlando which i believe is about 4 hours. I am looking for advise on where to stop for food about 2 hours into the journey. We hope to be leaving the airport roughly about 10 pm so are looking for something with very late opening or 24 hour opening. I appreciate that maybe we are stuck with McDonalds, thats not a problem for us - its just advise on where to get off the turnpike that will offer us any food option so late at night.
Thanks for any advise
C

the florida turnpike has service stations every so many miles..
you don't leave the turnpike, the stations are located right in the middle..
each one has several different eating places, all located inside the building together..
for example, the fort pierce station has earl of sandwich, dunkin donuts, wendy's, villa pizza, freshen and auntie anne..
so of course, i would pick earl or wendy...

each station is like that with multiple eating spots..

the last time i drove the turnpike, it was from orlando to fort lauderdale (for a cruise)..
i'd planned on stopping halfway for coffee, but it turned out i was soooooooooooooo tired, i stopped at every single service station to walk around for a few minutes..
it was the only way i could finish the drive...

FYI Earl of Sandwich is only open till 7:00 p.m. and most of the other restaurants at service plazas are not open late. They usually close around 8 p,m so if you plan to eat after 10 pm. you will have to get off the turnpike to eat.

Here is a link the Earl of Sandwich on the turnpike. https://earlofsandwichusa.com/locations/us/fl/lake-worth/florida-turnpike-mile-marker-94/

For places to eat that are 24hrs look for Steak and Shakes or Waffle Houses.

Last edited:
We did this back in 2012, the service stations are great & as previous posters have said there are lots of them.
Our journey from Miami up to Orlando was great, the journey back down to Miami to catch our flight home not so great.

thank you both for that information, I think I am going to have to go in search of food, we are landing about 9pm and want to be on the road awhile before we stop to eat. Only 15 more days, the excitement is growing in this house :)

thank you both for that information, I think I am going to have to go in search of food, we are landing about 9pm and want to be on the road awhile before we stop to eat. Only 15 more days, the excitement is growing in this house :)

there are places to get food at miami airport that are before security - in other words, you would have access to them even after you've picked up your luggage...
but i don't know what terminal you come into and if it's even workable
check this map to see
most are only open until 9 or 10 PM, but at least one is open 24 hours
https://www.shopmiamiairport.com/retailer-category/dine/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!