Michael Eisner Buys Pompey

k8Davies

K8Davies
Not sure if this qualifies as a DIS worthy post, so moderators please feel free to get rid but I though it was worth sharing:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41509530

Now I don't want to upset any Pompey fans but with all the clubs in England, not sure if this would be my first choice.

Although maybe he likes a fixer upper and they'll be headed for Glory.

Edit: The link didn't bring up a picture and a synopsis - so just in case you don't want to click on it - Mike has bought a English Football Team - Portsmouth (Nickname: Pompey) - not the most successful football team of all time but they do like to try.

Last edited:
I miss working for Eisner.:mickeyjum I know at the end of his time at Disney people were wanting to see him go. I wish him good luck in his new adventure. Does anyone think the quality of cast member went down when he left?

Look ... somebody's got to own Pompey. And the last couple of owners didn't exactly do the business. If Southampton can hang in the top flight and Brighton can gain a spot, I fail to see why Portsmouth can't eventually get their mess together again make the south coast presence even greater.

Look ... somebody's got to own Pompey. And the last couple of owners didn't exactly do the business. If Southampton can hang in the top flight and Brighton can gain a spot, I fail to see why Portsmouth can't eventually get their mess together again make the south coast presence even greater.

Knew there would be someone out there rooting for the team.

Although I feel Portsmouth's Pain as I'm a Sunderland Fan (not a huge one but my family hail from there, went to University in Sunderland and I've been to a few matches) hmm now Wondering if I could persuade Bob Iger to buy the team lol :rotfl:

Silly little thing but annoying at the same time - when did the use of "an" before a word starting with a vowel cease? Tired of seeing and hearing things like "a English football team", "a orange", "a onion soup" etc. This is now rife throughout the internet and tv programmes - especially cookery shows where the word "an" has virtually disappeared into oblivion.

Silly little thing but annoying at the same time - when did the use of "an" before a word starting with a vowel cease? Tired of seeing and hearing things like "a English football team", "a orange", "a onion soup" etc. This is now rife throughout the internet and tv programmes - especially cookery shows where the word "an" has virtually disappeared into oblivion.

I apologies if my Dyslexia offends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!