Mickey Mouse toaster by Villaware

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
Many moons ago my mom found a Mickey Mouse toaster and it looks real cute and it was made by Villaware in 2006. The toaster is gray with Mickey's face on the front and you can actually make Mickey toast with it. What makes this toaster unique is that when the toast is ready and pops up The Mickey Mouse March plays and is so cool. I remember when I was recovering from a surgery and she had bought the toaster before my surgery and when I got home from the hospital my mother set it up and the next morning when I woke up I heard The Mickey Mouse March and at first I thought my mother had scored a deal on a sale at ShopDisney and then I realized it was the toaster and Mom had made me Mickey toast and it was so cute. And when Mom demonstrated it for me I was amazed at our toaster. We still have our Mickey Mouse toaster and I wonder if it's a collector's item today? I know that Villaware made a waffle iron of Mickey Mouse and there is also Cinderella toasters and waffle irons too

That's such a heartwarming story and your mom is so thoughtful!

Does yours say "Mornin'" on the longer side with the image of mickey and on the shorter sides is it red?

My Mickey Mouse toaster does say "Mornin" with the Mickey image and it's red too. I also learned that there was gonna be more Mickey Mouse kitchen appliances such as a coffee maker and blender but those were never made. Are these Mickey Mouse toasters collectible if you have one not used and still in it's original box?

A quick look at eBay right now... I see less of yours - the ones that have the partial red finishing - for sale than the ones that are chrome colored throughout (there seem to be a couple or few different versions of the toaster as far as finisihings - some are all chrome - some have the red, etc.)

The red ones are priced at $60ish used, without a box. There's three listed (of 50 listings). I think your toaster is used and if you kept the box then it could sell for at least $60 and upward from there. I didn't look at the sold prices because $60 seems acheivable in my opinion.

For a new-in-box one - to answer your specific question, yes these are collectible for sure and you're probably looking at $150 to $200 based on some of the other prices I see that are new in the box.

After 20 years collectibles achieve vintage status and you only have 3 years to go! After that length of time, especially for a kitchen item like this, there will be less of these unused and still in the original box.

I believe there was also one with Pooh and Tigger on it, which played (what else?) "Winnie the Pooh". Its handle was shaped like a bee rather than a Mickey head icon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter